BARCLAY SHIELD 2023/24

Who will win Barclay Shield this season?

• Total voters
Macleod were very professional & deserving winners. A few of the Macleod boys weren’t too happy with a couple of lbw’s given. The umpire in question seems to have a trigger finger. T Wise best player in the comp by the length of Flemington straight.
Big Fot was having a decent crack & trying to rev up his club.
Good viewing.

Macleod were very professional & deserving winners. A few of the Macleod boys weren’t too happy with a couple of lbw’s given. The umpire in question seems to have a trigger finger. T Wise best player in the comp by the length of Flemington straight.
Big Fot was having a decent crack & trying to rev up his club.
Good viewing.
You said Thompson was best player in comp in Money thread. I assume you meant best player in Money Shield.
The first LBW - when you hear two noises from the boundary, it generally means bat involved so it seemed the ump was sucked in by a great appeal.
Also, heidelberg excitement at getting T Wise out was nothing I have never seen before. The support arrived with Dawson and Fisher playing good knocks. I believe Dawson is only 18 so good to see some junior talent on show.

You said Thompson was best player in comp in Money thread. I assume you meant best player in Money Shield.
The first LBW - when you hear two noises from the boundary, it generally means bat involved so it seemed the ump was sucked in by a great appeal.
Also, heidelberg excitement at getting T Wise out was nothing I have never seen before. The support arrived with Dawson and Fisher playing good knocks. I believe Dawson is only 18 so good to see some junior talent on show.
Yep,to clarify I meant money shield for JT

What a tremendous day and a tremendous atmosphere.
Tim Wise was something else this year.
Macleod looked lost once he went out just after lunch but Rob Wise stepped up and hung around and nudged them.
Tremendous season by both clubs.

Their own bar 😂
Every clubs supporters do it, what’re ya gonna do 🤷‍♂️
Don't lug 'every' club in to this argument....it's poor form and shows a lack of respect for that club trying to make some coin. It's not like the prices at clubs are high. Agree, nothing can be done about it, but it's still a shit look.

What a game we got to witness. It had it all. Unbelievable batting display from T.Wise. Heidelberg bowlers did all they could but the cream rose to the top. Grand final that had it all. Eltham unmatched for the viewing and bar facilities.

Burner boy hearing mass exodus at Heidelberg CC. Guess they couldn’t handle losing another grand final
Strange if true.
All 11 blokes have pulled their weight throughout the year and from the outside looks like they all gel together really well.
Since coming up to Barclay they’ve been up there with the best.

The pingers were also rumoured to have a mass exodus last season, is this just another end of season ruffling of the feathers

Strange if true.
All 11 blokes have pulled their weight throughout the year and from the outside looks like they all gel together really well.
Since coming up to Barclay they’ve been up there with the best.

The pingers were also rumoured to have a mass exodus last season, is this just another end of season ruffling of the feathers
I was under the impression that all their players were home grown apart from Matt Ross

Back