Ankle Sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam1312

Ankle Sprain

I hurt my ankle but it's not sprained so I know the doctor will not do anything so how can I sprain it on purpose so the doctor will help me

Re: Ankle Sprain

I hope you're joking ;)

Tell me what you did, exactly where it hurts and what you have done so far and I shall try to help you.

Liz ward it hurts below the knobly part but I think it bruised but not badly and the bruise isn't visable

Obviously a man of few words :D

OK... "did it bowling" tells me less than little ;)

Was there contact or did you roll over your ankle?
Is this left foot or right foot?
Are you a LH or RH?
Were you on flat or uneven ground?
As ankles are very knobbly, is this the outside of the ankle?
Did you notice any inflammation?
How old are you?
[and very importantly]
When did this happen?

Need answers to ALL the questions to be of any help.

It happed a week ago I was on uneven ground I don't know if I rolled it or not I am 13 yo it is my left ankle but I know it diffinatly not sprained and the doc won't do anythnig so I need to sprain it on purpose to get treatment

adam1312;382297 said:
...I know it diffinatly not sprained and the doc won't do anythnig so I need to sprain it on purpose to get treatment

I can't begin to explain how crazy that statement is!

OK... we're getting near to all the answers:

Are you left handed?
Side on or front on?
Is this the outside of your ankle?
Did you notice any inflammation?

Can you please tell me how to sprain my ankle so the injury will be worse and I will get treatment from my doctor

OK... we're not getting very far here. It would appear that you are more concerned about causing yourself further injury than seeking treatment from this site.

This is more of a psychological issue and I would seriously suggest you speak to your parents or another responsible adult [possibly teacher] about this. Self harming, for whatever reason, is never an answer... to anything.

If you have issues you feel you cannot discuss with anybody else, you may PM me, ensuring you copy in mas cambios and, if you live in the UK, I can let you know who you can speak to.

Liz Ward;382303 said:
OK... we're not getting very far here. It would appear that you are more concerned about causing yourself further injury than seeking treatment from this site.

This is more of a psychological issue and I would seriously suggest you speak to your parents or another responsible adult [possibly teacher] about this. Self harming, for whatever reason, is never an answer... to anything.

If you have issues you feel you cannot discuss with anybody else, you may PM me, ensuring you copy in mas cambios and, if you live in the UK, I can let you know who you can speak to.

Agree, spraining your ankle is bizarre and not the way to go about fixing it.

Can I ask why on earth you'd want to deliberately sprain your ankle? If it's not sprained that's a good thing and you're more likely to get back into your cricket quicker without any problem with your current injury.

Adam - no-one is going to give you advice on how to hurt yourself, not least for the fact that it could get them in serious trouble and could potentially do long term damge to you.

If your ankle is hurting then make an appointment to see a doctor. If you're concerned about not getting the correct treatment then you should be able to see a different one from the one you saw previously.

At best all a doctor is going to do is tell you to take it easy. Of course, if there are other things that you want to talk to them about then make an appointment with that in mind. Liz has given you an option to message her in private, if you feel you need help then please do so.

I don't think this tread is going anywhere sensible so I'm going to lock it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back