Bleep Test Fitness Levels!

Stumped

Been a while since ive been on the forum.

After reading Jimmy Anderson tweeting about doing a bleep test i wondered what standard they have to get up to?

I had to do one the other day for a police medical and they only require a level 5.4!

Hey Liz,

Hows tricks? long time no speak.....

You can answer me a question actually, for my medical i had a blood pressure test. they said it was high, and from the reading i agree it was something over 98 and she said ideally has to be under 90! any ideas on getting it down. I think a lot of to was nerves as well.

As for the fitness test i went to 7 just for my own benefit as most dropped out half dead at 5.4 :)

Ah! 7 is not bad... have you moved to Swindon by any chance?

I wouldn't worry too much about the blood pressure. Do you know what the systolic (top) measure was?

i could have gone more on the Bleep test but didn't see the point as i still had to do the Push pull exercises lol

I have moved to Wiltshire! you stalking me?

can't remember what my actual reading was it was either 130/98 or 150/98 i can't remember, although i appreciate the difference maybe immense!

Yep little town outside Corsham, blink and you may miss it!

I can't remember what the rate was so no point speculating. I'm booked in for a Drugs and Alcohol test on saturday and to have a retest on the BP on Monday!

I never realised you were that local to me before, my mum lives in Essex and i used to be in Hertford!

White coat syndrome is very common.

When you have your next test, make sure you are relaxed. Do not worry about the result... this often raises the pressure! Think of something nice when the band contracts and breathe out slowly as the band releases. Feel at peace!

Let me know the results, either here or send me a message on LI and we will go from there. With a 7/8 on the bleep test I doubt it is fitness... unless you had your bp taken straight afterwards! ;)

I'm hoping it was just White coat, as i knew i had to do my fitness test straight after! at least on monday i won't have that pressure!

I will let you know what happens! now where did i put that Asprin :rolleyes:

:D Worse!

You do not want to mask any issues; if you have any they need to be discovered. If it is WCS, you should be fine next time... if you are more relaxed.

I guess you also do not want stomach ulcers either! :confused:

There are many reasons for high blood pressure. Your reading is not too worrying though.

Asprin works by thinning the blood so if your arteries are a little clogged, the blood will pass through a little easier. However, the long term effects are not good and need to be considered... do the benefits outweigh the effects. I would never take asprin [or any other drug] unless prescribed by the doctor, who would have made this judgement.

You are quite fit and are not overweight so I would like more investigation if your bp remains high.

In the meantime, you may be a little dehydrated... it will not hurt to take on board a little extra water. Make sure you are drinking about 6 -8 glasses a day. This will not only help make the blood more fluid but will also help feed the muscles and joints!

There are many reasons for high blood pressure. Your reading is not too worrying though.

Asprin works by thinning the blood so if your arteries are a little clogged, the blood will pass through a little easier. However, the long term effects are not good and need to be considered... do the benefits outweigh the effects. I would never take asprin [or any other drug] unless prescribed by the doctor, who would have made this judgement.

You are quite fit and are not overweight so I would like more investigation if your bp remains high.

In the meantime, you may be a little dehydrated... it will not hurt to take on board a little extra water. Make sure you are drinking about 6 -8 glasses a day. This will not only help make the blood more fluid but will also help feed the muscles and joints!

Someone mention Muscles and joints? Water helps with that as well?

Ok i'll crack on with the water over the next few days!

Dave, i believe its that mysterious stuff from the Tap!

Tap?

In Dave's bit of Essex it comes in bottles... village pump here up north! :D

We have many bodily fluids that benefit from more water Dave; in joints it's synovial. Then there is the lymph, which is about 30% of the 50% of the water of our bodyweight, blood plasma, interstitial and cerebral spinal fluid. The interstitial fluid in our tissues [which include muscles] keep the muscles working well. More water gets the nutrients and oxygen around the body more efficiently and quickly... this includes the brain.

Think about getting custard down a straw Stumped... I'm sure you do often! The more water you add, the easier it gets. However, too much water and the custard is tasteless... too much water in the fluid dilutes the minerals and can be worse than too little!

Tap?

In Dave's bit of Essex it comes in bottles... village pump here up north! :D

We have many bodily fluids that benefit from more water Dave; in joints it's synovial. Then there is the lymph, which is about 30% of the 50% of the water of our bodyweight, blood plasma, interstitial and cerebral spinal fluid. The interstitial fluid in our tissues [which include muscles] keep the muscles working well. More water gets the nutrients and oxygen around the body more efficiently and quickly... this includes the brain.

That'll help with my East West sun-rise conundrum!:confused:

Back