Cmca 2012/13

Nice try, SB. East Sandy have not thrown cash at either Russel brothers. Clearly trying to cause a stir and good luck with that.

We haven't paid for a high price recruit since Jon Anderson in the mid 80s. We were reluctant to do so even to get Luke back but we decided it would be the right thing to do to try and get a homegrown (sort of) player back at the club. Out of respect for Luke, I'm not going to go into figures discussed but I can tell you one thing that is fact, what we half discussed with Luke was nowhere near Uniting's offer that "was too good not to accept".
Good one Marto, are you serious when you say he is home grown, he has played about 30 games with you blokes and you pinched him from Edi Asp. I also presume you think all the other players you pinched from Chelt park, highett west to name a few are home grown as well.
If we knew Manders was on the move we might have had a crack and would not feel we took one of your home grown boys.

How much did it cost bent. Uniting to choke and lose the flag last year.
Must be annoying to spend heaps and get jack shit in return.
Geez I laugh if they crumbled again during the coming finals.
Old big chin would be spewing at wasting his money on losers again, after all he is a loser too.

Geez the young up and
Comers at uniting must be pissed off if manders is joining them. Where is the clubs future at after manders takes a spot of another young kid. Only for Luke to leave after his 3 year $24000 contract runs out. Uniting you are a joke of a club and if I was a young cricketer there I'd be looking elsewhere for a taste of longmuir

Hi Barney :)), nice to hear from you!

I don't buy for a second the theory that "it's great for the competition that Bentleigh Uniting is raising the bar, and it's up to the other clubs to follow suit". Putting it simply, this is a metro park cricket comeptition. Yes most clubs have thrown a few dollars around to grab a decent player to set the standard from their previous district histories etc, ANA included, but this is getting out of line.

The dollar figures are absurd, and yes it may be creative with 3rd party deals such as apprenticeships and cars etc, but in the end we're almost at EPL status with this competition where we are making top 4 in the top grade is the achievement.

It's not good for the competition.

I don't buy for a second the theory that "it's great for the competition that Bentleigh Uniting is raising the bar, and it's up to the other clubs to follow suit". Putting it simply, this is a metro park cricket comeptition. Yes most clubs have thrown a few dollars around to grab a decent player to set the standard from their previous district histories etc, ANA included, but this is getting out of line.

The dollar figures are absurd, and yes it may be creative with 3rd party deals such as apprenticeships and cars etc, but in the end we're almost at EPL status with this competition where we are making top 4 in the top grade is the achievement.

It's not good for the competition.

Wowee, Come on Adam.

Your coming across a little bitter, as you said your club has been guilty of the same in the past big Keith was not cheap!! But now your club has fallen off the pace, financially, socially & performance wise you want the field to be even pegging.
What people need to understand is that time evolves and things change, Cricket Club's are no longer just Cricket Clubs, there social clubs and places for family's to spend there weekend............that said some clubs excel at all 3 of the areas i highlighted some can't manage to do 1 well, those clubs who are well run and work hard why should they not strive to improve, if they have connections or extra money because the social revenue coming in is greater then the expendature why not use it to get performances up so there supporters can bask in some success??
What else can hard earned savings be spent on? Club house rennovations? (no need when the council update club houses and the club houses are shared between football clubs) spend there money on Holidays?? (no) so what would you spend it on Adam? I know at Union we have paid some players in our time but ourselves and our members don't want for much just success!!

God Bless

Barney your a mouth just like your mate Marto
Your true colours are coming out.
I 'm sure the whole comp are looking forward to playing you shit blokes next season .
Let's hope your still not running backwards like this season

Wowee, Come on Adam.

Your coming across a little bitter, as you said your club has been guilty of the same in the past big Keith was not cheap!! But now your club has fallen off the pace, financially, socially & performance wise you want the field to be even pegging.
What people need to understand is that time evolves and things change, Cricket Club's are no longer just Cricket Clubs, there social clubs and places for family's to spend there weekend............that said some clubs excel at all 3 of the areas i highlighted some can't manage to do 1 well, those clubs who are well run and work hard why should they not strive to improve, if they have connections or extra money because the social revenue coming in is greater then the expendature why not use it to get performances up so there supporters can bask in some success??
What else can hard earned savings be spent on? Club house rennovations? (no need when the council update club houses and the club houses are shared between football clubs) spend there money on Holidays?? (no) so what would you spend it on Adam? I know at Union we have paid some players in our time but ourselves and our members don't want for much just success!!

God Bless

Mr Speaker, the Honorable member has made quite a few valid points however he has once again demonstrated to his propensity to speak without thinking. It was the Royals that inflicted the only home and away defeat against Uniting in two seasons. The Royals ended the season in fifth position after struggling early in the season. The Hoops with their Grand final loss fresh in their minds imploded as a club with their on field performances in Longmuir being sub standard and then in the lower grades where the Hoops were deplorable. Only a Labor man could argue ' What else can hard earned savings be spent on'.
Mr speaker I would suggest that instead of thinking of ways to spend the hard earned subs of members/players; that he perhaps consider reducing the costs and reduce the burden upon members who after all are the back bone of any club.

From the archives of Yes Prime Minister:
Sir Humphrey: "Taxation isn't about what you need."
Jim Hacker: "Oh, what is it about?"
Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, the Treasury doesn't work out what they need to spend and then think how to raise the money."
Jim Hacker: "What does it do?"
Sir Humphrey: "They pitch for as much as they think they can get away with and then think what to spend it on."

