CANT BAT FOR MY LIFE

CRICKET

CANT BAT FOR MY LIFE

Yep. title syas it I CANT BAT FOR MY LIFE. heres the deal. I use the V grip i see in books and in videos but have altered it so its confortable but i can still see the v. my stance is with my feet shoulder width apart and i'm comfortable. I can defend really well but when it comes to attacking shot im a goner. I can't tell what shot to play and if some how i work it out i try to hit and i miss or i hit it and it goes a very short distance or it simply goes straight up. Can anyone help me i'm really desperate i only play for school cricket but my highest is like 7 and retired huirt cause i got hit on the head lol (i was wearing helmet but felt a little dizzy) so yea anyway i really need help.

Re: CANT BAT FOR MY LIFE

maybe ur nervous
u jus need to block the 1st few overs till u get settled
works for me

You probably just don't have the technique. Maybe invest in a personal cricket coach to help with your batting?

Remember to stay low and don't move your feet into position until you know around about where the ball is going.

Re: CAN'T BAT FOR MY LIFE

The reason seems more of the approach.
It happens to most of them.
U can refer to the Batting Advice column and read any of the threads as per Ur needs.
It will certainly boost Ur confidence.
The most important is your approach and the amount of practice for perfection.

as i have im majority of my batting posts

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

i have found that the more session / crease / sock cricket time i have throughout the week will depend on how well i
1. see the ball
2. attack the ball
3. my all round batting attitude for that week.

thats wat i rekon anyway..

if u could answer master blasters Q it would help.

Just remember, you can bat. You might not be the best batsman in the team, but you are capable of proving yourself wrong. This season I got two 17s, that was my highest score, I was happy with that, but desperately wanted a score in the 20s, at least. I got 35 last week, as a result of my confidence being sky high after hitting out in a net session a couple of weeks before. The key thing is for you to remember that you are possible of making a bigger score than you expect. You just need to read up on some tips, focus and remember them while you're out there. Never for a moment think you can't do it. If a really hard bowler comes on, just see him out, or, if you want to get off strike, meet the other batsman down the pitch and tell him to be ready to run a quick single, and maybe block it into an area and run. But make sure you wait for bad balls. In 13 year old cricket, it is rare that a bowler will never bowl a bad ball, so just wait for one. Once you start hitting a few fours, that will turn in to a decent innings and then you will be a regular run scorer, it is just progressive and it comes with confidence in your ability and correct technique. I used to be nicknamed D, for Defense. Highest score was 14, rarely hit more than a few singles. Hit 1 for last season. This season I've hit heaps, my highest score is 35* and I hit 8 fours in one innings. All because I now back my ability.

wat aussie boy said is spot on
same with verinder sehwag berthwal
u should listen to the guys they all ways have something useful to say..
do nerves worry u at all??
do u get butterflys wen walking out to the middle?

CRICKET said:
Yep. title syas it I CANT BAT FOR MY LIFE. heres the deal. I use the V grip i see in books and in videos but have altered it so its confortable but i can still see the v. my stance is with my feet shoulder width apart and i'm comfortable. I can defend really well but when it comes to attacking shot im a goner. I can't tell what shot to play and if some how i work it out i try to hit and i miss or i hit it and it goes a very short distance or it simply goes straight up. Can anyone help me i'm really desperate i only play for school cricket but my highest is like 7 and retired huirt cause i got hit on the head lol (i was wearing helmet but felt a little dizzy) so yea anyway i really need help.

First up you have to ask yourself what sort of batsman do you want to be? Though it's attractive not all of us can get out there and dominate attacks from the word go. You may be naturally suited to being more defensive.

You say that you have a good grip and comfortable stance get someone to check this out for you, there may be something that you're missing.

From there is really is a case of practice. Pick a shot and master it, get someone (or better still a bowling machine) to throw a ball in the right area for the shot and just get used to playing it. Once you feel you have it down, move on to the next one.

Within time you'll start to get a sense of where the ball is and the best way to deal with it. The key thing is to get in the nets and grit it out.

Thanks for the help so far 1 thing is i always feel confident(even after a previous bad performance which is most of the time -_-) and im always thinking im gonna go out there and score some runs so at least i got something going for me.

R U a RHB or LHB?
Secondly;what is Ur batting number.
Can u post a video of batting in the nets;Shoot it from the Umpire's end.
Do read the Batting column and the following threads on batting as per Ur batting problem.

Back