City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10 (Part 2)

Mick,
Your post sounds like something Yoda would say.
Brett,
I can only vouch for the late 60's onwards, but I am pretty sure that 2 piecers were the only type of balls used in most non turf competitions. The reason the 4 piece was brought in was to try and reduce the ball dominating the bat and make bowlers have to work to move it around, rather than just hold seam up.As for other alternatives I have no idea what else there is?
Again with the cost most clubs with 5 teams or more will make between
5-20K per year depending how efficient their club is run and what type of functions they have during the year and any sponsorship and/or benefactors.Most of this money will/should be put away and after 5-10 years you can have a sizeable amount. The smaller clubs will feel the pinch, but surely the CMCA with their huge bank balance could work something out.

I would've gone more along the line of:

Wield the axe more often can they too, Sugar. mmm.. yes...

Not sure if I've put tips in for Rd.8, so here goes:
Pies over Freo
Aints over the Same Olds
Fuschias over West Coast
Bloods over the Tri-colours
Pivotonians over the Gorillas/Bears
SA Pies over the Blues
Mayblooms over the Wasps
Shinboners over the Crows

Merl's early tips

Pies
Bullies
Go dees
Pussies
Nth
Hawks
Port
Saints

Merl

I will get the tally board up to date

Whispers circulating that the Hoops have a new coach as does West Bentleigh.I hear new Hoops coach will know a fair bit about West Bentleigh,whilst the new appointment at WB has already has an intimate knowledge of the Hoops.

Clock i am only assuming here mate, but am i either hot or cold in saying that it appears Frew is heading to Union and Pothitos is in Charge at West Bentleigh?

brett;400040 said:
Clock i am only assuming here mate, but am i either hot or cold in saying that it appears Frew is heading to Union and Pothitos is in Charge at West Bentleigh?

That is the rumour I have heard.

i hear ana's biggest recruit my be out for a while with a broken wrist. see he injured it making a come back in footy.

wont have a captain or their big recruit for the first few rounds?

im not sure what you have heard mate, but a broken wrist doesnt take 6 months to heal, 6 weeks more like it.

i reckon even if it was half hanging off, he would still be back by the start of pre season

I was thinking the same thing Clint, unless he did a Jim from american Pie and clued his hand to his Rodger and requires skin grafting then i am sure he will play!

Round 9 tips

geelong
bulldogs
fremantle
essendon
carlton
port adelaide
brisbane
west coast

Round 10 Selections:
Bulldogs
Geelong
St.Kilda
Hawks
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Carlton
Fremantle

Noticed I han't put the tips in last week. For the record, I would've had the same as Clocker. Happy to cop the away teams or the lowest score of the round or whatever it is the big boss decides.
Tips this week are:
Dogs
Cats
Power
Pies
Saints
Kokoda Hawks
Blues
Dockers

Also, for those interested Cluden have a side in the Mid Year Cricket Association (MYCA) and welcome any players wanting a game. Old Man Merl will be pleased to know I've jumped on the bandwagon and played a couple of games already. We've even had the honour of having a Test umpire adjudicate a game - Bill Sheahan. Games are played every 2nd week with the concept allowing the week off to be available in case weather doesn't permit play on the first weekend. Rules are exactly the same as CMCA 1 day grade with the exception that yellow balls are used.

How do the yellow balls hold up?

I know Orange and Pink balls have been experimented in the past and have not been what all had hopped?

any clubs got any big signings secured yet? new captains, new coaches, new players?

gone a bit quiet in here as of late

Round 11 tips.
St.Kilda
Carlton
Fremantle
Brisbane
Geelong
Essendon
Port Adelaide
Footscray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back