BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Email has gone out to clubs apparently it’s all PlayHq fault

You know what would make releasing a fixture easier?
Possibly having a reserve grade for all the shields….
1’s play @ home
2’s play @ away

But we are still shying away from this because:

“Shield reserve grades don’t work due to the disparity of the standards on a number of clubs second elevens”

I can guarantee that there will still good sides in B grade and there will also be shit sides in B grade this season, it won’t be any different in C and D

This was put up as a rule change this season by Montmorency (2nd by Eltham and Banyule) but was knocked back by the rule changes committee, not allowing the clubs the chance to vote on it.

Could anyone clarify when the Comp started making competition decisions without allowing the clubs to vote on it?

Stop with the common sense, dissapointing to hear that clubs no longer have the ability to vote on such proposals if that was the case.

Email has gone out to clubs apparently it’s all PlayHq fault

You know what would make releasing a fixture easier?
Possibly having a reserve grade for all the shields….
1’s play @ home
2’s play @ away

But we are still shying away from this because:

“Shield reserve grades don’t work due to the disparity of the standards on a number of clubs second elevens”

I can guarantee that there will still good sides in B grade and there will also be shit sides in B grade this season, it won’t be any different in C and D

This was put up as a rule change this season by Montmorency (2nd by Eltham and Banyule) but was knocked back by the rule changes committee, not allowing the clubs the chance to vote on it.

Could anyone clarify when the Comp started making competition decisions without allowing the clubs to vote on it?
This is the post of the year. It’s baffling that we still don’t have the Reserve grade. Would fix so much, and bad luck if your second XI are going to struggle in a better grade. Saves all the hassles we currently have!

If you're talking about blokes that refuse to pay subs and also contribute very little while some within the club may be dissapointed that they've chosen to leave, personally I'd rather have one less team than put up with some of them.
And what about the ones that don’t fall under that category?

Given your first post was 5 months ago stating players were leaving if you pop in Thursday night I'll answer all your questions then. I'll be behind the bar👍
Timeline is irrelevant I hear it I post it if proven wrong then I’m wrong if not then not

Back