Any Fellow Ping Pong Players?

CancelledUser2014

Account Cancelled by User
Are any of you dedicated ping pong players? It's a great sport, I've just started playing it, working on my "pendulum serve":D...

It's the next best thing if your a wrist spinner with nothing to do besides spinning a ball from hand to hand! Spin is the most important part of ping pong, (wait, there's more) the light ball is affected by the Magnus Effect so much that it drifts even though it only travels a few meters. It also strengthens your wrists which helps your bowling and keeps you fit.:) What is there not to like about it?

I'm sure there are a few professionals on here, and beginners like me. Has anyone who plays table tennis noticed any ways that it affects your cricket (not necessarily your bowling) positively?

Are any of you dedicated ping pong players? It's a great sport, I've just started playing it, working on my "pendulum serve":D...

It's the next best thing if your a wrist spinner with nothing to do besides spinning a ball from hand to hand! Spin is the most important part of ping pong, (wait, there's more) the light ball is affected by the Magnus Effect so much that it drifts even though it only travels a few meters. It also strengthens your wrists which helps your bowling and keeps you fit.:) What is there not to like about it?

I'm sure there are a few professionals on here, and beginners like me. Has anyone who plays table tennis noticed any ways that it affects your cricket (not necessarily your bowling) positively?

Grimmett was a champion table tennis player and used the ping pong ball and table to demonstrate the effects of spin.

The first night he met Bradman they played table tennis after dinner at Grimmetts house in Adelaide. Grimmetts trick serve was a backspinner that returned straight back to the server!

The next day Grimmett dismissed Bradman cheaply and Grimmett thought it had a bit to do with his spin demonstration the night before.

Grimmett was a champion table tennis player and used the ping pong ball and table to demonstrate the effects of spin.

The first night he met Bradman they played table tennis after dinner at Grimmetts house in Adelaide. Grimmetts trick serve was a backspinner that returned straight back to the server!

The next day Grimmett dismissed Bradman cheaply and Grimmett thought it had a bit to do with his spin demonstration the night before.

Interesting! I also think the fact that Grimmet dismissed Bradman so often may have contributed to him saying that away-spinning deliveries are better than in-spinning deliveries. From what I have seen, experienced, and reseached this is far from the truth. But of course he wasn't used to someone taking his wicket:D

Grimmet could have taught me that trick serve anytime! Sounds just about unplayabe, because table tennis balls only grip (turn) on the second or third bounce, so you would totally misjudge it.

An infuriating game if you as me ha.

It can be. Especially if your a beginner! But your eye takes a while to get in when you play ping pong, you never do your best from the beginning. It's the same as batting, at the start of your innings you should only focus on getting your eye in. Ping pong is a lot more complicated than batting though:D

How about ten pin bowling? Are any of you good ten pinners? I don't know if you could call it a "sport" but I suppose you could. In that case, it's a great sport! Partly because spin is also a big part of it. Is it possible and effective to use backspin in ten pin bowling? Backspin is used in almost every other sport, but not in ten pin bowling, even though it could work well if you get it right:confused:

It can be. Especially if your a beginner!
It's probably because my 2 friends that I lived with when we had a table were really good at it and unbeatable even though I wasn't useless or anything.

I should get back into playing proper outdoor tennis again.. Now that's a good game.

It's probably because my 2 friends that I lived with when we had a table were really good at it and unbeatable even though I wasn't useless or anything.

I should get back into playing proper outdoor tennis again.. Now that's a good game.

It sure is. But I think it's even more difficult to become a reasonably good player in tennis than it is in ping pong. If you can get some good revs on the ball your on your way. But tennis requires much more skill, stamina etc.

Back