• Andrew Mcdonald (Vic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Domnic Thornely (NSW)

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spin King

Andrew Mcdonald or Domnic Thornely?

Interesting as they are both similiar type players who are great for their state and both have fiery red hair!

Who would you prefer if you could pick either?

Re: Andrew Mcdonald or Domnic Thornely?

Spin King;274402 said:
Interesting as they are both similiar type players who are great for their state and both have fiery red hair!

Who would you prefer if you could pick either?
Andrew McDonald is more your bowling all rounder whilst Dom Thornely is more your batting all rounder. Hard one but I reckon I would just pick Thornely because he can make an awesome score and take some pretty handy wickets.
I know Andrew McDonald. He went to the same school as me, but was 2 grades lower than me.

schwab2clarkson;274413 said:
Andrew McDonald is more your bowling all rounder whilst Dom Thornely is more your batting all rounder. Hard one but I reckon I would just pick Thornely because he can make an awesome score and take some pretty handy wickets.
I know Andrew McDonald. He went to the same school as me, but was 2 grades lower than me.

Dom struggles against the short ball and it is a proven weakness and now the other states have picked up on it and he has been struggling, although last night he scored a few he hardly faced Tait who is S.A's only strike bowler.

i think if u want consistency you go macca, but if u want that fella who can occasionally be a match winner u go thornely... who i think has generally under acheived, esp in the one dayers... i would go mcdonald..

schwab2clarkson;274413 said:
Murray High represent.

Two vastly different players, would be like saying Brian Lara vs Glenn McGrath.

I would have said Dom 2 years ago but last year Dom proved he cant play under pressure. The only runs he scored was when we were going great guns. He's done OK under pressure this year but really he's not the player he used to be.

I'd take Andrew McDonald in the Shield and Thornley in the Ford Ranger Cup and Twenty20 competitions.

Thornley has the ability to win games and can be very explosive with the bat whereas McDonald is a better bowler and is very consistent with both sides of his game making him a perfect 4-day all rounder.

Jolldo87;280552 said:
I'd take Andrew McDonald in the Shield and Thornley in the Ford Ranger Cup and Twenty20 competitions.

Thornley has the ability to win games and can be very explosive with the bat whereas McDonald is a better bowler and is very consistent with both sides of his game making him a perfect 4-day all rounder.
Very true.

Back