Bangladesh in Australia

Ljp86

Staff member
Bangladesh in Australia

Game Two is later today, not even ten hours away in fact.

Game One was a total whitewash, Australia thrashed Bangladesh on a slowish pitch. The Aussies scored 8/254 batting first, Bangladesh could only score 74 in reply, their lowest ever ODI total. It was the West Australians who got it done for the Australian team with Shaun Marsh and Michael Hussey scoring the bulk of the runs. Shahadat Hossain took three wickets in the 50th over to be Bangaldesh's best wicket-taker for the game but probably not their best bowler.

Brett Geeves, on debut for Australia, impressed in his first game with two wickets while Cam White cleaned up a clueless Tigers tail. Tamim Iqbal top scored for the Tigers with 21, only two others could make it past ten. Extras cracked the top five scorers with five overall, all were wides.

1st ODI - Australia vs Bangladesh at Mararra Cricket Ground, Darwin

Australia Innings 8/254 (50 overs)

M Hussey 85 (87)
Marsh 76 (105)

Shahadat Hossain 3/42 (6)
Shakib al Hasan 2/46 (10)

Bangladesh Innings a.o. 74 (27.4 overs)

Tamim Iqbal 21 (31)

White 3/5 (1.4)
Johnson 2/10 (6)
Geeves 2/11 (5)

Result: Australia won by 180 runs
Man of the Match: Michael Hussey

Re: Bangladesh in Australia

Game Two isn't that far away. Game One was a complete mismatch, Bangaldesh really weren't up to the challenge against an Australian side missing Matthew Hayden, Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee through injury and perennial delinquent Andrew Symonds.

Australia played the slowish pitch well and 254 was always going to be a pretty decent score but not unchaseable. Mashrafe Mortaza bowled well for Bangladesh as did their star spinner Abdur Razzak, Shakib al Hasan was also good in patches.

Bangladesh's batting though was very poor. Jamie Siddons must be tearing his hair out after the Tigers batting display which he described as playing "silly shots". Tamim Iqbal was the only batter to make it past 20, what's worse is that he scored almost 30% of their total score, which happened to be their worst ODI score ever.

Australia will probably bring in Shane Watson for the second game, that sees makeshift opener James Hopes slip down to number eight. Brett Geeves will miss out if Watson comes into the team. Bangladesh have only made one change. Junaid Suddique comes in to open, replacing Mehrab Hossain Jnr who drops back to number four. That change was forced with Raqibal Hasan out injured.

With injuries and misdemeanours hampering Australia's squad, the Aussies now only have 13 fit players to choose from with Moises Henriques added to the squad after Symonds' axing.

Australia XI (possible): 1 Shane Watson, 2 Shaun Marsh, 3 *Michael Clarke, 4 Michael Hussey, 5 David Hussey, 6 +Brad Haddin, 7 Cameron White, 8 James Hopes, 9 Mitchell Johnson, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Stuart Clark.

Bangladesh XI: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Junaid Siddique, 3 *Mohammad Ashraful, 4 Mehrab Hossain jnr, 5 Shakib al Hasan, 6 Alok Kapali, 7 +Dhiman Ghosh, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Nazmul Hossain, 11 Shahadat Hossain.

Bangladesh batted first and lost Tamim Iqbal first ball of the innings thanks to Nathan Bracken. The Tigers then slipped to 3/15 before Junaid Siddique and Shakib Al Hasan formed a small partnership but that was broken by Mitchell Johnson. More wickets followed and the Tigers were 6/59 and a chance to lower their own record for lowest score in ODI's.

Luckily for them, that didn't happen thanks to a fighting 30 from keeper Dhiman Ghosh. They were eventually bowled out for 117, Johnson took three wickets with Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark and Cameron White getting two wickets. Once again, only three batters made it over ten, Extras was fourth highest score with 18.

Australia cruised to victory in reply. Shane Watson made 29 before falling LBW to Shakib al Hasan. Michael Clarke was then out stumped in al Hasan's next over for one. Meanwhile, Shaun Marsh played pretty well hitting 9 fours and 1 six in his 69 not out. Michael Hussey scored eight not out at the end to bring Australia home.

So, another easy win for Australia, this one by eight wickets. Bangladesh struggled against the Australian bowlers once more. Some silly shots once again crept into the Tigers play and it cost them once more. Australia were pretty clinical with the ball, just too much discipline for the Bangladesh players to handle.

Australia now lead the three match series 2-0 with the final game beginning in Darwin on Saturday.

Man of the Match was Shaun Marsh.

Bangladesh fielding well in the 3rd ODI with 3 runouts, Australia 4/111 now.

*edit* Australia finish on 5/198. Can Bangladesh at least make it to 100?

Caesar;235319 said:
Lee isn't injured, he's on personal leave.

His wife injured his heart. |@

You are right though.

Geez, Bangladesh did well in the field today. They just can't bat though. Tamim Iqbal was good but other than that, they have nothing.

Usually I am all keen to see the Aussies in action but lately for a series like this I couldn't raise an eyebrow in interest. Glad this is over and ready for the Aussie summer to roll around and some better, more even cricket

hello. my name is odysseas. i am a cricket fan ad i live in Greece.since it is quite hard fore me to folow the match programme of the aussie team,which is my favorite team,please coud somebody tell me when the aussies will be giving there next international maych

odysseas;235661 said:
hello. my name is odysseas. i am a cricket fan ad i live in Greece.since it is quite hard fore me to folow the match programme of the aussie team,which is my favorite team,please coud somebody tell me when the aussies will be giving there next international maych

Welcome Odysseas to the best cricket forum

Try going to www.cricket.com.au for all your information about the Aussie cricket team and the Australian domestic scene. Its got all the news you will need @|

odysseas;235661 said:

I suggest popping over to cricinfo and having a look at the current and future tours. It'll give you a break down of who's playing and where.

As noted above, the official Australian site is a good place to start but you'll find more info at cricinfo, especially if you're into stats.

Which is somewhat worrying given that cricket is their national game. The talent is surely there but it's either not getting through or is being badly handled.

They're a young side and I'm sure that given a few more years they will develop into a team that is harder to beat but the progress is being very slow.

I don't have Pay TV so I'd rather see some cricket rather than none at all despite Bangaldesh being well out of their league.

Back