Best County Ground

Timed Out

Best County Ground

What do you think the best county grounds are? Which seats are most comfortable? Who sells the best food? Which is the best angle?

Discuss it all here. 8)

Re: Best County Ground

I've always liked the county ground at Worcestershire as it is one of, if not the most, picturesque grounds out there. Shame its so liable to flooding.

I like Kents ground but for facilities Lords tops the bill

Went there for the FP Trophy final. Its awesome

The Media Centre is something to behold up close

I have only been to four county grounds:

Headingley, Leeds (to see Yorkshire vs Scotland)
Lord's, London (for a stadium tour)
Trent Bridge, Nottingham (to see the 2nd Test between England and India)
Old Trafford, Manchester (to have a look around)

I would say Trent Bridge is the best one I have been to, as the acoustics are fantastic but it is still very vast, making the crowd seem louder and therefore larger, creating an excellent atmosphere, and there are an awful lot of good viewing seats there.

Bear has it right, Kent is best, forget Lords for domestic its always empty. Canterbury is where its at, we have a fantastic following, far better than most clubs and dispite its shabby looks its a great ground, I'm looking forward to seeing it revamped now the ground improvements have been given the go ahead.

Well the Rose Bowl may technically be the best ground (If you followed an A-B-C of how to build a new ground, it fits that model the best) but it lacks sole, you also feel very exposed to the elements there, it just doesnt have the comfy olde english village cricket feel you get at some grounds.

Worcestershire is my first choice and then closely followed by Kent. But I have to agree that the how comfortable you are depends on you and where you want to go.

Back