Changes for the Third Test

Jolldo87

Changes for the Third Test

Firstly Lee is gone so there is one change.

Then Symonds has to go imo. Hasn't done enough to warrant a spot in the side.

Then there's Hayden. He has to go unless he announces his retirement at it's his last test.

I'd bring in Andrew McDonald for Symonds which would allow us to play Krejza as well as Haurtiz.

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
McDonald
Haddin
Krejza
Johnson
Hauritz
Siddle

Thoughts?

Re: Changes for the Third Test

I'm not a fan of playing two off spinners.

If one were to be selected I'd rather Krejza.

I like the idea of McDonald getting a run but the selectors wouldn't go for it.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hughes get a run as the series is over anyway, I love Matty but I don't think he still has it in him for test cricket.

But instead of going with 1 average pacer, 2 genuine quicks, 2 spinners
i'd prefer: 3 genuine quicks, 2 spinners

Are batting hasn't been totally horrible this series but not having the ability to bowl out SA is the problem IMO.

As we have lost the series all ready I think we should experiment with a few things so this would be my prefered XI:

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Johnson
Krejza
Hauritz
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

Agree with Jolldo on points regarding Symonds & Hayden.

Hayden
Katich
Ponting (c)
Hussey
Clarke
North (can bowl off-spin)
Haddin
Johnson
Krejza
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

tristo;301586 said:
Agree with Jolldo on points regarding Symonds & Hayden.

Hayden Hughes/Rodgers
Katich
Ponting (c)
Hussey
Clarke
North (can bowl off-spin)
Haddin
Johnson
Krejza
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

u can't let North in.
You have to drop Hayden now, it's a dead rubber.
Either Hughes or Rodgers in, and even though i'm a victorian you would need to go with the youth and blood Hughes early..
I would have gone with Hilfenhaus for Lee aswell.
If there's an allrounder spot would have to go to Watson but Symonds fielding would pip it for him.

cherried_lid;301594 said:
u can't let North in.
You have to drop Hayden now, it's a dead rubber.
Either Hughes or Rodgers in, and even though i'm a victorian you would need to go with the youth and blood Hughes early..
I would have gone with Hilfenhaus for Lee aswell.
If there's an allrounder spot would have to go to Watson but Symonds fielding would pip it for him.

Whats wrong with North??

Watson is out injured, and Symonds is injured / out of form.

If Hayden does not announce his retirement before Sydney he should be dropped for Rogers or Hughes.

My line-up for Sydney (assuming we lose this match):

Hughes (blood some youth, if it wasn't a dead rubber then maybe Klinger or Rogers)
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
White
Haddin
Johnson
Krejza/Hauritz (Krejza has more X-factor, but Hauritz has been more consistent.)
Siddle
Bollinger/Hilfenhaus

Symonds is injured. Watson is injured, so he can't replace him. I think we should blood a bit more youth there. Give White another run, this time as a batsman rather than a bowler.

Lee is injured. Bollinger or Hilfy to come in. Haven't seen enough of either of them recently to pick between them, but I do think it's a bit farcical that first Siddle, and now seemingly Hilfy (elevated to the squad), have been selected in front of Dougie given his form in 07/08, backed up by a good start statistically to 08/09.

Hauritz deserves a run on his home ground. It wouldn't do the selectors any harm to stick with a bowler for more than one match. Having said that, Krejza is probably a better prospect. More cricket ahead of him, and a bit more exciting.

North would be a good inclusion but i'd still rather McDonald. Either one is better than Symonds.

As postmanpav said the selectors won't go for McDonald and i doubt they'll go for North. Dave Hussey probably has a good chance but they'll probably keep with Symonds or go back to White.

Jolldo87;301726 said:
Watson, Symonds and Lee are replaced in the squad by McDonald, Bollinger and Hilfenhaus.

My XI would be the same as MCG with McDonald replacing Symonds and Hilfenhaus replacing Lee.

Bollinger 12th man.

tristo;301727 said:
My XI would be the same as MCG with McDonald replacing Symonds and Hilfenhaus replacing Lee.

Bollinger 12th man.

I agree except I would like Hughes to replace Hayden.

well done to macca, very well deserved. Not the most stylish but gets the work done both with his batting and bowling. Is a handy slipper also.

Agree that it's two changes

In: Hilf/bollinger, macca

out: lee, symonds

postmanpav;301729 said:
I agree except I would like Hughes to replace Hayden.

I to would of liked either Hughes/Rogers to replace Hayden, but the selectors have decided to give him one final test (thats what im hoping they are doing)

The aussies still have a fair bit to play for in the third test. Although it is a "dead rubber" in the sense that we can't win the series they are now playing for the number 1 test ranking. If we lose I believe SA become number 1.

tristo;301727 said:

Bollinger 12th man.

your 11 will be the correct one I think mate.:)

namdarb;302197 said:
The aussies still have a fair bit to play for in the third test. Although it is a "dead rubber" in the sense that we can't win the series they are now playing for the number 1 test ranking. If we lose I believe SA become number 1.

They sure do mate. :D

One thing I want to know is that if they lose this test match will all the newies like Mcdonald, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger be dropped just seems to be the trend at the moment.

They should just be sticking with a group of 13 players until the Ashes through thick and thin.

They have a better chance of success that way then dropping half the team every time they lose a match.

yer hilfenhaus for lee and mcdonald for symonds. though i wouldnt mind if bollinger was in for lee also. I would have loved to see hughes in the squad hayden needs to go back to sheild and try a find some form. even if hughes was just in the squad for experience.

Paul#10;302410 said:
and also is nofkee injured ?cause he would be the allrounder i would pick

Yep, unfortunately he is. He has been for much of the season.

Paul#10;302410 said:
and also is nofkee injured ?cause he would be the allrounder i would pick

I see him as more of a bowler who bats then a genuine all rounder don't think he could hold up the number 6 or 7 in the batting order IMO.

Back