Batting Vs. Leg Spin

With the batting side of things... just be careful when you are giving yourself room to hit with the spin off the back foot. Make sure when you do this you are still playing the shot from a solid base... and not falling away as you are hitting the ball, you lose control and power if your body is still moving towards the legside.

With the batting side of things... just be careful when you are giving yourself room to hit with the spin off the back foot. Make sure when you do this you are still playing the shot from a solid base... and not falling away as you are hitting the ball, you lose control and power if your body is still moving towards the legside.

Thanks Andrew. I will work on that, maybe there wasn't enough room to play those balls on the off and maybe I was better off if I had punched them down to the on side instead.

Yeah, being cramped can definitely have an effect... but taking a closer look at the first shot you played... you look to get forward as an initial movement (great tactic btw... as a spinner there is nothing more frustrating than a guy who keeps getting to you on the full/half volley) but when you play the back foot drive... your back foot doesn't actually move... which may be the reason behind the loss of balance/falling away in that particular shot. Nothing major... just a small observation :)

Yeah, being cramped can definitely have an effect... but taking a closer look at the first shot you played... you look to get forward as an initial movement (great tactic btw... as a spinner there is nothing more frustrating than a guy who keeps getting to you on the full/half volley) but when you play the back foot drive... your back foot doesn't actually move... which may be the reason behind the loss of balance/falling away in that particular shot. Nothing major... just a small observation :)

Went back and looked at the video. Compared it with
And I see the main reason I am out of balance is not the backfoot (it is in the right place), but that the front foot is not going across to cover the line. Instead, the front foot (my left) remains in the original starting position, which opens up my body and causes me to go off-balance.

Back