APS Cricket 08-09

Wiz

APS Cricket 08-09

Alright its nearly here, the season approaches and all we have on big cricket is bs threads like McGorian and O'Sullivan best opening pair ever and The Williamson Cricket Academy.

Lets get it back to the days where u can talk about actual cricket rather than potential relationships in the APS.

How bout we start with the best players in the APS, or the premiership contenders and maybe if we could stretch ourselves to evn talk about the ginga ninja from MGS James Bett who clearly has 3 alias's and uses them to talk about himself.

Re: APS Cricket 08-09

Wiz;270181 said:
Alright its nearly here, the season approaches and all we have on big cricket is bs threads like McGorian and O'Sullivan best opening pair ever and The Williamson Cricket Academy.

Lets get it back to the days where u can talk about actual cricket rather than potential relationships in the APS.

How bout we start with the best players in the APS, or the premiership contenders and maybe if we could stretch ourselves to evn talk about the ginga ninja from MGS James Bett who clearly has 3 alias's and uses them to talk about himself.

Yeah the Wiz!

Heard that Geelong College imported a Canadian ice hockey player as a fielding coach. Any CHANCE of them coming up from the bottom?

Melbourne Grammar looking strong for 08/09.

Retaining last years premiership players in Morris, Voyage, Keath, Bett, Trotter, Cameron. Also Sam Dunell and Lachie Gooley return on apprentice schemes.

Must be favourites at this early stage

FioraDud;270538 said:
Melbourne Grammar looking strong for 08/09.

Retaining last years premiership players in Morris, Voyage, Keath, Bett, Trotter, Cameron. Also Sam Dunell and Lachie Gooley return on apprentice schemes.

Must be favourites at this early stage

I disagree fioradud. these players are not proven in APS cricket. Xavier have proven performers and even scotch have a batting line up consisting of eldridge, o'beirne and who can forget muttdon. It will be a hotly contested season. Fiskem - i love u.

Scotch lineup is looking promising retaining several key members from the team that finished a respectable third last year including this seasons captain Macmillan and star all round Eldridge. Players who played official games last season that are also retained include... Muttdon, G. Van Den Broek, M. Van Den Broek, Mather, Jamieson, McMahon, O'beirne, Collins and Reeves. Other teams should look out for another school captain injection with Matty Grose ever firming as 2009 Scotch College school captain.

The mouth watering round one contest with MGS could shape both schools' seasons and with scotch having a full quota to choose from grammar should watch out...

Teamorale 491 - its mutual

Haileybury not as strong as they have been in recent years but with the likes of Coleman,Williamson and Nainhabo they could be a surprise packet. Scotch are inexperienced and yet to prove themselve in the competition and grammar have no depth. Geelong college without the likes of Kitchen and Wesley are most likely going to be contending for last as they have no good players. Carey without the likes of Chancellor could be in a bit of trouble yet Meg could decide to open the account with the bat and be a dominating force. Xavier are pretenders enough said. Caulfield will struggle they are also inexperienced and yet to learn the ways of the APS. My ladder prediction looks a little something like this:

Melbourne Grammar (if they play as a team because bett is an individual)
Haileybury (surprise pack well rounded team)
Scotch (great team of individuals)
Xavier (pretenders always choke with good list)
Caulfield (inexperienced)
Carey (May cause upsets)
Geelong Grammar (alright need to rebuild)
Wesley (??)
Geelong College (??)

What does everyone think??

The Import;271172 said:
Haileybury not as strong as they have been in recent years but with the likes of Coleman,Williamson and Nainhabo they could be a surprise packet. Scotch are inexperienced and yet to prove themselve in the competition and grammar have no depth. Geelong college without the likes of Kitchen and Wesley are most likely going to be contending for last as they have no good players. Carey without the likes of Chancellor could be in a bit of trouble yet Meg could decide to open the account with the bat and be a dominating force. Xavier are pretenders enough said. Caulfield will struggle they are also inexperienced and yet to learn the ways of the APS. My ladder prediction looks a little something like this:

Carey (May cause upsets)
Wesley (??)
Geelong College (??)

I think your a tool.

Why do people single Bett out as being an individual, selfish, etc etc. We can agree that, yes, he is a red head, yes he can be a tool, yes he is over the top, yes his handwriting is terrible, yes he is a try hard, yes he puts his hand up in English way too quickly for anyone's liking, yes he does put too much zinc on, yes he does have a storeroom of sunscreen at his house.

But to call him selfish is pretty much the lowest thing you can say about anyone so how about you stop and think next time you write, you dropkick.

Wiz;270181 said:
...if we could stretch ourselves to evn talk about the ginga ninja from MGS James Bett who clearly has 3 alias's and uses them to talk about himself.

FioraDud;271258 said:
...Bett is the greatest thing ever to happen to the planet, I enjoy large pizza's, My name is Bett not Betts!

Really, try harder McBettmiester.

Ultimately, Bett is probably the biggest tool in the APS, even though I've never met him.

Haileybury is t he surprise packet, who knows, maybe I'll be fronting up the first ball of the year.

Bill_Skelton;271352 said:

Ultimately, Bett is probably the biggest tool in the APS, even though I've never met him.

Haileybury is t he surprise packet, who knows, maybe I'll be fronting up the first ball of the year.

Your talking 3's right?

Bill_Skelton;271352 said:

I would have to agree with this he is so far up his own arse he can see what he had for breakfast

YanYan;270184 said:
Yeah the Wiz!

Heard that Geelong College imported a Canadian ice hockey player as a fielding coach. Any CHANCE of them coming up from the bottom?

Ice Hockey

Fielding

where the ******** did you pull that shit from wtf does ice hockey have to do with cricket

how typical is this, the first couple of repsonses were signs of the years past. until a few people had to make it a juvenile forum like the others.

great to see we can talk about cricket without referring to people wrenching their breakfast out of their arses.

News at Haileybury is that a few Years 9's reckon they have a chance of making 1's this season. Couple of good prospects, but most are just thinking that they are better than they actually are.

Also, Inside word is that Big Chief Willo is out with a debilitating wrist injury suffered when moving his rook to e6 at the recent APS Chess Tournament

Wiz;272046 said:
how typical is this, the first couple of repsonses were signs of the years past. until a few people had to make it a juvenile forum like the others.

great to see we can talk about cricket without referring to people wrenching their breakfast out of their arses.

YanYan;272361 said:
Also, Inside word is that Big Chief Willo is out with a debilitating wrist injury suffered when moving his rook to e6 at the recent APS Chess Tournament

Tell your dumbass mate that

The Import;271172 said:

Carey (May cause upsets)
Wesley (??)
Geelong College (??)

mate u r full of shit haliebury has no chance u hav lost all ur ********in guns with little comin up through the bottom age players. btw scotch is not inexperienced btw dippy they hav retained nearly every player from last year

i tend to agree with gamebreaker here. it is wrong to say scotch is inexperienced. how do u think you can justify that?

Back