Bowl out for tied games - Good or Bad?

Bowl outs - Good or Bad idea?

• Total voters

mas cambios

Bowl out for tied games - Good or Bad?

Having just seen the bowl out between India and Pakistan, what do you think of them?

Good or bad? Personally, I think it's a good idea as at least you get a definitive result one way or the other. Also, if you play international cricket you should be able to hit the stumps at will, so this will certainly show up a few players!

Re: Bowl out for tied games - Good or Bad?

I'm not sure about it really. It can leave a bit of a sour feeling after witnessing a really exciting match. It's fine for Twenty20's but I wouldn't want it in ODI's or Tests

LOL! Id love it in test matches! 5 days well faught only for it to end on some players hitting the stumps with no batsman.

It is alright. Though I like the tie because it gives more suspense and it goes down as a really classic game.

Its OK in 20/20s but just leave it there. It reminds me of Football to much. :embarrassed:

Well I think it's a good idea because it provides results for us and also make game more tense and interesting as we enjoyed in Football matches. I am sure it makes Cricket more popular.

i like it for twenty20 matches because you get a result, but i wouldnt wanna see it happen in odi matches.

Niether would I, i think the fun of 50 over games is that if its heading for a tight finish, then a draw can sometimes be the most exciting :p and most rewarding.

I like the concept of a bowl out, but only for 20/20 games!

A bowl out is a good idea for Twenty20's. Makes you really tense and nervous as the bowler is running in!

Hooper said:
Its OK in 20/20s but just leave it there. It reminds me of Football to much. :embarrassed:

You called it football. I'd kiss you if I could.

I'm not a fan of bowl outs because it's just too easy and unlike penalty shoot-outs, it's not a direct battle between the two sides. i'm not a fan of it.

Bowl outs are nuts, good excitiment for when I'm with the ladies. The more excited they get the more I get, get my drift.

Seriously, what is wrong with a bit of tension, works for football will work for cricket.

As Hooper said, Cricket is Cricket and Football is Football. We shudnt have bowl outs. They are really bad. I mean like why do u want Football rules in Cricket? Comeon guys! Its better if u just give away a point to each team rather than spoil the fun of the game by having a bowl out.

And as for the bowl out in Twenty20...20/20 is a game for batsmen and not bowlers.

not really a fan of the bowl out. its stupid to say the least. in football theres a goalkeeper to save the goal but here you bowl at unprotected stumps. whats the bloody point. why cant a tie stay a tie. they arent that frequent in cricket as in football that you need a tie breaker.

Back