Colac and District Cricket Association, Victoria

chiefcharger

Colac and District Cricket Association, Victoria

Stoneyford, Alvie, Colac, Colac West, Irrewarra, Cressy, Deans Marsh, Apollo Bay, Tomahawk Creek, Beeac, Otway, Coragulac, Warrion, City United, Birregurra are the sides who compete in the Colac and District Cricket Association in southwest Victoria. Any one who would like to know the goings on at any of the clubs or want to find out how old mates or clubs are going, this is the place. Cheers@|

Re: Colac and District Cricket Assoiciation, Victoria

chiefcharger;216587 said:
Stoneyford, Alvie, Colac, Colac West, Irrewarra, Cressy, Deans Marsh, Apollo Bay, Tomahawk Creek, Beeac, Otway, Coragulac, Warrion, City United, Birregurra are the sides who compete in the Colac and District Cricket Association in southwest Victoria. Any one who would like to know the goings on at any of the clubs or want to find out how old mates or clubs are going, this is the place. Cheers@|

in three weeks hutch i will bounce you out!!!

thefastest;269903 said:
in three weeks hutch i will bounce you out!!!

ooo already a bit of tension! lol so what else is news around the traps? heard dave jackson 2 irrewarra, stuey sutherland to colac and jake gillam 2 bay. then mick kenneady, aaron degraff and shane mcnamara have all moved on to higher levels. who will be the front runners this season?, alvie will keep the same side as last year, and will be a force again whilst stoneyford have lost a couple, with shane mcnamara who,word is, departed to prahan, the most notable. will still be 'thereabouts'. City have lost jackson, but have signed matt nelson from deans marsh. with an impressing crop of youngsters they will be another side who will be around finals time. Irrewarra will miss kenneady in that number 3 position and might take a few rounds to re-structure their batting line up. colac have been bolstered by the return of allrounder stuart sutherland, but will miss paceman degraff, who has departed to geelong. should be another side on the fringe of finals. apollo bay is a bit of an unknown after finishing last. Although have recruited paceman casey lang, star allrounder ben knight returning and otway seamer jake gillam. This could make them a very dangerous side. colac west and warrion are the two i cant really see making the finals. dave lineen and paul scoble will have to have special seasons at west, as will the likes of xavier prime, lokie inglis and terry mroweic having to do the same at warrion. anyways thats my analysis of things, 'thefastest' and 'chiefcharger', get some of your mates on here and get this thread going! should be a very even and interesting season which means there will be alot of opinions and games to discuss! ;):D

stiffyjohncock2;269942 said:
ooo already a bit of tension! lol so what else is news around the traps? heard dave jackson 2 irrewarra, stuey sutherland to colac and jake gillam 2 bay. then mick kenneady, aaron degraff and shane mcnamara have all moved on to higher levels. who will be the front runners this season?, alvie will keep the same side as last year, and will be a force again whilst stoneyford have lost a couple, with shane mcnamara who,word is, departed to prahan, the most notable. will still be 'thereabouts'. City have lost jackson, but have signed matt nelson from deans marsh. with an impressing crop of youngsters they will be another side who will be around finals time. Irrewarra will miss kenneady in that number 3 position and might take a few rounds to re-structure their batting line up. colac have been bolstered by the return of allrounder stuart sutherland, but will miss paceman degraff, who has departed to geelong. should be another side on the fringe of finals. apollo bay is a bit of an unknown after finishing last. Although have recruited paceman casey lang, star allrounder ben knight returning and otway seamer jake gillam. This could make them a very dangerous side. colac west and warrion are the two i cant really see making the finals. dave lineen and paul scoble will have to have special seasons at west, as will the likes of xavier prime, lokie inglis and terry mroweic having to do the same at warrion. anyways thats my analysis of things, 'thefastest' and 'chiefcharger', get some of your mates on here and get this thread going! should be a very even and interesting season which means there will be alot of opinions and games to discuss! ;):D

not sure if i agree with your views on city they will be struggling for a side early with some plays moving on to other things and some not able to play the first few games. but do have the cattle to fill these spots...

