Being inventive

mas cambios

Being inventive

Bit of a weird one this but it may prove useful. Basically, post up any everyday objects that you've managed to use for fielding practice!

I've noticed that the ball launcher that I sometimes use to throw tennis ball long distance for the dog to chase will take a cricket ball, and is really good at giving high catches. It can also be used to whip a cricket ball along the ground and or give decent slip catching practice.

So you know what I'm on about, it looks like this:

chuck1.jpg

Anyone got any others?

Re: Being inventive

nt sure reeli...we used to sumtimes when we were struggling to take high catches in matches ( or if we couldn't find enough decent balls) get a old bat nd bang golf balls as high as we could and have to catch them....their tiny so u need pik them up early in the sky nd as there small they hit things with more pressure i.e they hurt alot more den corkys...dats it reeli were a bit boring at our club

Oh wow, I never thought of that in a cricket sense, yes, that would be great, do you know if it works with the weight of a cricket ball?

If you're asking about the dog thing, then the one I have works but it's a fairly robust one. I can get some decent height on the ball and its something that you can do by yourself.

Failing that you can always use a tennis ball, as that helps you to learn to go with soft hands and cushion the ball so it's less likely to pop out.

Another old one is using a tennis racket to practice high catches - cricket balls really ping off the strings and go very high.

Used to use the old tennis racquet quite a lot, but for some reason it's died a death over the past few years. May have to dig it out again.

Back