AFL

Jonesy

AFL

Any of you aussie boys like AFL?

Awesome game. Go Essendon, they speed we have is amazing, Davey, Jetta, Monfries, Nash, Winderlich, Lovett, Dempsey, ohhh yeh. Pity Lucas is out though, but what a win first up.

Re: AFL

Coarse I love AFL, what do you think I am! :laugh:

All I can say is Geelong rocks. Bartel, Ablett, Stokes, Varcoe and Corey, great team. Now I just need to get my hands on a guernsey of theirs...

Glory hunter!

It's on tomorrow. Our speed will be too much for you, plus your backline is the worst it's looked in ages, LLoyd, Lovett-Murray and McPhee will own it.

We'll see Jonesy, we'll see...

Anyway Ive been going for Geelong for as long as I can remember, so glory hunter that :p

whats AFL? aussie ball? Thats what we call it in gym class i played it once very diffucult sport but fun

AFL is our version of football, but you hold the ball, which is oval shaped, with your hand, then you can drop it down onto your foot and kick it while it's in the air, or you can hold it with one hand, and punch it to another person on your team with the other hand. The main aim is to kick the ball between two big sticks, that's worth 6 points, but if you miss and it goes between a small stick and a big stick it's 1 point.

Oh yeh, and if a player has the ball, you can tackle then with your arms. And if you catch the ball, it's called a mark, and the game stops and you can kick it.

Some of the players who play AFL kick it longer than players in American Football. Wowz. AFL is the 'hard' version of football (or soccer), cos you can actually tackle people to the ground.

Liz, how do you know all the teams? You left out the best team of all, essendon bombers.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=d-PFRrJQtew"]YouTube - AFL - Highlights Of 2007[/ame]

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=yzCWiXW0nCM"]YouTube - 2005 AFL Promotional Video[/ame]

yeah i played it once as i said here we call it aussie ball! And i played rugby 2 sports in which i am horrible lol but thats y there is cricket :D

I havent seen much of it but isnt it similar to rugby or american football? Do they wear all the 50 kg of protective gear that NFL players wear?

Thats good. At first when I saw guys playing NFL I thought they were really huge but then realised that that was all protective padding. :laugh:

Yep, the Aussie Rules players don't need to wear Kevlar armour, they're not wimps. In fact I remember a Brisbane ruckman took a massive hit of 10 G's or something like that. And they are also extremely fit, its not unheard of for players to cover 2, 3 kilometers in a quarter, at speeds like 25km/h. It all makes for a great game :p :D

Pretty good effort by Geelong. They won and thats all that matters. Good on Hawkins, the young bloke, kicked 5 goals. Joel Corey got 34 possessions. Wasn't a flogging but at least we stay 3 from 3

jimmy33 said:
Pretty good effort by Geelong. They won and thats all that matters. Good on Hawkins, the young bloke, kicked 5 goals. Joel Corey got 34 possessions. Wasn't a flogging but at least we stay 3 from 3

Geelong sucked. How could they, the premiers only win by 30? Poor effort.

Pfffffffffft, any team would take a win of 30 points if they were offered it. And being the reigning premiers doesn't mean squat. They won and thats all that matters

But against Melbourne in a home game? I don't think so.

FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK FK

There goes out season, McVeigh, Lonegan and Winderlich all injured tonight. Our 2 best players are now out, and we have 10 injuries in total, 9 of which would normally play in the first 22.

7 PEOPLE OUT WITH HAMMIES. FKK ME.

We're goe without no McVeigh or Lucas, ouuccchhhh.

I give up. The season isn't worth watching. If we get a win in the next 4 games I'll be stumped.

No tall up forward, Lucas, Lloyd and Gumbleton all injured. Arrgghhh.

We would of won if McVeigh didn't get injured, FK FK FK, We shoulda been 3-1 but now we're 2-2 and we're gonna be 2-6 without McVeigh and Lucas.

OK, so you still have your captain though, that can lift the team? No, he's injured. Vice Captain? Injured. Third? Injured? 4th in line? HE'S OFF THE FIELD EVERY FKN 5 SECONDS WITH A BLOODY PINCHED NERVE. UGGHHHHHH,

I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ITTT.

Back