Mr Speaker, the Honorable member has made quite a few valid points however he has once again demonstrated to his propensity to speak without thinking. It was the Royals that inflicted the only home and away defeat against Uniting in two seasons. The Royals ended the season in fifth position after struggling early in the season. The Hoops with their Grand final loss fresh in their minds imploded as a club with their on field performances in Longmuir being sub standard and then in the lower grades where the Hoops were deplorable. Only a Labor man could argue ' What else can hard earned savings be spent on'.
Mr speaker I would suggest that instead of thinking of ways to spend the hard earned subs of members/players; that he perhaps consider reducing the costs and reduce the burden upon members who after all are the back bone of any club.

From the archives of Yes Prime Minister:
Sir Humphrey: "Taxation isn't about what you need."
Jim Hacker: "Oh, what is it about?"
Sir Humphrey: "Prime Minister, the Treasury doesn't work out what they need to spend and then think how to raise the money."
Jim Hacker: "What does it do?"
Sir Humphrey: "They pitch for as much as they think they can get away with and then think what to spend it on."

A lot of people have made many valid points. But i too can't believe the money spent on players, clubs going out and getting imports to try and be competitive. Short term helps out a little. Long term kills the club because you lose focus on juniors. Brighton C of C, now merged with East Brighton, Washington Park for 20 years and not great results, Elwood through the 80's & 90's without great success, ANA through the 80's, 90's with trying to be competitive, clubs just trying to survive in Longmuir Shield without any Premiership or finals success, the list just keeps going on.
As was mentioned it is just park cricket, and the standard has dropped considerably since the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. But there is more money being spent now. I'm glad i've finished playing and directly involved in the competition. I now watch cricket wherever it takes me and observe from afar. I'm glad i just concentrate on junior kids trying to get them to their potential and play for the love of the game.

Anyone able to confirm the Holmesy to Carnegie South rumour?

My spies also tell me Rohan Schreier is back at Widdop Crescent. Should add some stability to an at times meek batting line up.

Good one Marto, are you serious when you say he is home grown, he has played about 30 games with you blokes and you pinched him from Edi Asp. I also presume you think all the other players you pinched from Chelt park, highett west to name a few are home grown as well.
If we knew Manders was on the move we might have had a crack and would not feel we took one of your home grown boys.

Hence the "sort of" in brackets. A club champion and multiple premiership player. Would have been good to get him back.

Barney your a mouth just like your mate Marto
Your true colours are coming out.
I 'm sure the whole comp are looking forward to playing you shit blokes next season .
Let's hope your still not running backwards like this season

Yeah, you tell him, Casper!!

After reaching the finals in season 2011/12, The Burwood Cricket Club, affiliated with the Eastern Cricket Association, and currently playing in A grade turf competition, is seeking applicants for the position of Senior Professional Player for season 2012/13.
The role may make itself available to involvement in the leadership group within the club’s 1st XI.
With an established off field support structure and solid junior program we now seek the experience and skills of a quality top order batsman to help take the club one step further.
The ideal candidate will possess:
    1. The willingness to embrace and develop the club’s on and off field culture
    2. Experience and accomplishments at a comparable standard of cricket
    3. A passion to be part of a strong team and winning culture
    4. A commitment to pre season, and strong work ethic during the season
    5. A temperament to bat long periods and work with our developing batsmen
Remuneration and length of contract will be negotiated based on the level of experience and playing record of each applicant.
Applications should be emailed to the Director of Cricket at dmp@hagerbr.com.au
All applications are strictly confidential and close on June 15th 2012.

Anyone able to confirm the Holmesy to Carnegie South rumour?

My spies also tell me Rohan Schreier is back at Widdop Crescent. Should add some stability to an at times meek batting line up.

Have you seen Rohan bat? Stability n Schreier don't fit in the same sentence!! Even Rohan would admit he throws his wicket away by been to aggressive!!

Have you seen Rohan bat? Stability n Schreier don't fit in the same sentence!! Even Rohan would admit he throws his wicket away by been to aggressive!!

Brett, do you know yet whether you will be returning to Australia for the upcoming cricket season, and if so whether you will be returning to Uniting or taking up one of the many coaching roles on offer?

Yes we have in the range of 20-25 coaches ATM, every junior side has a coach, not just a playing junior parent as coach a active senior player, also a dietitian coach, a fitness coach, a monopoly coach yes that's right.....buckets, shag, bris, egg & Peter manakis play monopoly regularly its very competitive as it'S all about the $$$$$ so we have a coach for that.
Damian Britt has a coach similar to the movie Hitch because Damien can't always count on his looks he does have to talk, so the list goes on.....would you like a coach yourself 'North' you hidden cowboy warrior???
People seem to offer there services to coach for nothing at good clubs!

News Highlights All Current News | News Archive
CMCA Club Champions 2012 updated May 6, 2012

Bentleigh Uniting has again won the prestiges Club Champion award.
Awarded to the strongest and best performed club through out senior and junior grades.
This is the 11th time Uniting has won the award in the past 20 years. A CMCA Record.
Well done to all at the club, from the Under 12 boys right up to our Longmuir lads.
Well deserved recognition

I think this sums the situation up very clearly to the Uniting knockers.
They are the pinicle at the moment, if clubs want to stand around and whinge about their success, then do something about it within your own club. As East and ANA proved, they can be beaten but it takes a special effort on the day. Awards like this go along way to enticing players to the club, especially juniors as their parents want them involved in a successful organisation.
Clubs that just tread water will eventually find themselves relegated at some stage, its been happening for ever, so get over it, and be bold enough to have a crack, on and off the field.

Back