Champions Trophy - Pakistan vs South Africa at Chandigarh

Re: Champions Trophy - Pakistan vs South Africa at Chandigarh

Cleazer is right on the money, SA do top the group. Pretty impressive demolition, aided by some limp batting by Pakistan.

Not sure that they can go all the way though; depends on how they go on the dodgy pitches. Also, if West Indies beat England they will play the winner of Australia vs India.

Younis Khan didn't even use Umar Gul for all of 10 overs!?!?!?! I think Younis has displayed some pretty stupid captaincy decisions by not using one of his best bowlers to his full potential, and then himself wildly swinging bat with his team in a desperate position - exactly opposite of what a captain's responsibility should be.

Oh, forgot to say one more thing.

Ian Chappell thinks Mark Boucher was robbed, and should have been given man of the match award. Not Ntini. I kind of agree, because it was a bowler's pitch and Ntini took advantage of a situation favorable to him. Boucher on the other hand did fantanstic in a situation not favoring him.

But my real vote for man of the match would go to neither Ntini nor Boucher. I vote for Daljit Singh to be the man of the match.

:confused:

Who the hell is Daljit Singh, you ask?!?! Well, he is the guy who prepared such a refreshing and unexpected pitch.

I truly hope that BCCI and rest of corrupt cronies in Indian cricket administration get their heads out of their arses and recognize the good work of people like Daljit Singh. By all rights, it should be encouraged for more and more pitches like these to be developed in India. Who the hell says it is not favorable for fast bowlers to be playing in subcontinent? It's a completely misguided and bogus myth. It's the inept and unimaginative policy of preparing dead pitches year after year that has been taking fun out of cricket played in the subcontinent. Preparing "Daljit Singh variety" of pitches regularly would go a long way for helping Indian batsmen play in challenging conditions, as well as help more and more fast bowlers to emerge out of India. (I'm sure the same applies to other subcontinent countries like Pakistan too.)

IM Chappell being controversial again... but while he has a case, Ntini's spell was outstanding, and if he hadn't have been taken off, he could have ended up with 7 or 8 wickets. Clearly the dominant figure in the match.

Back