Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

shakes_7;194677 said:
don't we all, they have big things to say about him down there. i haven't seen much of him to be honest

we all know e. johnson looks to be clear leader in ej so far. who would you guys have second. I reckon B. Burns would be up there.

iamthehighway;194664 said:
what do you think don?
im guessing you would of seen it?

ha ha yeah, i might of got a little sneaky look.
So who can tell whats going on with Wendouree, they could be in a bit of strife this week. They are by far the best team on paper but dont seem to be showing it yet. I guess its better to be in a bit of a slump now rather then later. But they still seem to keep winning.

What were the results of the twenty twenty last night?
Mount clear beat Haddon. Haddon batted first, made 113 and the mounties made that score in about 10 overs.

the_don88;195058 said:
What were the results of the twenty twenty last night?
Mount clear beat Haddon. Haddon batted first, made 113 and the mounties made that score in about 10 overs.

Lucas all out for 79, BRCC 8/162. Anyone know the Wendoure v Naps score?

Waka05;195132 said:
Lucas all out for 79, BRCC 8/162. Anyone know the Wendoure v Naps score?

yeah naps have made the big kill. Naps 143 and wendouree all out 99.

Very average turnout this year...what happened to everyone else?!

Sleeper;195229 said:
yeah naps have made the big kill. Naps 143 and wendouree all out 99.

Very average turnout this year...what happened to everyone else?!

Considering it only costs $50 to enter a team (plus a new pill and $40 for umpires) it's pretty disappointing. Surely even just for a bit of fun and an event that can draw a crowd a few more clubs would give it a go? This is why the 7's died in the arse, nobody wants to have any fun any more!

If my reading of the draw is right, would next weeks fixtures be BRCC V NAPS, Mt. CLEAR v WEND (being the highest ranked loser???)

Waka05;195289 said:
Considering it only costs $50 to enter a team (plus a new pill and $40 for umpires) it's pretty disappointing. Surely even just for a bit of fun and an event that can draw a crowd a few more clubs would give it a go? This is why the 7's died in the arse, nobody wants to have any fun any more!

If my reading of the draw is right, would next weeks fixtures be BRCC V NAPS, Mt. CLEAR v WEND (being the highest ranked loser???)

I think the highest ranked winner plays the highest ranked loser. So it might be Redan V Wendouree and Naps V Mounties. I cant remember how many Mount Clear made but if Redan bowled Lucas out for 79, you would think they would be the highest ranked winner.

the_don88;195298 said:
I think the highest ranked winner plays the highest ranked loser. So it might be Redan V Wendouree and Naps V Mounties. I cant remember how many Mount Clear made but if Redan bowled Lucas out for 79, you would think they would be the highest ranked winner.

nah its on bca website. redan v naps....mt clear v best loser (doesnt state how this is determined)

cobber14;195353 said:
nah its on bca website. redan v naps....mt clear v best loser (doesnt state how this is determined)

by percentage, wickets lost and runs for/against.
so it could be close between wendouree and haddon both lost 10 wickets and made shyt all runs.

Waka05;195289 said:

I imagine that must be wat the draw will be. Surely they wouldnt pit naps and wendouree against each other again...but then again this is ballarat...

was very disappointing. First couple of years drew hundreds of people to the games as players and spectators and was a lot of fun. And those who played the other day would agree that it was good entertaining, laid back, fun cricket. At the end of the day thats wat it should be about.

Perhaps as a future thing, the BCA should advertise the event to the public, get them involved, make a big time out of it. Surely this would make them some money...

Sleeper;195362 said:
I imagine that must be wat the draw will be. Surely they wouldnt pit naps and wendouree against each other again...but then again this is ballarat...

was very disappointing. First couple of years drew hundreds of people to the games as players and spectators and was a lot of fun. And those who played the other day would agree that it was good entertaining, laid back, fun cricket. At the end of the day thats wat it should be about.

Perhaps as a future thing, the BCA should advertise the event to the public, get them involved, make a big time out of it. Surely this would make them some money...

I know some clubs don't have all players available to play after work and therefore its a waste of time putting in a team full of 2's and 3's players and getting flogged. Also I know clubs know this event has been staged for a few years now but once the invitation is sent out to the clubs the BCA only give clubs 2 weeks notice to enter a team which isn't much notice

pidgeon fan;196029 said:
Mate, Ballan aren't in the Ballarat Cricket Association. They are in the Central Highlands competition.

Central Highlands ?????? Last time I checked they were playing Divison 1 in the BCA, Pigeon fly away :)

napisan;195391 said:
I know some clubs don't have all players available to play after work and therefore its a waste of time putting in a team full of 2's and 3's players and getting flogged. Also I know clubs know this event has been staged for a few years now but once the invitation is sent out to the clubs the BCA only give clubs 2 weeks notice to enter a team which isn't much notice

Agreed Napisan, this isn't a quickly slapped together competition on the back of an idea from some big thinking association guru, they know it's coming around well in advance and despite the thoughts of the BCA us cricketers do have lives off the field and find it difficult to jag extra time to play in competitions like this. It's not easy to find a competitive team that are available to get to the ground at 5:30pm on a Tuesday night ready to go.

Surely next year the BCA could open up some lines of communication from all clubs to see why they aren't participating in competitions such as the 20/20 and what could be done to drum up some more interest. It's a fun format to play (especially for hacks like me) and it's entertaining for a crowd. Instead of finding new ways to fine clubs for pedantic and borderline pathetic issues BCA, how about doing something nice for us for a change and maybe making a bit on the side instead?

MATAJABACO;196067 said:
Central Highlands ?????? Last time I checked they were playing Divison 1 in the BCA, Pigeon fly away :)

well thanks least someone has sense...so how are they going

iamthehighway;196840 said:
how'd the second round of 20/20 go?
who's playing in the final?

the final will be naps vs mt clear.

b/redan all out 122 and nap passed 4 down in the last over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back