City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOCKER

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 09/10

Jimmy Olson;358319 said:
Same amount of members Sugar, 4 departures. Hopefully UM gets the green light as website updating is a labour of love as I'm sure Adam would agree. Then again Mick, plenty of Saturday nights stuck at home with tacker and early Sunday morning rises to be spent on updates I suppose.

Did Clocker lose his job?? Great input with much time spent.

No thankfully, although I was thinking the same about you with all the time you were spending at the spacious 88.8 studios.I was concerned that you would do irreversible damage to your golden voice box. How is the golf going? Hope you are still hitting them well.:eek:

Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

sorry merlot, just meant, its easier to update a forum, with say, a new thread, rather than update the web page. if it was a 'cant be stuffed' thing, or the webmaster(use this term loosely) found it too hard to update the page every few days, a forum might have been easier to announce little things.
or at least put a cmca representative on here to keep us updated, to confirm/deny rumors and the like.

Clint,

Good idea you are on the right track but will the kindergarten cop see the great sense in an Uncle Mick inspired guest book / forum with the latest news and ideas to keep Joe public up to date.

Arch

Enjoyed our day out again yesterday but am still wondering when Blairy will join us on the boundary at Murrumbeena.

Did hear that the attendance at the AGM rival the Syd v Melb in Canberra crowd!

I believe B has a new boss at the oasis who is a no nonsense operator from a nearby junior club who could get the palms swaying and the coconuts all rolling in the right direction that could land that elusive flag to the green patch of dirt.

Brady Rd

Have to agree being a regular to your website it is good value and have often visited it to get a score or result when the pre Uncle mick website lay dormant.
No doubt you would be shattered that Moorabbin Kindergarten was preferred over the Brady Rd Kindergarten.It would have been close for Barrack to wander down after parking the presidential limosine in the reserved car spot!

I believe there is a lot of cabbage negiotiations going on with a couple of high profile players who will decide shortly to either stay put or jump for greener pastures

The go dees again gallant in a tanking defeat that those silly west coasters haven't worked out how to do it.Just don't know how we are going to lose to Freemantle in front of the usual 5,000 that will front the Gee.

Pity we couldn't a bit of that Pommy rained that will ruin the test as the Golden brown land of Oz could have used a decent soaking.

Until next time................................. Merlot

Once again courtesy of Bentleigh ANA website:

CITY OF MOORABBIN CRICKET ASSOCIATION
FIXTURE 2009/10
ROUND 1 Oct-03 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V Elwood Lords Res No 2
Brighton Union V Omega Hurlingham No 1
Kingston Heath V Washington Park Southern Reserve
ESBC V Bentleigh ANA Chisholm Reserve
Le Page Park V Bentleigh Uniting Le Page Park No1
West Bentleigh V Mackie Bailey Park

ROUND 2 Oct-10 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V Bentleigh ANA Lords Res No 2
Brighton Union V Bentleigh Uniting Hurlingham No 1
Kingston Heath V Omega Southern Reserve
ESBC V Mackie Chisholm Reserve
Le Page Park V Washington Park Le Page Park No1
West Bentleigh V Elwood Bailey Park

