Chucking the Ball

Chucking the Ball

One of my fast bowler with good pace and line & length control has a problem of throwing.
During matches he is accused of "throwing" the ball.
I need to rectify that problem.
I would like to know about any kind of drills or bowling session so as to improve his bowling style.

Re: Chucking the Ball

I would hazard a guess that this is a bio-mechanical problem. You would need to go back and assess his action from the feet up, looking at the bowling arm in detail.

From here adjustments can be made in an attempt to keep the arm within limits. You'll be looking at the 10,000 rule in order to commit the new action to muscle memory and the CNS, so it will take a bit of time and effort.

Yeah; I checked the same.At times he "throw's" the ball and at times the bowling arm is straight.
So I started his practice with tennis ball just to make him a habit of keeping his arm straight.
Within 2-3 days; he will be bowling in the nets.If there are any other drills to improve his bowling skills;please do forward it.

it dusnt rlly matter but some ppl say it throw the ball (i dont) there is some straightining of mya rm but im not throwing it

I've been the subject of throwing accusations just last week.....it was the doosra I was trying to bowl, mind... ;)

a bloke i my team was accused of throwing.... the other team wasnt 2 happy when he got 3 wickets in 2 overs.....

kallis fan said:
I've been the subject of throwing accusations just last week.....it was the doosra I was trying to bowl, mind... ;)

Most people reserve judgement about someone's action when they have seen it at least twice. Keep the doosra away from consecutive deliveries and you'll be fine ;)

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Yeah; I checked the same.At times he "throw's" the ball and at times the bowling arm is straight.
So I started his practice with tennis ball just to make him a habit of keeping his arm straight.
Within 2-3 days; he will be bowling in the nets.If there are any other drills to improve his bowling skills;please do forward it.

Is it on a certain delivery that he seems to throw or is it in general?

Back