Batting problem

bboy0001

Batting problem

Hi guys. i play U15s and i consider my self a decent batsman i open the batting and we have played 4 games i have retired twice and goten bowled twice the exact same way, a full toss from a spinner and trying to play a pull shot on leg side, any ideas?

Re: Batting problem

I would think you're trying to hit the ball too hard and are miss-timing it. I know it's hard, but maybe try just guiding it instead of going the tonk.

Try stepping towards the ball, plant your front foot down and then play the pull shot, sounds like you might be stepping back or away from the ball. By having a forward movement you'll have better balance and get better timing.

Yeah im trying to step back and pull it not trying to smash it but just time it well, i have a really good bat so if i middle it it should go for 4.

how high are you pulling because if the ball is lower u might consider a sweep and if it is at ur thigh u could play a back foot drive

If you are getting bowled by a full toss you might want to rethink trying to pull it. Unless it is a loopy full toss that passes you much higher than when it gets to the stumps I would suggest driving it. Much lower risk.

High hands, straight bat, hit it through the V for four. Boom boom.

if the full toss is on the stumps, just block it, if its well outside leg, leave for a wide, and if its outside off, cover drive the stuffing out of it, you will still get your desired result of not getting out, save the pull for the half tracker.

Back