thefastest;270244 said:
not sure if i agree with your views on city they will be struggling for a side early with some plays moving on to other things and some not able to play the first few games. but do have the cattle to fill these spots...

yeh thats the reason i rekon they will still be up there. they got great depth through the ranks and great kids. a real leader in the way they develop their juniors. heard stoney are struggling for an under 16 team? any truth in that chief?

stiffyjohncock2;270323 said:
yeh thats the reason i rekon they will still be up there. they got great depth through the ranks and great kids. a real leader in the way they develop their juniors. heard stoney are struggling for an under 16 team? any truth in that chief?

i heard that to. there top side are struggling aswell, the club may struggle though out all devisions. wat do ya reckon chiefy?

thefastest;270465 said:
i heard that to. there top side are struggling aswell, the club may struggle though out all devisions. wat do ya reckon chiefy?

yeh they are struggling for a 16's side, nick black out for year with a pin in his elbow. umm the seniors rnt 2 bad. the loss of shagger mcnamara is a huge loss but still have the likes of bruar, mooney, dale boyd and tim mcnamara will be back after year 12 exams. have cut the division 3 side, which will make there be strong competition for spots in just the 2 grades.
r u at city "thefastest"? how are they looking?

chiefcharger;270609 said:
yeh they are struggling for a 16's side, nick black out for year with a pin in his elbow. umm the seniors rnt 2 bad. the loss of shagger mcnamara is a huge loss but still have the likes of bruar, mooney, dale boyd and tim mcnamara will be back after year 12 exams. have cut the division 3 side, which will make there be strong competition for spots in just the 2 grades.
r u at city "thefastest"? how are they looking?

no i am not at city. i would never play there. even with your 3rds team been cut i dont think ur precsious stoney will be much good there hutch. with the loss of mcnamara yous are stuffed

thefastest;271076 said:
no i am not at city. i would never play there. even with your 3rds team been cut i dont think ur precsious stoney will be much good there hutch. with the loss of mcnamara yous are stuffed

who ya play 4 then? yeh it is a big loss... and we have a fair few away at the start of the year so we will prob struggle first up. how bout bay eh? premiership, wooden spoon and now look on the hunt for another premiership! lol.

chiefcharger;271212 said:
who ya play 4 then? yeh it is a big loss... and we have a fair few away at the start of the year so we will prob struggle first up. how bout bay eh? premiership, wooden spoon and now look on the hunt for another premiership! lol.

stoney had a win on the w.e chiefy? grant brauer again instrumental wit 70 odd...

chiefcharger;271212 said:

who cares about the bay they only played colac and it was down at the bay you'd expect them to win. and im supprised stoney had a win. but then again the panthers not that strong again

thefastest;271506 said:
who cares about the bay they only played colac and it was down at the bay you'd expect them to win. and im supprised stoney had a win. but then again the panthers not that strong again

yeh stoney were the surprise packet. take brauer out and they r stuffed tho!
another surprise was city's win over alvie. although i predicted city to do well this year, i didnt think they would topple the swannies!:eek:

stiffyjohncock2;271819 said:
yeh stoney were the surprise packet. take brauer out and they r stuffed tho!
another surprise was city's win over alvie. although i predicted city to do well this year, i didnt think they would topple the swannies!:eek:

hmm that also was a supprise. i would think alvie should bounce back against stoney though. stoneys bowling attack a bit short after openers and i would think alvie could expose that. also good to see a high scoring game at the bay on da weekend. pretty good for round one.

thefastest;271901 said:
hmm that also was a supprise. i would think alvie should bounce back against stoney though. stoneys bowling attack a bit short after openers and i would think alvie could expose that. also good to see a high scoring game at the bay on da weekend. pretty good for round one.

