Carey vs. Xavier

Re: Carey vs. Xavier

carey 9-196 (50) xavier 8-197 (48.2)
close game, carey won toss batted, 3-16 after 10 then chancellor (49) game in with a determined and classy skippers knock. Deck was doing a bit, Mcgorian bowled well for Xavier. Carey fielded and bowled very poorly however xavier did wat they had to to win, the sign of a great side.

Chancellor made a stunning innings untill he got something in his throat and choked on 49. Xaviers bowlers were very good in particular O'sullivan and McGorian. Xavier weer to good with trhe bat with o'hern and potter taking 2 and yeo bowling the worst he has eer bowled still taking 1/33 off 9.

Xavier Vs Carey

First of all, as a xav id like to say that Carey are a good bunch of blokes. better than most teams anyway.

Xavier bowled first and had Carey looking bad at 3/14 but then Richardson and Chancellor put on a good partnership. Chancellor batted extremely well for his 49. Richardson solid. Lanning batted well too for 40.

Best of the xavs were Jack O'Sullivan with 4 wickets (took 3 against Scotch first round also) and Andrew McGorian troubled all their batters to take 3 good wickets.

To careys credit they worked their tail well and ended up with 196.

Xavs lost an early wicket with Will Ryan gone for 4 in the first over to some pretty good bowling from Potter.

Goss and Grigg put on a solid partnership until Grigg was gone for 22. Cross came to the wicket and again batted well til he was gone for 15.

Curtain and Goss put on another great partnership with Curtain and his classy ways smashing balls everywhere with timing and class.

Goss went for 36 to a stumping, deemed dubious by some.

Curtain smashed them to go on his way to 40.

Some lower hard hitting saw Xavs over the line with 2 wickets to spare. Some shots were debated but still a win.

Let me say this, Xavier have no where NEAR played their best cricket yet and will hope to do this against Haileybury this week.

It was very good to play xavier who were very good blokes and it was a very funny game. The game couldve gone either way with both teams showing talent. Im not sure whether Xavs were up to there normal standard but Carey definetly werent in the field and there bowling. Be interesting to see how both these teams finish up at the end of the year.

without a doubt the speech won by Considine who managed to incorperate big cricket into his speech, batted very well aswell with a solid 40

i think pommysmasher like consi too much.....his sexuality is always in question,plus he hooked up with a sarah herniman lookalike......

pupisgod;191456 said:
i think pommysmasher like consi too much.....his sexuality is always in question,plus he hooked up with a sarah herniman lookalike......

Sarah Herniman is a magnificent piece of ass, and so is Consi!!

very very close game. carey batted well with lanning batting beautifully making a lovely 42 and chancellor stepping up with the captains knock of 49 one shy of raising the bat however as he has claimed "mate ive saluted the crowed on many occassions .. one more run wouldnt have mattered". careys bowling attack left a lot to be desired. yeo got belted and was lucky to take his 1 for 33 (needs badly to improve his length and speed) its like hitting a beach ball it comes that slow. carey unlucky. suggestion would be to drop yeo and bring in some specialty leg spin from the likes of michael wood. i heard he was too busy on the w.e taking care of xaviers no 1 tennis player Nick stafford. supreme athlete is wood

i think chancellor did raise his bat on saturday.
when the carey score passed 100 he raised his bat for it.
when the xavier captain told him that the applause was for the team milestone, he said "i am the team"
enough said

although carey did play horrible was good to see chancy finnally make some runs and potter and ohern strike glory with the ball.... no need to mention lanning in this game........ consy for prime minister

I'm from Xavier but not in the cricket team and i was present at this game and witnessed a high quality game of school boy cricket..young geoff chancellor impressed me with his 49 although he tightened up considerably when nearing the 50 mark and this is a weakness which may be exploited by opposition teams..

The main downfall for carey seemed to be their new ball bowlers and they could possibly look to outsource this function to some different players with slightly more ability..

the xavier boys fought it out extremely hard and the contrast between matt yeo and liam grigg was phenominal as yeo gave up over after over and delivered some of the worst sledges known to aps cricket...the captain reid should have a word to him as well as maybe vice captain chancellor...

i remember a couple of years ago when i played cricket carey had some much better talent i dont know if anyone can help me out are there any guns who stopped playing cricket for carey or have they just not improved at all (ie chancellor)???

i happened to be driving past buleen and the carey sports complex and did what i always do when i see a game of cricket, stoped and got out and had a watch of the game. i was wondering if anybody could tell me about the carey batsman who was smashing them everywhere. i gather this was chancellor. well done son a superb knock. surely this man must be on a scholarship?

big.swing.no.ding;191839 said:
i happened to be driving past buleen and the carey sports complex and did what i always do when i see a game of cricket, stoped and got out and had a watch of the game. i was wondering if anybody could tell me about the carey batsman who was smashing them everywhere. i gather this was chancellor. well done son a superb knock. surely this man must be on a scholarship?

dont know wat game u were watching budd.... carey played at xavier

mate bigswingnoding get your facts rite buddy.were you thinking of the opening round at Dunshea against Wesley.who batted well for carey that day

Back