BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Macleod - Tim Wise obviously for the above reason he is having an amazing season, Fisher

Riverside - Villani, Money

Heidelberg - Smith, Renwick

Epping - Henkel, Emmins

Riverside are the form team of the comp at the moment hard to see them slowing down.

NEW will be spewing they fumbled the bag for that 4th spot.
Heidelberg - i would add fotinopoulos he basically ties down one end
Macleod - if Johnson plays and can bat for more than 20 overs, then it could get ugly. It's a big if but
Epping - henkle to return stiffens up their batting
Riverside - villani brothers I think are the key

Jekyll and Hyde. They have knocked over Macleod twice this year and comfortably. They would fancy their chances this weekend I'd imagine
I agree would and should fancy their chances but some doubt has to set in rolled for 79 and then being held to 7/118. licovski and Henkle are big ins as they were sorely missed on Saturday

Who are the key players for the teams still going.
Can’t think of anyone more important than Tim Wise for Macleod.
Has single handedly gotten his team into 2nd place finish on the ladder with one of the great seasons in recent memory.
Berg - Ridewood, Renwick and Smith
Macleod - Tim, Ritchy
Epping - Henkel, Emmins, Gardiner
Riverside - S.Villani, Chrimes, S.Money

Has anyone heard that some clubs from our shipwreck neighbours (nmca) will be joining the DVCA. Hope its only rumours?
Would take on board Rivergum to join Mash shield as per every side that has joined before.
All other sides over there can scrap into a 4th division of 10 teams total, and whatever is remaining tuff titties.
I believe that if it does spill, that Holy Trinity might look at joining another comp ( does eastern churches still exist )
Sorry if anyone over at Jika would be offended, but there are no magic handouts on offer if it occurs

Would take on board Rivergum to join Mash shield as per every side that has joined before.
All other sides over there can scrap into a 4th division of 10 teams total, and whatever is remaining tuff titties.
I believe that if it does spill, that Holy Trinity might look at joining another comp ( does eastern churches still exist )
Sorry if anyone over at Jika would be offended, but there are no magic handouts on offer if it occurs
I hope you’re right. Not much on offer from that competition. I’m told that if nmca spills, up to 10 clubs will fold.

Can’t imagine the pathetic standard of a 4th grade. Mash is already scraping the bottom of the barrel…

I agree would and should fancy their chances but some doubt has to set in rolled for 79 and then being held to 7/118. licovski and Henkle are big ins as they were sorely missed on Saturday
Henkel absolutely, but Licovski definitely not, he is averaging 6.75 in Barclay Shield cricket this season

Do the diamond valley have a heat off rule? if so what degree is the rule set at
Go off at 36 degrees measured from Viewbank.
Can't go back on until directed by DVCA once temperature drops below.
Not sure how the overs work maybe brutal knows but I think side batting first can bat their 80 overs or when they lose all 10 wickets whichever falls first , then side batting second bats 80 overs MINUS overs lost to heat.
Maybe someone who plays can let people know otherwise as I could be wrong ( but it's what I've observed over the years)

Back