Cric Info Fantasy League!

Stumped

Cric Info Fantasy League!

come one! taken the lead and with only two of my players actually scoring points!

Re: Cric Info Fantasy League!

I've given up on Joe Denly already... as me and Mas Cambios already established, picking him in our fantasy teams is a death knell for the poor guy's career. It's only a few weeks into the season and already I've had to make seven changes!

7?? You only get 20 don't you??

I dropped Kaneria at the start cos he's not coming over for a few weeks yet. For some reason Harris isn't playing, and Mushie is injured atm so I might change them around.

Yeah, well I had to get rid of Plunkett because he's injured for most of the season. Joe Denly went because he's suffered the fantasy team curse and lost all form, Ryan Ten Doeschate hasn't had a great start, so I swapped him for Tim Bresnan, and Graham Hick got injured so I swapped him for HD Ackerman. I juggled a couple of changes so I had a slightly better fourth bowler as well. Barring injuries etc, I'm hoping I shouldn't need to make too many more.

Made a few changes as well, not sure how much of a difference they'll make though.

If anyone fancies doing the Eng vs NZ fantasy league in the telegraph let me know as it's free. Already have a league set up with a few of my friends so you're all welcome to join.

I'm on the NZ v England one at cricinfo, one fantasy team site is more than enough to confuse me at the moment :p

Nightvision, I've stuck with Denly and Tendo for now but Ackerman and Bresnan look to be good calls. I swapped Harris for McLaren and now Harris is playing again!!! I have to say, I'm tempted to get Tresco in there somehow.

Yeah, my only regret so far was making the mistake of assuming it was Hamish and not James Marshall that was playing for New Zealand this summer, and therefore changing him, only to watch him knock 141 in his first game.
Pretty pleased to see Graham Onions take 8 wickets as well - figured with Ottis Gibson gone this season and Harmy being a strike bowler, he'd be getting plenty of overs, and doesn't seem too likely to buggar off with the England squad any time soon.
HD Ackerman is always a good source of runs, but you're right - Tresco is indeed tempting, but I'd have to juggle players around again, and it's probably best I don't use all my changes in the first month! The only problem I'm having is finding a decent Wicketkeeper that won't cost the earth.

Yeah, Onions was an option. I went for Jordan instead on the basis he could score runs too.

Keeping wise, I thought Mark Wallace at Glamorgan was a good steal at 70k. Most of the others were too expensive or unlikely to get a game.

Yeah, looks like a good pick that. I had a good look at Matt Prior, but hesitated when he got the England squad recall - then he goes and bloody well knocks hundreds left right and centre. I'm thinking about adding him in, but knowing my luck Ambrose will get injured and Prior will get selected for England.

I need a new batsman as well - I thought Durham's Kyle Coetzer was a snip at 55000, as he usually gets a game, but I'm reconsidering after watching him get <10 runs for six consecutive innings. Perhaps Cricinfo knew something I didn't there.

Still, I have 13 changes left, and I'm mostly happy with my team now, so injuries are likely to be the only reason I'll make changes after this batch, and I'd have to have spectacularly bad luck for 10 or more of my players to be injured for long periods of time.

I've set up a County 20Twenty league for all you fantasy team nuts out there. Just PM me your emails and I'll add you.

Hmmm, my charge up the table continues. I'm now only 100pts off the top of the league - not bad considering I was almost 1000 behind fairly recently! Tim Bresnan has worked wonders for me, and HD Ackerman isn't doing badly either... I've just got to work out who to replace Kyle Coetzer with!

Back