Can aussies win test series in sa??

hussler

Can aussies win test series in sa??

Does anybody think the aussies are any possible hope of winning in Sth Africa???

Re: Can aussies win test series in sa??

Yes, We were very competitive against SA at a tumultuous time. SA will go in favourites at home, and rightly so, but don't discount the Aussies. With Mike Hussey looking back in form, Hayden replaced, and hopefully a more settled bowling attack, it could make a significant difference.

As I said, SA are justified favourites, but a win is certainly within Australia's capabilities.

SA are favourites but Australia will be looking for a strong showing. Should be a decent series, hard fought with SA just running out as winners.

i don't think it'll be a similar series to the one in australia. i think it will be much closer, and a very, very good series. south africa will win it, but australia won't let them win it easily.

Why not- we were in winning positions in ALL of the tests here in Australia- we failed to capitalise on those chances in two of them.

Its closer than it looks! ;)

mas cambios;324018 said:
SA are favourites but Australia will be looking for a strong showing. Should be a decent series, hard fought with SA just running out as winners.

In the last series I think we just lacked the killer blow that we used to have,it will return in SA though!!!!!!!!!!!................GO AUSSIES...................look out Poms if we get a floggin we might take it out on you blokes:eek:hahahaha

Of course.

Where is Grapedo when ya need the kid to defend his mother country.

They were preparing for our series for 3 years, their mind was set on beat us and crushing us at home. Now they have achieved that their confidence will be sky high. But that is where we will get them back.

Australians love being the underdogs, love coming back and thumping teams when they least expect it.

IT will be a cracker of a series but we have the stuff to get them you would have to think.

The b atting is far better than it showed this summer, but can Australia take 20 wickets for a decent total regularly. Without Clark, I suspect not.
Its certainly not a no-hope situation, but SA have to start big favourites.

SA will defintely be favourites and most pundits will no doubt predict "a tough series but SA will win". Basically most people will be surprised if SA lose and i have always felt that SA have never been at their best when they have been outright "favourites".

I think there might be the first little ripple about to go through the SA camp. Here in Australia when Dumminy was playing well everyone was asking how are SA going to keep him in the team. At the same time the South African camp were telling anyone who'd listen, including that SA commentator on ABC radio, that their policy is that when an injured player is fit then he replaces the player that replaced him automatically regardless of performance.

Prince is the vice-captain dont forget. To me SA havent backed up the talk with regards to that selection policy and no doubt there will be a few raised eyebrows, especially considering Neil McKenzie (sp) was retained.

Additionally, the last game we won against SA with a rookie bowling lineup containing 2 bowlers on debut (Bollinger, McDonald) and Hauritz as the main spinner with a handful of tests. Hell, our most experienced bowler was Johnson who has been a test player for just over a year and is now our "spearhead".

Ponting captained well in that last game with a very inexperienced lineup.

I really think we are a good chance, more then most will give us and expect from us. As i said, deep down nearly everyone will mark it down beforehand as a series win to SA, so they have to deal with expectation and pressure.

IS Stuart Clark out?
If so thats a huge loss.
This would be my 1st XI

1.P.Hughes
2.S.Katich
3.R.Ponting
4.M.Hussey
5.M.Clarke
6.M.North
7.B.Haddin
8.M.Johnson
9.P.Siddle
10.B.Mcgain
11.B.Hilfenhaus

bundybullz08;325737 said:
IS Stuart Clark out?
If so thats a huge loss.
This would be my 1st XI

1.P.Hughes
2.S.Katich
3.R.Ponting
4.M.Hussey
5.M.Clarke
6.M.North
7.B.Haddin
8.M.Johnson
9.P.Siddle
10.B.Mcgain
11.B.Hilfenhaus

Yep,your spot on there BB08............cant wait for it to start!!!!!!!!!

Back