Batting Drills

Re: Batting Drills

I'll use the Bradman all week running up to the net session as practice just getting the bat on the ball etc. In fact I noticed and grasped the idea that it's essential that you keep an eye on the ball all the way to the bat tonight using it. I've also noticed that if you delay the point at which you hit the ball e.g. hit it slightly later it has a tendency to stay lower or go along the ground.

What I'll do then is take a measured approach and only try and hit the balls that are wide of the stumps and play drives and defensive strokes at anything that looks as though it's threatening the stumps. What do you reckon about playing my mates Leg Breaks, he pitches them outside the off stump and they then spin away towards the slips - should I just leave these?

I'm guessing you've not got a cut stroke for when he drops it short, so I'd advise you to leave the ball. If it's wide of off-stump, just let it go.

I've found that the key to my batting is just keeping my eye on the ball and keeping my head down. If I play straight for my first few deliveries and get my eye in, I've got the shots to make runs. I've actually been doing a 'drill' of such in my garden. Tennis ball and a wall, just stand about 10 yards back, throw the ball against the wall and play the ball on merit. It's helped me to pick up length very quickly, and my play against quicker bowling has definitely improved ten fold, it's just against spinners that I struggle. I've only really got 2 shots against them, the sweep and I can play the reverse sweep as well, so it's either those 2 shots, or I block.

One of my best Batting Drill is to go out and buy a ball with a rope connected, Get a good bat and keep blocking, trying new swings and giving a few whacks. When I was a kid they used to sell them at Kmart and they are quite easily to a tree, post etc.

Try batting all day long it's good for developing new skills and will defiantly improve your batting. But remember get a good technique from a great cricketer with skill, also there will be some good technique on youtube and make sure you take interest and listen to what ever they have to say.

Good luck with that.

Cheers for that, we do get coached as well for 20 - 30 minutes at our nets sessions and they come up with some good stuff there and I do look at youtube and stuff for advice.

someblokecalleddave;345624 said:
What do you reckon about playing my mates Leg Breaks, he pitches them outside the off stump and they then spin away towards the slips - should I just leave these?
I would suggest u leave them if they are pitched at the good length area; if it is then attempt the cut shot...i have mostly done three things: leave the ball,attempt the back foot cover drive or angle the bat towards backward point...but depending upon the line and length of the leg spin/left arm spin...Since u have started to bat more seroiusly...i would advise that u play the ball on it's merits...

Virender

Back