ROUND 3 Oct 17 & 24 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Omega V ESBC Bricker Reserve
Elwood V Le Page Park Elwood Pk No 1
Bentleigh ANA V West Bentleigh King George No 1
Washington Park V Carnegie South Packer Reserve
Mackie V Brighton Union Mackie Rd Res
Bentleigh Uniting V Kingston Heath Bailey Park
ROUND 4 Oct 31 & Nov 7 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V ESBC Lords Res No 2
Elwood V Bentleigh ANA Elwood Pk No 1
Kingston Heath V Brighton Union Southern Reserve
Washington Park V Omega Packer Reserve
Le Page Park V West Bentleigh Le Page Park No1
Bentleigh Uniting V Mackie Bailey Park
ROUND 5 Nov 14 & 21 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Omega V Carnegie South Bricker Reserve
Brighton Union V Elwood Hurlingham No 1
Bentleigh ANA V Bentleigh Uniting King George No 1
ESBC V Le Page Park Chisholm Reserve
Mackie V Washington Park Mackie Rd Res
West Bentleigh V Kingston Heath Bailey Park
ROUND 6 Nov 28 & Dec 5 VENUE
LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V Le Page Park Lords Res No 2
Elwood V Bentleigh Uniting Elwood Pk No 1
Bentleigh ANA V Washington Park King George No 1
ESBC V Kingston Heath Chisholm Reserve
Mackie V Omega Mackie Rd Res
West Bentleigh V Brighton Union Bailey Park
ROUND 7 Dec 12 & 19 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Omega V Bentleigh ANA Bricker Reserve
Brighton Union V ESBC Hurlingham No 1
Kingston Heath V Carnegie South Southern Reserve
Washington Park V Elwood Packer Reserve
Le Page Park V Mackie Le Page Park No1
Bentleigh Uniting V West Bentleigh Bailey Park
ROUND 8 Jan 9 &16 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Omega V West Bentleigh Bricker Reserve
Elwood V ESBC Elwood Pk No 1
Bentleigh ANA V Le Page Park King George No 1
Washington Park V Brighton Union Packer Reserve
Mackie V Kingston Heath Mackie Rd Res
Bentleigh Uniting V Carnegie South Centenary Park
ROUND 9 Jan 23 & 30 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V Mackie Lords Res No 2
Brighton Union V Bentleigh ANA Hurlingham No 1
Kingston Heath V Elwood Southern Reserve
ESBC V Bentleigh Uniting Chisholm Reserve
Le Page Park V Omega Le Page Park No1
West Bentleigh V Washington Park Victory Park No 1
ROUND 10 Feb 6 & 13 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Omega V Elwood Bricker Reserve
Brighton Union V Carnegie South Hurlingham No 1
Kingston Heath V Le Page Park Southern Reserve
Washington Park V Bentleigh Uniting Packer Reserve
Mackie V Bentleigh ANA Mackie Rd Res
West Bentleigh V ESBC Victory Park No 1
ROUND 11 Feb 20 & 27 VENUE

LONGMUIR SHIELD
Carnegie South V West Bentleigh Lords Res No 2
Elwood V Mackie Elwood Pk No 1
Bentleigh ANA V Kingston Heath King George No 1
ESBC V Washington Park Chisholm Reserve
Le Page Park V Brighton Union Le Page Park No1
Bentleigh Uniting V Omega Centenary Park

Any idea on how long before the rest of the competition will see a fixture?

Brady Rd;358368 said:
Our website has never gone into recess.
The CMCA website has not added our link so to check it out go to bentleighuniting.vic.cricket.com.au

Our website has never gone into recess.
The CMCA website has not added our link so to check it out go to bentleighuniting.vic.cricket.com.au

Brady,

What's the difference between recess or update?
Your web site may be still on the screen ''so to speak ''but has had no action since last season.
Could be one of the better one's if more attention is given, hopefully you'll take care of that ?
ANA's web site is the best by far, there're extremely lucky to have such dedicated people to maintain and control it, puts others to shame really.
As i've said before, most pro-acticve clubs or organisations should be prepared to pay an administrator to run their web site if they haven't got any volunteers or computer nouse. You cannot convince me that the CMCA could not afford to pay a professional web site administrator to run the show, its about time they lift their game.
Can someone tell us, what would it cost to run the CMCA'S web site for the season?
It should be a paid job anyway !!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

CLOCKER;358433 said:
No thankfully, although I was thinking the same about you with all the time you were spending at the spacious 88.8 studios.I was concerned that you would do irreversible damage to your golden voice box. How is the golf going? Hope you are still hitting them well.:eek:

Glad to hear it Clock man and fair comment on "time spent" issue. You have clearly never played gold with me though as it has been and remains a hard taskmaster for me. Perhaps Leroy could assist?
Nice work on the draw release also Clocker.

Jimmy Olson;358741 said:
Glad to hear it Clock man and fair comment on "time spent" issue. You have clearly never played gold with me though as it has been and remains a hard taskmaster for me. Perhaps Leroy could assist?
Nice work on the draw release also Clocker.

Mate the way I play golf, you wouldn't be asking for my help.

Well, Well , Well ( 3 holes in the ground )

We have a longy fixture to get our teeth into but the Uncle Mick less website still produces nothing.Your not still negiotating your huge web master's salary are you UM?

