Canada v Netherlands Tri-Series 5th ODI

C

cleazer

Canada v Netherlands Tri-Series 5th ODI

Canada with 2 straight wins here, and now they'll try to build on that momentum and beat Netherlands in their final game of the series. Netherlands, on the other hand, have the chance to wrap the series up with a win today.

Code:
Match 4 of 6  P  W  L  NR T BP Points  NRR
Netherlands   2  2  -  -  -  1    9   +0.825
Canada        3  2  1  -  -  1    9   +0.327
Bermuda       3  -  3  -  -  -    0   -0.838

Re: Canada v Netherlands Tri-Series 5th ODI

Netherlands wins the toss and tells Canada to bat first.
Jyoti is out for Canada and Mulla is back in opening for them.

Mulla out in the 4th over for 12.
Canada 24-1 after 7.

Bagai finally out for 23,

Canada is 70-2 after 21.

So long as they can avoid losing too many more wickets, they'll be in the position to put up a reasonable score towards the end here.

Well, so much for saving wickets.

Canada is now 110-5 after 32 overs, and barring a big performance from Codrington, Chumney, or Maxwell, they're going to struggle to reach 200.

Good batting from Chumney, finally run out for 44.
Codrington is up to 31 right now too.

Canada has turned it on here and it up to 191-6 after 46.

Oops, spoke too soon, Codrington out for 31 now.
Canada 193-6 after 46.3

at least they'll pass 200

At least they put up a respectable score, i'm sure they would have liked a higher number. The pressure will now be on their bowlers to try to defend it. The Netherlands have some very good batsmen. If they could get danger man ten Doeschate out early, they may have a chance at winning.

Maxwell finished 37 not out, some good scoring at the end from him.

Canada managed 223-8.

Probably not quite high enough, but you never know. Netherlands should be able to reach 224, but I think it'll be a close chase, and the result might not be known until the very end.

Bhatti (along with Osinde) doing it again. Bhatti has figures of 6-3-4-0 and Osinde 6-2-19-1 and after twelve overs The Netherlands are just 24/1. Their required rate is over 6 already.

I failed to mention that about half an hour was lost to rain, the revised target is 205 from 42 overs.

Osinde picks up a second wicket, The Netherlands are 33/2 after 14. According to my (rather optimistic) calculations, Canada would need to hold them to 149 (from 42 overs) to earn the bonus point, and 162 (42 overs) to overtake them on net run rate.

Good to see Canada get of to a very good start. Their bowlers need to put more pressure on ten Doeschate, don't let him score high. He's now on 34 runs. 64/2 after 16 overs

Canada are really putting on the pressure, 2 more quick wickets. The Dutch are now 72/4 after 18 overs.

Got the all important wicket of ten Doeschate for 38 superb

Fall of Wickets:
1-10 (MWA van Nierop) 2-33 (TN de Grooth) 3-69 (RN ten Doeschate) 4-70 (B Zuiderent)

The Dutch are now 130/5 I really think Canada could take this.

Definitely advantage Canada right now, but still a rather slim one. The Netherlands are at 141/6 after 31, RRR is 5.82. Van Bunge is still around though, and he can swing a bat.

Netherlands bringing it back now, led by van Bunge. They are left needing 39 runs off 36 balls. TIGHT

Goodness me, what a finish. Bunge went, followed immediately by Smits, leaving the 9 and 11 batsmen to make 27 runs from just over 3 overs. AND THEY DID!!! Osinde came back to bowl the last, and after 3 dots, Stelling got a hold of one for 4 to win by a wicket, with 2 balls to spare. What a match, though Canada (and by extension, I) will be very disappointed with a loss in a match they were clearly in a position to win.

I somewhat question the bowling decisions made by Codrington. He bowled Bhatti straight through at the beginning of the match, and saved only 1 over for Osinde at the death. That made for spinners getting knocked around in the later overs, and that made the difference. The biggest disappointment for Canada's bowlers was Abdool Samad, bowled just one over, and gave up 18 runs. Whoops.

Looking forward to seeing the Netherlands again, for four days this time.

OH!! how agonizing, Canada just narrowly lost. So close but just couldn't get there. The Dutch won by 1 wicket, 205 for 9 after 41.4 overs.
I think if it weren't for the rain delay that changed the target total Canada would have definitely won. A fine effort on their part and prove they can compete with the Dutch.

Wow, what a thriller, that was more exciting than I expected. Incriedble job by Stelling and Jonkman to hold on to that last wicket, especially Stelling. Even though van Bunge scored 52, Stelling got a well deserved man of the match award for scoring his 39 under huge pressure.

Good job by Netherlands to wrap up the series win. Now they just need one more win against Bermuda tomorrow to make it a clean sweep.

Back