Australia v India

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Australia v India

Australia in India – One Day Series Preview

After the excitement of the Twenty20 World Championship we return to normal business with an intriguing contest as India square off against Australia in a 7 match one day series.

A little over two weeks ago you would have found Australia as overwhelming favourites but the small matter of an Indian tournament victory coupled with a number of Australian injuries put this series firmly back in the balance.

Regardless of injury, Australia will still pose a stern test and India will have to be at their very best if they are to come away from this with a series win. Ricky Ponting is a doubt for the first game and they will be missing Shane Watson and Mike Hussey for the duration. Couple this with the loss of Glenn McGrath and it will be a somewhat changed side from the world cup winning team of April.

India themselves are not without injury concerns - the young Piyush Chawla missing out due to an ankle problem. In his absence the recalled Harbhajan Singh will be looking to revisit past glories and once again torment the Australians.

Perhaps more pressing for India will be the lack of a settled coach to help guide the inexperienced captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. It’s true that he impressed during the recent Twenty20 win; however, the 50 over game will present a sterner examination of his leadership qualities; although he will be blessed with help from the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly.

So there we have it, the long time kings of the 50 over game taking on the newly crowned kings of the shortest version. Add in the mix of injuries, an expectant Indian public and the recent history between these two sides and we could be in for a real humdinger, perhaps even enough to help those seduced by the thrill of twenty20 cricket fall back in love with an old mistress!

Re: Australia in India

Fixtures

Sat 29

1st ODI - India v Australia
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

October 2007

Tue 2
2nd ODI - India v Australia
Nehru Stadium, Kochi

Fri 5
3rd ODI - India v Australia
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Mon 8
4th ODI - India v Australia
Sector 16 Stadium, Chandigarh

Thu 11
5th ODI - India v Australia
I.P.C.L. Sports Complex Ground, Vadodara

Sun 14
6th ODI - India v Australia
Vidarbha C.A. Ground, Nagpur

Wed 17
7th ODI - India v Australia
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai

Sat 20
Only Twenty20 International - India v Australia
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Re: Australia v India

7 Odi's is too much. i reckon we are going to beat them. india hve done well in the recent 20 20 cup but we still are the team to beat.

The first game of this series has begun and no-one is on the ascendancy as of yet.

Australia currently 56-2 off 10 overs, with the wickets to fall Glichrist and Hodge.

Australia have consolidated after losing 2 quick wickets. They are going at a good run rate. Indian bowlers have conceded too many extras, they havent been able to get steady line and lenght going.

3rd wicket down and it's Hayden, bowled by Sreesanth. Shaping up to be a bit of see-saw game, which is just what the 50 over game needs after the Twenty20 cup.

Sreesanth was bowling very quick, topping at 147kph, it is a shame the consistancy was not there. At 24, he has about 5 more years at full pace, lets hope he can get the accuracy in that time.

Fleming made a good point when he said that great fast bowlers have great agressive AND defensive games (Mcgrath, Pollock, Zaheer Khan) and that Sreesanth only has the former. It is a good point to make and I think such a trait is even more vital for test matches.

This pitch looks flat enough with some good carry and others seemingly dying. I feel that with the lightening outfield, 300 should be par for this pitch. I think that Irfan Pathan should be brought on soon, rotation of fast bowlers is the key imo on this hot day.

Whilst Fleming made a good point about the defensive games, I think most teams can carry one out and out aggressive bowler.

It adds something to the attack and if used correctly can be an effective weapon.

In the case of Sreesanth, he is still young(ish) in terms of reaching his peak and I'm sure that he will learn the art of defence in the coming years.

Almost_Austwick said:
Whilst Fleming made a good point about the defensive games, I think most teams can carry one out and out aggressive bowler.

It adds something to the attack and if used correctly can be an effective weapon.

In the case of Sreesanth, he is still young(ish) in terms of reaching his peak and I'm sure that he will learn the art of defence in the coming years.

Indeed, I think defensive games are slightly important in ODIs but much more so in Test matches.

Symonds was beaten by the slower ball. Good variation by Sreesanth to get the wicket. He has bowled smartly today. One thing he needs to work on is consistency, he can be wayward at times.
The two quick wickets have slowed down the scoring rate but the overall run rate is still respectable.

Running slowly to the ball on the boundary and occasionally grimacing, it seems Ganguly has tweaked something in his leg, I hope it is not too serious.

australia are in trouble they dont have good batsmen after this pair.pathan is coming to bowl now it will be intersting to see how he bowls.

Good start, he is seemingly 130-140kph and the accuracy is good, he will need to get some swing though because he is not too quick in the air.

Looking bad for Australia, a lot will depends on these two batsman, Clarke is the key wicket for India.

Why play Haddin, surely they have other batsman that deserve a place above him? I know that they are trying to bed him in to take over from Gilchrist but I don't see the point of both them playing.

These two batsmen are looking settled now. India needs to get one of them early otherwise the game will drift away from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back