BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
I am an old head - but what is the reason given for changing the ball?
What is wrong with staying in whites and red ball?
I’ve seen the ball the juniors use and it isn’t any good after 5 overs and that’s with kids using it.

I am an old head - but what is the reason given for changing the ball?
What is wrong with staying in whites and red ball?
I’ve seen the ball the juniors use and it isn’t any good after 5 overs and that’s with kids using it.
Having coloured clothing and different balls is in finally line with every single competition in Victoria in the shorter form and you'd think the theory behind it is to modernise the look of the local cricket played and cater to the younger generations who are conditioned to seeing so much white ball cricket on TV.

Having coloured clothing and different balls is in finally line with every single competition in Victoria in the shorter form and you'd think the theory behind it is to modernise the look of the local cricket played and cater to the younger generations who are conditioned to seeing so much white ball cricket on TV.
We should be careful not to recruit too many kids who watch white ball "cricket" on TV.
We wouldn't want to drop the comp's average IQ too much.

Am I doing anything wrong trying to watch frogbox from PlayHQ, seems to be absolutely sh*tting itself this season always with a blue screen? The amount they charge clubs it seems like a pretty poor service or is it an an issue with PlayHQ?

Am I doing anything wrong trying to watch frogbox from PlayHQ, seems to be absolutely sh*tting itself this season always with a blue screen? The amount they charge clubs it seems like a pretty poor service or is it an an issue with PlayHQ?
Trying to watch the SV Masterclass, blue screen everywhere

Riverside touched them up. I know it’s one game but think it says more about Heidelberg. I’d be backing the reigning premier in Rosanna before them.

Heidelberg v Epping next 2 weeks will be a good game
Agree wholeheartedly, Heidelberg losing to Riverside, proves they’re not the real deal

Riverside touched them up. I know it’s one game but think it says more about Heidelberg. I’d be backing the reigning premier in Rosanna before them.

Heidelberg v Epping next 2 weeks will be a good game
Agree Rosanna flying under the radar, just as they did last year on their way to a flag.

Something interesting I saw from the Macleods 3rd XI on Saturday..
an absolute hero of an innings against the rampant Under 14 attack of the Riverside 6th XI…
Team mates needing to justify him playing constantly probably says all it needs to about this guy

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 61
Something interesting I saw from the Macleods 3rd XI on Saturday..
an absolute hero of an innings against the rampant Under 14 attack of the Riverside 6th XI…
Team mates needing to justify him playing constantly probably says all it needs to about this guy
Could be helpful in Macleod’s ones or twos… test himself against better attacks then Riverside’s 6th’s, Lower Plenty’s 4’s and Greensborough’s 5th’s… maybe even a thirds attack

Back