Have the JGG papers been endorsed or is there still a chance that the Essendon war bonds or the poloiticians gold card could retain him at the highway?

An interesting first up journey with a clash with Liam Gallagher's mob from the Oasis.Could be a battle of the heavy weights and will be interesting to see how Capt B handles his troops.

The gold caps to unfurl the flag against best buddies Adam's mob will be an interesting clash as they were the last one's to de throne them in a finals match.

Those new Congress members can barely wait to sit around the oval office table with barrack and listen to how they will do things!Although the new new man from the Golf club won't take any of Barrack's nonsense!

Arch the sort of cabbage to run a website could be as cheap as $500 or could shoot up to $2,000 with regular input and bells and whistles.UM could be somewhere in between but a signature on the dooted line could be like master card........................ priceless

Well the days are getting longer and warmer as the footy rolls onto that one day in Sept and that one day in October when the red cherry comes out swinging like a pommy pie chucker!!

Jimmy how do you play Gold, is it with yellow clubs?Have you signed up anyone for your sports show or should Archie and I come in for an audition?

I am still waiting on confirmation of some movement at the station as the colt from old regret looks to move to a new pasture...... Stay tuned!!!

Any movement on our English pro being snapped up?

Time for bed ............. until next time Merlot

Blairy stop thinking about it!

For all the forumsters worried about the cmca website I have it on good authority that a new or an improved website will be hopefully up and running within a few weeks. Question though, why do you worry about a lack of info from cmca when you can get all you need on the big cricket site!!!!!!:)

excuse my ignorance, but im new.
who is barrack?
im presuming its a nickname for one of the cmca power brokers, phil cox or john kelly perhaps?
thanks

Merlot a good drop;358971 said:
Well, Well , Well ( 3 holes in the ground )

We have a longy fixture to get our teeth into but the Uncle Mick less website still produces nothing.Your not still negiotating your huge web master's salary are you UM?

Have the JGG papers been endorsed or is there still a chance that the Essendon war bonds or the poloiticians gold card could retain him at the highway?

An interesting first up journey with a clash with Liam Gallagher's mob from the Oasis.Could be a battle of the heavy weights and will be interesting to see how Capt B handles his troops.

The gold caps to unfurl the flag against best buddies Adam's mob will be an interesting clash as they were the last one's to de throne them in a finals match.

Those new Congress members can barely wait to sit around the oval office table with barrack and listen to how they will do things!Although the new new man from the Golf club won't take any of Barrack's nonsense!

Arch the sort of cabbage to run a website could be as cheap as $500 or could shoot up to $2,000 with regular input and bells and whistles.UM could be somewhere in between but a signature on the dooted line could be like master card........................ priceless

Well the days are getting longer and warmer as the footy rolls onto that one day in Sept and that one day in October when the red cherry comes out swinging like a pommy pie chucker!!

Jimmy how do you play Gold, is it with yellow clubs?Have you signed up anyone for your sports show or should Archie and I come in for an audition?

I am still waiting on confirmation of some movement at the station as the colt from old regret looks to move to a new pasture...... Stay tuned!!!

Any movement on our English pro being snapped up?

Time for bed ............. until next time Merlot

Blairy stop thinking about it!

As you well know Merlot, Archie was a doyen of the Southern Sport team and is always welcome back. With your vast knowledge and willingness/propensity to share your views and opinions you would, no doubt, be a valuuable addition. In the meantime we have had a couple of signings to take over the Winter season.

just been informed by a reliable source telling me
one Ashley Bott was spotted at Moorabbin West pre season training yesterday morning down at oakleigh indoor.
can anyone confirm or deny this info

Clint,

Will need to educate you but the laws of libel in this country prevent me from naming particular people but you are on the right track just stick with us.

Jimmy,

You must be hanging around too much with Blairy as Archie tells me he has come up with the same dead end on Archie's identity and has accused the same person you have nominated as Archie.He is not the one I drink on the boundary line with and having known him for many years I haven't heard him over the airways!

Centralblueboys

Welcome a bit of new talent is emerging but you are stepping on dangerous ground just as Old Merl did several months ago when suggesting the B bros were leaving the oasis for the desert.

I expect you will get the same treatment from the bigger B brother or he will make a guest appearance on the forum and give us a detailed explanation with or without the vitriol.

