Bring Back our Legends

zimbando

Bring Back our Legends

Zimbabwe was once a very strong side.But many of the players quit their international career early for different reasons and left the country.They should be brought back.The new Zimbabwen side is improving day by day.But you need experiernce players to perform in the highest level.Young players should learn enough by playing more and more first class matches.A stable team needs a solid mixture of youth and experience.Zimbabwe,in no doubt has the youth.They should prepare themselves to play in the test and ODI level.For this,they need the support and guide of experienced players.Infact,I want to see this former players to play in the Zimbabwe international cricket.Some of them have no recent news in anything related to cricket.These players should return in the Zimbabwe side to achieve the lost glories of Zimbabwe.I hope,they will be able to beat strong teams consistently in international cricket and should return in the test side also.

List of players:

1.Murray Goodwin
2.Grant Flower
3.Trevor Gripper (RETIRED+Currently playing no cricket)
4.Craigh Wishart (RETIRED+Currently playing no cricket)
5.Barney Rogers
6.Charles Coventry
7.Andy Blignaut
8.Sean Ervine
9.Mark Vermuelen
10.Stuart Carlisle
11.Terrence Duffin
12.Neil Ferreira.

Re: Bring Back our Legends

zimbando;304310 said:
Zimbabwe was once a very strong side.But many of the players quit their international career early for different reasons and left the country.They should be brought back.The new Zimbabwen side is improving day by day.But you need experiernce players to perform in the highest level.Young players should learn enough by playing more and more first class matches.A stable team needs a solid mixture of youth and experience.Zimbabwe,in no doubt has the youth.They should prepare themselves to play in the test and ODI level.For this,they need the support and guide of experienced players.Infact,I want to see this former players to play in the Zimbabwe international cricket.Some of them have no recent news in anything related to cricket.These players should return in the Zimbabwe side to achieve the lost glories of Zimbabwe.I hope,they will be able to beat strong teams consistently in international cricket and should return in the test side also.

List of players:

1.Murray Goodwin
2.Grant Flower
3.Trevor Gripper (RETIRED+Currently playing no cricket)
4.Craigh Wishart (RETIRED+Currently playing no cricket)
5.Barney Rogers
6.Charles Coventry
7.Andy Blignaut
8.Sean Ervine
9.Mark Vermuelen
10.Stuart Carlisle
11.Terrence Duffin
12.Neil Ferreira.
But under the current turmoil in the country I don't think they would want to come back. I am pretty sure Flower, Irvine and Goodwin aren't allowed back anyway.

But they would be a better team if these players still played.

zimbando;304340 said:
yer I hope some of them make a comeback to play for Zimbabwe :)

Yeah no offense but don't get your hopes up.

All three live in Australia now anyway.

If Ervine got a citizenship he could be in consideration for the allrounder spot in the team.

But they are'nt going to leave Australia one of the bst countries in the world to go back to Zimbabwe sorry mate.

As grapedo said, it is sadly very unlikely to happen due to the current situation in Zimbabwe. What has happened is very sad, as the side zimbando listed on this thread is full of some very talented cricketers.

The whole political situation over there, its impact on cricket has been worsened by the fact Mugabes cronies are running the Zimbabwean cricket board, i could send you some articles on it if you want

Edge;304513 said:
Im a bit blind here :O

What has happened in ZImbabwe?

Where to start.

A dictator by the name of Robert Mugabe took over in the 70's was it ? after civil war.

He was Prime Minister to start with but eventually became the first president of Zimbabwe.

SInce then the country has had racial issues with theories that Mugabe torutres white Zimbabweans. Inflation is the highest in the world at some 32 billion percent.

There is a Cholere virus being spread through out the country.

Mugabe lost an election early last year but refused to step down and forced his oppenent Morgan Tsangvirais was forced to step down.

Thet reached a power sharing agreement in September but argued over the treausury portfolio and now that looks as if it will fall through.

I know some people may not agree with me, but where is America on this one? Nothing in it for them?

breeno;306146 said:
I know some people may not agree with me, but where is America on this one? Nothing in it for them?

You're spot on there. No oil in Zimbabwe, therefore it doesn't exist in the eyes of America.

breeno;306146 said:

Totally agree with you Breeno.

They go straight in to Iraq who have a very similar Dictator in power but Zimbabwe is financially worse than Iraq was and they don't do anything about it.

If Zimbabwe had lots of oil or gold they would be there by now IMO.

Back