BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Interesting, if pub rumours are true of Chrimes going back to Eltham that leaves a massive hole in their batting line up
Crimes was doing it easy against Renwick and Fotinopolous- gave his wicket away to a loose shot but him and Pote were on their way . Villani dropped very early in the cordon as well thought they were going to get the runs until they kept playing bad shots and losing too many wickets. Heidelberg bowling pretty discipline otherwise.

Crimes was doing it easy against Renwick and Fotinopolous- gave his wicket away to a loose shot but him and Pote were on their way . Villani dropped very early in the cordon as well thought they were going to get the runs until they kept playing bad shots and losing too many wickets. Heidelberg bowling pretty discipline otherwise.
Only got themselves to blame then. both teams chasing got off to good start but pressure got to much it seems. Thats finals

BurnerBoys grand final preview.

After a few complaints by a select few, saying that BB is biased and now doesn’t care because his side is not in March action, well I will have a deep dive into this cracking Barclay shield grand final.
HEIDELBERG VS MACLEOD
Look I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t expecting this to be the grand final, but now that it’s here I don’t think there are two more deserving sides than these two.

Heidelberg have been the best side in the comp all year, they’ve finally got their batting up to scratch and it is paying off ten fold. The likes of, Smith and Biggs have really stood up for them and have put them on their back. For a team that is usually bowler centric the batting has been what’s gotten them this deep. Renwick and Gogerly have been the bowlers who have troubled opposition the most and will play a huge part in their final push.

Macleod on the other hand, in my opinion have flown a little under the radar. With so much focus on Epping, they’ve just been ticking along banking wins. So once the Epping trainwreck began, it was no surprise it was the Eagles who dealt them the final blow. Make no mistake, and I’ll state the obvious here. There is one man who can get this done, and that’s Tim Wise; he is the best player in the comp and has been for the past 2-3 seasons. With his old friend Richard Johnson with him, they can be a formidable duo together.

My prediction:

Despite Macleod having the star power that they have, I feel they just don’t have the lower end depth that Heidelberg have.
Heidelberg Win

Best on Ground: Adam Renwick 6 wickets

Hope you’re happy S Savage RN

BurnerBoys grand final preview.

After a few complaints by a select few, saying that BB is biased and now doesn’t care because his side is not in March action, well I will have a deep dive into this cracking Barclay shield grand final.
HEIDELBERG VS MACLEOD
Look I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t expecting this to be the grand final, but now that it’s here I don’t think there are two more deserving sides than these two.

Heidelberg have been the best side in the comp all year, they’ve finally got their batting up to scratch and it is paying off ten fold. The likes of, Smith and Biggs have really stood up for them and have put them on their back. For a team that is usually bowler centric the batting has been what’s gotten them this deep. Renwick and Gogerly have been the bowlers who have troubled opposition the most and will play a huge part in their final push.

Macleod on the other hand, in my opinion have flown a little under the radar. With so much focus on Epping, they’ve just been ticking along banking wins. So once the Epping trainwreck began, it was no surprise it was the Eagles who dealt them the final blow. Make no mistake, and I’ll state the obvious here. There is one man who can get this done, and that’s Tim Wise; he is the best player in the comp and has been for the past 2-3 seasons. With his old friend Richard Johnson with him, they can be a formidable duo together.

My prediction:

Despite Macleod having the star power that they have, I feel they just don’t have the lower end depth that Heidelberg have.
Heidelberg Win

Best on Ground: Adam Renwick 6 wickets

Hope you’re happy S Savage RN
Good write up.
Interesting that Johnson batted at 9, faced 6 balls for 20 runs then got caught on the 7th. Looks like he is just going to chance his hand at quick runs which means he will offer some chances .
Heidelberg bowlers might be a bit too smart for that.

What an incredible day this looked to have been!
Full of momentum swings throughout the day and just absolute quality bowling from Rob Wise.
Heidelberg's lesser known players standing up and Matt Ross showing quality 2 day batting to dig in.
In hindsight I should have gone to this game over the Money Shield game!
Will be down for the first ball this week in what is sure to be a finish for the ages!

What an incredible day this looked to have been!
Full of momentum swings throughout the day and just absolute quality bowling from Rob Wise.
Heidelberg's lesser known players standing up and Matt Ross showing quality 2 day batting to dig in.
In hindsight I should have gone to this game over the Money Shield game!
Will be down for the first ball this week in what is sure to be a finish for the ages!
Annoying that PlayHQ doesn't have the fall of wickets, but I'm pretty sure Heidelberg were around 6-120 again, same as they were in the Semi, and managed to get to 200. Finals are won from your unlikely players standing up in the pressure moments, as I left to watch the Scotty Barnett show I was certain Macleod would be batting in the final 20 overs and have the game sown up.

Annoying that PlayHQ doesn't have the fall of wickets, but I'm pretty sure Heidelberg were around 6-120 again, same as they were in the Semi, and managed to get to 200. Finals are won from your unlikely players standing up in the pressure moments, as I left to watch the Scotty Barnett show I was certain Macleod would be batting in the final 20 overs and have the game IMG_3194.png sown up.

Annoying that PlayHQ doesn't have the fall of wickets, but I'm pretty sure Heidelberg were around 6-120 again, same as they were in the Semi, and managed to get to 200. Finals are won from your unlikely players standing up in the pressure moments, as I left to watch the Scotty Barnett show I was certain Macleod would be batting in the final 20 overs and have the game sown up.
I watched until tea and thought the same thing. Big effort to get to 200 from there. Few soft outs after a good start at 0/50, Ross showed his value to that team. They might have left a few out there but 200 in a GF is still 200. Gonna be an interesting watch, Mac have the players that have done it before this time of year. Tipping runs on the board to be the difference

I watched until tea and thought the same thing. Big effort to get to 200 from there. Few soft outs after a good start at 0/50, Ross showed his value to that team. They might have left a few out there but 200 in a GF is still 200. Gonna be an interesting watch, Mac have the players that have done it before this time of year. Tipping runs on the board to be the difference
I too left at tea, to go watch the Barnett show. Spewing I did though, what a fight back. Will be there parked up next to the cricket nets this Saturday, come over and have a chat.

What are our thoughts with Macleods batting can they get the job done? My opinion Heidelbergs bowling to good going to be a hard day chasing 200 for Macleod

Good win by Macleod.
Best side won on the day.
Nice way to win the match with a big 6 over square leg
Heidelberg would be gutted but can never leave out Macleod as long as T Wise is there. He's a gun

Last edited:
Great idea, however the Epping boys must’ve missed the memo last week at the B Grade grand final, as they set up their own bar on the hill at North Eltham and drank their own beers.
They probably have gotten the memo about winning grand finals and got it done and dusted 🥇

Back