well lets look at stoneys bowling line up. Matt Boyd- not the quikest but deadly accurate and able 2 frustrate players out, Levi Dare- leathal. tall, quik and intimidating, he has a huge presence about him, Grant Brauer- One of the premier bowlers in the comp, he is not the fastest but puts it on that length that it is very difficult to go forward or back, John Boyd- veteren slow bowler who sets up his batsmen with flighted swing bowling, Jordan Keast- Young and talented but inexperienced having played his 1st A Grade game last round, got taken after by Mick Leahy last weekend so i heard. Scott Wilson- the skipper bowls wippy leg spin but uses himself sparingly, Dale Boyd- part time off spinner but has shown he can pick up crucial break through's when needed.

now alvie. Jake McGuane- one bowler in the comp who i have not seen much of but by all acounts is leathaly quick. league leading wicket taker last season with 47 wickets, can win a match by himself. Josh Vagg- Young medium fast bowler with a good future ahead of him, bowled well last week but stoneyfords top order will try keep McGuane out and go after him.
Mitch Brown- another youngster, got carted last round but ill back him if he is still in the side, he will turn it around. another A Grade first gamer in round 1. Chris McKay- talented spinner who is still elligable for juniors. like Vagg, he is part of a talented group of alvie juniors filtering up into 1sts this season. then there is the veteren duo of Ray Speirs and Jeff Parker, compliment the very young bowling attack well and will point them in the right direction.

Should be a great battle with stoney looking to make up for last years embarasing semi final loss to the swannies... stoney just at this stage but if goonan comes in for alvie it may be different

stiffyjohncock2;272108 said:
well lets look at stoneys bowling line up. Matt Boyd- not the quikest but deadly accurate and able 2 frustrate players out, Levi Dare- leathal. tall, quik and intimidating, he has a huge presence about him, Grant Brauer- One of the premier bowlers in the comp, he is not the fastest but puts it on that length that it is very difficult to go forward or back, John Boyd- veteren slow bowler who sets up his batsmen with flighted swing bowling, Jordan Keast- Young and talented but inexperienced having played his 1st A Grade game last round, got taken after by Mick Leahy last weekend so i heard. Scott Wilson- the skipper bowls wippy leg spin but uses himself sparingly, Dale Boyd- part time off spinner but has shown he can pick up crucial break through's when needed.

now alvie. Jake McGuane- one bowler in the comp who i have not seen much of but by all acounts is leathaly quick. league leading wicket taker last season with 47 wickets, can win a match by himself. Josh Vagg- Young medium fast bowler with a good future ahead of him, bowled well last week but stoneyfords top order will try keep McGuane out and go after him.
Mitch Brown- another youngster, got carted last round but ill back him if he is still in the side, he will turn it around. another A Grade first gamer in round 1. Chris McKay- talented spinner who is still elligable for juniors. like Vagg, he is part of a talented group of alvie juniors filtering up into 1sts this season. then there is the veteren duo of Ray Speirs and Jeff Parker, compliment the very young bowling attack well and will point them in the right direction.

Should be a great battle with stoney looking to make up for last years embarasing semi final loss to the swannies... stoney just at this stage but if goonan comes in for alvie it may be different

well thats very thorough but i have a few things to say, jordan "hutchy" keast shouldnt be playing and he probly will get taken to again like most of his games, he is not A grade standard and never will be. alvie cricket club on the other hand will be strengthened with the return of Andre delorenzo and mick groves in future weeks.

thefastest;272192 said:
well thats very thorough but i have a few things to say, jordan "hutchy" keast shouldnt be playing and he probly will get taken to again like most of his games, he is not A grade standard and never will be. alvie cricket club on the other hand will be strengthened with the return of Andre delorenzo and mick groves in future weeks.

bit harsh bout keasty... why dont u reveal yaself and we will have a poll of who is better?

gimp_patrol;272233 said:
bit harsh bout keasty... why dont u reveal yaself and we will have a poll of who is better?

i wont be revealing myself as if is against forum rules

Back