Brighton Grammar Captain

mummy

Brighton Grammar Captain

It's not often i go to write about someone in the APS and dont know their name but, in this case i have no reason to be aware of the Brighton Grammars Captains name as he is clearly a second rate captain. He can only play legside shots and still has a very limited range of strokes through there anyway. he was hit for 4 sixes in a row by shaw kitchen going for 29 off the over. He also dropped Shaw Kitchen on 71 (absoloute sitter) who went on to make 110 more runs. Possibly the worst APS captain ever... Is his dad the coach?

Now lets have a look at Singh, the guy can bat and he's a good bowler. He can also attempt to cheat when a small shower comes through slightly wetting the pitch, in a disgraceful display of sportsmanship we saw Williams from Brighton Purposely take a Dive in his bowling stride in an attempt to have the game called off with Geelong college only 20 runs short of victory.

Re: Brighton Grammar Captain

mummy;135661 said:
It's not often i go to write about someone in the APS and dont know their name but, in this case i have no reason to be aware of the Brighton Grammars Captains name as he is clearly a second rate captain. He can only play legside shots and still has a very limited range of strokes through there anyway. he was hit for 4 sixes in a row by shaw kitchen going for 29 off the over. He also dropped Shaw Kitchen on 71 (absoloute sitter) who went on to make 110 more runs. Possibly the worst APS captain ever... Is his dad the coach?

Now lets have a look at Singh, the guy can bat and he's a good bowler. He can also attempt to cheat when a small shower comes through slightly wetting the pitch, in a disgraceful display of sportsmanship we saw Williams from Brighton Purposely take a Dive in his bowling stride in an attempt to have the game called off with Geelong college only 20 runs short of victory.

look mummy i dont no who you think you are, but y do you have to speak like this??
the skipper remember doesnt always have to be the best player, jus the person who shows the best leadership, which im sure, you have none of.
Get some respect mate, a friend from grammar saidma bloke from college said that willo is the best bloke ever and would never do something like that???
grow up, anyone agree??
comments?:mad:

You seem to have 4gotten about The Spirit of the Game. Even Glenn McGrath has a bad day.

brighton grammar captain is the worst!!!!! mummy you are a legend and i love you. WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!! THE PARTY WAS DRY THE PARTY WAS PUMPING AREEEEEBA, YIPY YI OH!!!

we played brighton the week before geelong and i would also have to say that the brighton grammar captain can hardly bat,and also doesn't lead his team on the field whilst fielding,his extremely negative and drops catches left right and centre!

bigdaddy09;135755 said:
we played brighton the week before geelong and i would also have to say that the brighton grammar captain can hardly bat,and also doesn't lead his team on the field whilst fielding,his extremely negative and drops catches left right and centre!

he's not negative at all. when we played them before xmas, they were being dominated and he was still very positive, so grow up mummy and big daddy, anyone agree??

I actually couldnt agree more . Shows no responsibility in his batting and looks lost on the feld. I watched Xavier play Brighton and only chasing 130 they should have got it but at 3-80 odd the brighton captain decideds gees im going to run down the pitch and try and slog one over mid micket to one of the xavier spinners (after surviving only slightly in this other 2 attempts) only to get stummped and have his side loose 7-16 and be bowled out for 97. Disgracefull. This was after he had xavier in all sorts at 6-40 only to let them off the hook with bad feild placemnts and bowling changes or lack off them. I fully agree with the theme u dont have to be the best player to be captain BUT you need to be someone who leads from the front and takes responisblity. Singh walks around witha purpose and is more likley to take the game by the neck. U do not want your skipper to be laughed at by the opperistion u want him to be respected.

Are you referring to Marks???

We played them today and he seemed like a very good bloke both off field and on. :confused:

mummy;135661 said:

Sam Marks is skipper because Singh has too much on his plate as an opening bowler and no.3 bat, he is co vice with the keeper - too hard making a keeper captain. he doesnt do it alone on the field, both vice captains work together with him. and by the way williams is the nicest bloke i have ever met - he didnt take a dive dropkick, the pitch was wet and when he runs in like a maniac like he does you cant blame him for going a over t.

MuppetsRus;137031 said:
Sam Marks is skipper because Singh has too much on his plate as an opening bowler and no.3 bat, he is co vice with the keeper - too hard making a keeper captain. he doesnt do it alone on the field, both vice captains work together with him. and by the way williams is the nicest bloke i have ever met - he didnt take a dive dropkick, the pitch was wet and when he runs in like a maniac like he does you cant blame him for going a over t.

So u agree that he is not the best man for the job and Singh should be skipper from what we observed Singh seemed to be caalling the shots out there

you can never have too much on your plate. if hes already calling the shots then make him skipper. its men that honour titles, not titles that honour men.

it seems like he just wont take the position in case his team does ********. so from my point of view. good on you marks for giving it a crack when someone who may be better was too afraid.

IsHusseyIsGood;137797 said:
If any of you guys actually played for brighton you would know why Sam Marks is captain

fell free to enlighten the rest of the APS all wise one.

okay champ, Marksy shows alot more leadership then Singh and most of the playing group dont even like Singh. thats just as start

mate played against singh for round 3-4 years now and hes shown heaps of leaderhsip. Leadership is about what u do in the middle lead from the front. When ur team needs u!!! just like against xavier when they needed their skipper and he danced down the pitch slogged and was out stummped. U dont like Signy cause hes a better cricketer and bloke than most of the boys in the team. He seems to rate hismelf a bit but arnt all good players a bit arrogant? This is comming from a kid he dosent even like he reckons im a fkn tool but oh well im not out there to make freinds jkust win games of cricket.

i never said i didnt like singh and theres more to knowing someone then playing against him...he hasnt made many runs either this year and to be honest brighton just isnt having a good year but we'll bounce back

IsHusseyIsGood;137803 said:
okay champ, Marksy shows alot more leadership then Singh and most of the playing group dont even like Singh. thats just as start

so true. no one in the team wanted Singh captain cos he is in love with himself and while he is a good cricketer and not a bad bloke (sometimes), Marksy is better for the job.

Back