Australia-WI 12.9.06 ODI

B

BigJeff

Australia-WI 12.9.06 ODI

Australia have announced their squad:
Australia team v West Indies, September 12
Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (vice-captain), Phil Jaques, Simon Katich, Mark Cosgrove, Brad Haddin, Shane Watson, Dan Cullen, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath. (12th man to be announced).

Re: Australia-WI 12.9.06 ODI

Looks like the rain my hold off for now at least.

Australia to bat first.

wow, almost a brilliant start, the Windies almost had a runout on the second ball, but missed the stumps

Interesting. Bradshaw knocked the bails off (at his end) twice while he was bowling in the first over. Perhaps a bit of rustiness here.

Fantastic!
Edwards bowled Jaques, a great start here in the 4th over.

93/1 after 19, good partnership for Ponting and Katich.

Looks like Australia will be able to reach a total in excess of 250, and I think the West Indies will hace a tough time batting at night under the brand new floodlights. It was probably a wise move for Ponting to bat first.

118-2, 23 overs. the aussie bats don't seem too rusty :)

Very nice bowling from Bradshaw here, lets see if the rest of the team can join in.

3-178 after 35 overs

Cosgrove on 21, Clarke on 42

279 to the Aussies and the Windies sitting very comfortably at 124/0 with Chanderpaul on 72 and Gayle 42.

Great work by the Windies to put themselves in such a strong position @|

Wow what a massive collapse by the Windies! Absolutely unbelievable, it looked like they were going to win in a walk. What a grand game this cricket is.

Well, and I didn't even know this game was on....

off to check the scores!

That's a collapse of 8/29 from the Windies - fair effort that!

Couldn't believe what I heard this morning! I went to bed last night when the Windies had lost only 1 wicket for about 150 thinking they would have it pretty easy (or at least get very close)!

Can't wait to see the highlights...

What a horrendous collapse. The win appeared all but certain, and then every single West Indies batsman fell. Terrible. If I were Chanderpaul or Gayle, I'd feel very discouraged right now. I hope they don't give up and turn in a lackluster effort of their own in tomorrow's match.

I stayed up and watched til the end.

Was a fantastic effort by the Aussies, effectively our seconds side with a lot of youngsters in there and we pulled off a very comfortable win in the end.

9/29 or something, proves how much better Australia are then everyone in the world and how much work the Windies have to do.

Bennycoff;97987 said:
proves how much better Australia are then everyone in the world and how much work the Windies have to do.
:rolleyes: give me a break

Bennycoff;97987 said:
I stayed up and watched til the end.

Was a fantastic effort by the Aussies, effectively our seconds side with a lot of youngsters in there and we pulled off a very comfortable win in the end.

9/29 or something, proves how much better Australia are then everyone in the world and how much work the Windies have to do.

Benny, don't be fooled by the collapse. It just shows how little batting capability the Windies line-up had. Aussies were rusty, and had a good win, but I don't see this game proving anything else really.

Back