BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
I thought it was Search? Either way, happy it’s Diamo staying up
Don't know where they go from here they have a few blokes that have already raised the bat in their lives and aren't getting any younger. Plus, Money Shield is strong these days particularly the top half teams.

They had Macleod on toast Research. Will be a hard one to swallow that loss
Nothing is on toast when defending the boundaries at Research. 175 was a good score after a couple of hiccups early, but 200 plus was needed.

Bowled pretty well but in “my opinion”, should’ve brought the spinner on from start or much earlier than 18th over to take pace off ball for Fisher, who seemed to relish the medium pacers.

Catching Tim Wise after dropping him 4 times in the first encounter was pretty handy as well.

Anyway we survived again but need to get some batting depth and “smarts” into the group!

Nothing is on toast when defending the boundaries at Research. 175 was a good score after a couple of hiccups early, but 200 plus was needed.

Bowled pretty well but in “my opinion”, should’ve brought the spinner on from start or much earlier than 18th over to take pace off ball for Fisher, who seemed to relish the medium pacers.

Catching Tim Wise after dropping him 4 times in the first encounter was pretty handy as well.

Anyway we survived again but need to get some batting depth and “smarts” into the group!
Cmon brutal, the way they celebrated wicket number 9 with Macleod still needing 20 runs with 13 balls remaining, and no recognised batsmen - they had them on toast most certainly . Second time they have scrapped through to win by a wicket.
Anyway, Research survive and Macleod finish second to play against a side they have lost to twice this season ( comfortably) at a ground to be determined as they don't have a home right now.
Riverside the form side right now will be a dangerous opponent as well i wouldnt be ruling them out to win the whole thing. Good finals series coming up

Cmon brutal, the way they celebrated wicket number 9 with Macleod still needing 20 runs with 13 balls remaining, and no recognised batsmen - they had them on toast most certainly . Second time they have scrapped through to win by a wicket.
Anyway, Research survive and Macleod finish second to play against a side they have lost to twice this season ( comfortably) at a ground to be determined as they don't have a home right now.
Riverside the form side right now will be a dangerous opponent as well i wouldnt be ruling them out to win the whole thing. Good finals series coming up
What does at a ground to be determined yet mean? It’s quite obvious you are affiliated with Macleod so why wouldn’t you be playing at the college?

What does at a ground to be determined yet mean? It’s quite obvious you are affiliated with Macleod so why wouldn’t you be playing at the college?
I'm not affiliated with any club just a keen observer of local cricket. My club is no longer.
Ironically, the top 2 sides don't get any real home advantage this year. That was probably more the point I was trying to make

Rosebank were 2 for 88 at 21 overs , then proceeded to make 53 runs in the next 19 overs. Who makes these decisions ? Surely runs helps the %% as well

I reckon 6 points in either of the last two games would’ve helped more than the percentage.

Strange tactics from a club that likes to let everyone know they are winners.

Should be an exciting off season. I’d imagine they won’t be inactive in their list build.

Heidelberg v Riverside
Macleod v Epping
Who are we tipping?

Hberg & Epping for me but it’s going to be a lot closer in both games then first thought about a month ago

Heidelberg v Riverside
Macleod v Epping
Who are we tipping?

Hberg & Epping for me but it’s going to be a lot closer in both games then first thought about a month ago
I'm leaning towards Epping v Riverside but wouldn't shock me if Epping got rolled for 100 either such is their form

Who are the key players for the teams still going.
Can’t think of anyone more important than Tim Wise for Macleod.
Has single handedly gotten his team into 2nd place finish on the ladder with one of the great seasons in recent memory.

Who are the key players for the teams still going.
Can’t think of anyone more important than Tim Wise for Macleod.
Has single handedly gotten his team into 2nd place finish on the ladder with one of the great seasons in recent memory.
Macleod - Tim Wise obviously for the above reason he is having an amazing season, Fisher

Riverside - Villani, Money

Heidelberg - Smith, Renwick

Epping - Henkel, Emmins

Riverside are the form team of the comp at the moment hard to see them slowing down.

NEW will be spewing they fumbled the bag for that 4th spot.

Back