Best sight in cricket

phil2oo8

Best sight in cricket

Hi i don't think i've seen this page yet, but what do people see as the best sight in cricket?
Maybe: off-stump cart wheeling, imran khans high jump delivery stride , a michael vaughen perfect cover drive or a leg spinner that pitches da ball out side off stick nd takes leg with the perfect googly, a jonty rhodes stunner ov a a catch?

Mine is of a ball during the ashes...flintoff to katich....reverse swung a mile and took top of off....sums up Englands overall performance!

Please comment as I believe this will be quite fun to see different peoples ( batsmen, bowlers, fielders, coaches) views on this.

Re: Best sight in cricket

Simon jones against Clarke in the 05 ashes plus the Flintoff over from that series.That over was sheer class.And of course the opening morning of that series where England blitzed the Aussies, Harmison summing it up by hitting Ponting on the cheek.

i've just realised alot of english members will comment on the ashes :) well we deserve to have a boast...we never get a chance in any other sport

phil2oo8 said:
i've just realised alot of english members will comment on the ashes :) well we deserve to have a boast...we never get a chance in any other sport

Haha it's our best moment over the past years!.Also loved the Glenn McGrath spell in the first ahses test in 2005, awesome spell of bowling.

i also liked giles ball aswell to martyn, (turned :eek: , hit top of off.) 4 2reasons:
1) an aussie finally looked like a ******** to a spinner!
2) in his 150 yrs playin cricket ASHLEY GILES!!!! finally got one to turn :eek:

My favourite memory of the ashes 2005 (and one of the best sights in cricket) would have to be that Simon Jones ball to Clarke when he left it. Pure class, especially with the way he set him up for it. Makes you wonder how England would've done if he'd not been injured over the last few years...

Vaughan's cover drive is a classic and Tendulkar or Pietersen in full flow are some of the best sights in batting, while I would say Flintoff or Lee at their best is some of the most enjoyable viewing from a bowling point of view. There are literally hundreds of individual efforts that would be worth mentioning, so I won't even go there - just say that cricket is a sport full of great sights :p

I think the best sight for me is the middle stump going for a walk or a perfectly timed cover drive. Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly both hit very good cover drives. Its very pleasing to watch.

- 'That' ball from Simon Jones to Michael Clarke. What a delivery, Clarke looked uneasy against reverse throughout the series, and was completely decieved by a cracker from Jones.
- Kevin Pietersen at his flamboyant, aggressive, dominating best. He's the player i most admire in world cricket and at his best he's amazing.
- A Michael Vaughan cover drive. Played perfectly.
- A Shoaib Akhtar/Brett Lee/Shaun Tait Yorker sending the off-stump flying out of the ground. Tait's ball to Geraint Jones was a perfect example of this.

Have to agree with the post saying that a middle stump (or any stump) being uprooted and cartwheeling away is a great sight.

shit i forgot....i was on youtube just...collingwoods catch of hayden at backward point :cry still brings a tear 2 me eye :p

Yeah, I agree with the stumps flying thing as well. If I'm actually playing in a game, any stumps (apart from mine :p) flying around is good. It's best if you're bowling tho!!

best sight i have ever seen (in my own career) is when i took my best figures 3/3...

i clean bowled (dnt ask how) all 3 stumps outa the ground...
best sight ever.

also a four is always good

Jelly Beanz said:
Yeah, I agree with the stumps flying thing as well. If I'm actually playing in a game, any stumps (apart from mine :p) flying around is good. It's best if you're bowling tho!!

I think there is just something very powerful about the image, maybe that it signals the end of a duel or just the fact that it looks damn impressive.

Do ppl prefer rapid inswing yorkers or vicious body bouncer's wen watchin cricket?

I've always loved 2 c akhtar bwling his bouncers nd cin the batsmen out of it on the deck

Personally, I like a mixture. Shows the bowler has a bit of talent and a brain that is thinking about the game and what is going on.

Mixtures are the best, but if I had to pick one it would be the yorker. I don't really know why, I guess it suggests precision with power, not just all out aggression. For me, that's better to watch, but the likes of Brett Lee mixing the two up is really impressive to watch.

Warne bowling KP around his legs in the last ashes (you guys know the ashes I'm talking about right, 5-nil and all that) :laugh:

Also a couple of years back in a state one day final. Shaun Tait bowled one of the most hostile spells of express pace I've ever seen . SA were dismissed for a double figure score and he decided to take it apon himself to try and win the match anyway. Whilst they didn't come close to winning, the look of terror in the eyes of the opening batsman in the first over before Tait finaly found his target with one of his in-swinging yorkers was everything that makes fast bowling great.

yuvraj hitting six sixes in the twenty20 world cup....that was fantastic and also pathan taking hattrick on the first 3 balls against pakistan....i cant understand how we still lost the match..

Almost_Austwick said:
I'm surprised no-one has said their first ever streaker! :D :eek:

Sorry, I thought this was the "Best sight in cricket" thread :D

Why is it that you never get a streaker worth looking at? Too many wobbly bits... and that's guys from the waist up :eek:

Back