Batting Video Analysis

maverick

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted here, got busy with other stuff in life, but time to get back to cricket after having a season off. I am working on my batting, but it seems like i am not able to generate power at all through my shots. I am doing many things wrong. I am posting a video of my recent nets session. Pardon the shaky video, but I would really appreciate any feedback so that I can maximize scoring (not a big hitter, more of a singles kind of players, but i do like to punish bad balls)

Thanks in advance.

Main thing is your weight. You need to get it through the shot. A lot of time you're making contact with you weight on the back foot and going backwards. This is the reason that the ball keeps going through point/gully rather than through mid-off where it should be. Really bend that front knee as you hit the shot. Try and make sure you can pick your back foot up and balance on the front foot after each shot.

Or more simply, the reason the ball is going to point is because of too much bottom hand (check grip as well). You're punching at the ball causing the bat to go out to in. You're also open up a little to much when trying to play the off drive, finishing in a position more suited to a straight drive. Keep the leading shoulder in a more closed off position; pointing where you want the ball to go.

Better contact with the front foot would also help as would getting the head further over the knee.

Thank you very much SLA nd sage. Any drills to improve middling, or generating power? The grounds are very slow here up north, so a well executed cover drive will get you a single most of the time.

Power generation comes from the back swing. Ensure you retain the height and fully hit through the ball. Hinging your wrists at the top of the back swing will also help. Other than that, it's gym time I'm afraid.

To help with timing put the machine on around 37/38mph and have it bounce around a third of the way down. The ball should come to you either as a long hop or on the double bounce (play around with the speed/pitch). This will help will timing as the ball will be there to hit but very slow coming on to you.

if you want my honest opinion, your not following through with the shot fully, and your weight is to much on the back, you need to dedicate to the shot, also your always looking for the drive, before the ball been shot out your on the front foot, alot of them balls in my opinion should have been left, or back foot defended, in saying that there was alot of good drive it that. youneed to get the front leg further out for the drive, your batting is good from the looks of this video, but theres always room to improve, i had the same problem, tought myself to fix it and its much better now, also most them balls were in the same area. would have been to see a variety of shot.

Back