Uncle Mick,

I have it on very good authority that as we speak there has been testing on a new or updated website likely from a new provider with a femine touch from out west, not Highett!

No word on how the west was won or the success of the pilot study but more importantly, how is your application going to procure the golden business card UM web master?

Adam,

A shamefull performance by the Go Dees and these picks better be worth the short term pain for the long term return to the Golden years of the 50's & 60's.

How is your training going at Clayton and when are we likely to view our first youtube show with the tribunal chairman elect continuing on with his logie winning form of last year.

Anyway must be off as I have an early morning appointment with the big bird at Tullamarine as I jet off to look after some of my overseas financial interests.If the laptop survives the journey I will attempt to stay in touch

auvoir.................... until next time..........................Merlot

My understanding is your spies are in the know, Merl. Though no official rejection, my offer was forwarded on by Mr.Adamson to another whom I was told is looking after the website this season. There is an air of excitement about the possibility of a well maintained website as I believe this person to be a good operator.

News coming through from the President of the hooped ones of a proposed "say" T20 competition for the Bayside community. The following was the crux of the email:
Brighton Union proposes to run a 20/20 competition on say a Wednesday night (fortnightly) between City of Bayside clubs that only play in the CMCA. We propose say seven home & away games (each team playing each other once) and a final between the top two teams.
Clubs invited by the Unionites are; Cheltenham Park, Cluden, East Sandringham Boys Club, Hampton Central, Hampton United, Highett West & Moorabbin West.

Seems to me to be a great idea. An extension on the old "Battle of the Baysides".

looking forward to having a hit in that t20 comp actually against some quality longy sides.
would be good for the competition aswell, and good for club revenue with all canteens open and a few drinks after the game.

Only problem is that it will be a 4pm or 4:30pm start im guessing? as these games go for 3 hours. 7/7:30 would be a good time to finish.

cant be finishing at 8 or so because the light might be good some weeks, terrible others.

but some of the best players in the comp might not be able to play, as most people finish work at 5 or so.

any info on start times and the like UM, or is it just a proposal at this stage?

No mention of start times, champ. I'd be one of those who might struggle with the early starts, however might be able to get away from work early on a few occasions to participate. Gerenal consensus from our gorup so far is all positive. Hopefully it grows legs.

Hey guys,
New to the site, from very compelling reading specifically Merlot and also Uncle and Brett's budding then diminishing love/hate relationship.
Anyway thought a good point regarding the competition would be, Who do you think the more damaging players for each side (Longmuir and Woolnough) would be?
Interested in everyones opinion.

ontherise;359597 said:
Hey guys,
New to the site, from very compelling reading specifically Merlot and also Uncle and Brett's budding then diminishing love/hate relationship.
Anyway thought a good point regarding the competition would be, Who do you think the more damaging players for each side (Longmuir and Woolnough) would be?
Interested in everyones opinion.

Thank you Otherise, secretly Uncle Mick really really likes me but deep down i don't give a stuff. Should be another big year in the CMCA with alot of changes.

To answer your question i have a few players that i consider match winners.

Mikko (ANA)
Surridge (BUCC)
Delac (BUCC) with the bat
Ano (Elwood)
McConchie (Le page)
Krotofil (Mackie)
Dallas (ESBC)

The rest can please themselves they probably lack a X factor, someone who can win them games IMO.

Anyway gotta go, i have a nice hot cup of Horlicks waiting for me.

Greetings from over here a little jet lagged but had a bit of time to kill before meeting with the financiers and the trusty laptop was able to fire up trouble free.

Uncle Mick,

Nice to see my impeccable sources are as good as usual but I still want to see that flashing neon sign on the the front of the new improved web page...

Uncle Mick web Master

On the rise,

Another new comer but unless you have delved back into long ago posts there has been no love hate relationship for quite some time.

Could someone please tell you know who that the alphabet as reported here some time ago has moved on for more cabbage alledgely!

Bottsy thought we might have had some reply by now about the young colt from old oasis town but we are patient for you to fill us in.

Merl's had a bit of experience following this new t20 concept and have actually scored for a northern suburbs team and with daylight saving and reasonable skies have usually been able to consume the last of the 6 pack before darkness and the last ball have been bowled.

Until I am back in the land of OZ..................................Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back