Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Re: Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Ritchie;404124 said:
Word is there was going to be a mass exodus of their quality young guys if Jack remained in charge. A lot of their young blokes believed to not have been happy with not getting a go particularly in the GF. Will be very interesting to see where Jack heads, my mail is that he leaves Bunton Park, maybe a new challemge is what he needs and perhaps his mate Marmo is already in his ear to head to Albury :D

Also heard that current district cricketer of the year (Mark Purtell) will defend his title and move with Middo to Raiders where i believe Ben Stewart will also be playing this year......sorry New City not sure you guys are aware of this!

Lavington will be disappointed with both Dylan Wedding and his brother and Sam O'Connor moving to Albury as well.....who else will depart the Panther Dome?

Word on the street is a possible move to the Wangaratta comp for Jack although a few of Jacks MATES at Nth have been chatting with him about him stayin at Nth.

Short and Fast;404154 said:
doubt jack would play under marmo, two big of an ego.

Dylan Weeding and Sam O'Connor leaving Lavi? firstly they arent brothers, secondly - i doubt they would leave when the club is starting to have some good success. if true, must have had a huge fallout. i no that sam was angry that juniors werent getting a good go, but i doubt he would leave after putting so much into the club. might have to check your sourses ritch:)

Hey short and fast settle down old mate, if you read my post properly you will see that i mention "Dylan Weeding and his brother AND Sam O'Connor". I don't know Dylans brothers name and didn't know he had one but if they are staying at Lavy well and good....i guess only time will tell if my "sources" are correct or not.:cool:

Its Honestly Middo;404160 said:
Word on the street is a possible move to the Wangaratta comp for Jack although a few of Jacks MATES at Nth have been chatting with him about him stayin at Nth.

What about the Purt rumour Middo?:confused:

Garry Elliot may not be @ Albury apparently he lives down Benella way & will be playing there . Cam Furse to retire? Wayne Hawking to St pats? there a couple I,ve heard. With pre season about to start will find out who is playing where. David Farrell is very young wonder how he'll go? Will Cupido do a runner after footy I hear he owes money all over town. Also hear Wodonga to loose a few as well.

Ritchie;404207 said:
Hey short and fast settle down old mate, if you read my post properly you will see that i mention "Dylan Weeding and his brother AND Sam O'Connor". I don't know Dylans brothers name and didn't know he had one but if they are staying at Lavy well and good....i guess only time will tell if my "sources" are correct or not.:cool:

Just dont think your right there mate, the weeding family have been such a driving force behind the success in the juniors, their dad has coached and nearly has 100% strike rate in premierships, something like 4/5. As for Sammy O, probly one of the clubs most loyal servants. he has done it all, coached juniors, always at training, fundraiser etc. he won the batting n bowling for seconds this year, so if he does leave, that would leave a huge hole in the club.
But dont think your rite ritch old mate.

Its Honestly Middo;404160 said:

Um, Middo I call bullshit!

However, has anyone heard the penalty that Nrth laid down for Jack?
I know quite a few guys were real pissed off at him after they work they did at the tribunral and appeal without even getting a thanks from him.

Also, this talk of ins and outs are they just speculation and trash or is there any finalised moves?

bodiefish;404240 said:
Um, Middo I call bullshit!

However, has anyone heard the penalty that Nrth laid down for Jack?
I know quite a few guys were real pissed off at him after they work they did at the tribunral and appeal without even getting a thanks from him.

Also, this talk of ins and outs are they just speculation and trash or is there any finalised moves?

u call BULLSHIT on the rumour of Jack goin to Wang Comp or the fact that he has some m8,s at Nth tryin to get him to stay Bodiefish?

I think that you will find that sam oc jarryd and dyl weeding have all signed at albury as well as two others from lavi that will surprise a few ppl when they come out. also heard that pup from wodonga is goin to north albury good mates with farrell. young fully to new city aswell as rohan pearce from belvoir. ;)

concrete boots;404291 said:
I think that you will find that sam oc jarryd and dyl weeding have all signed at albury as well as two others from lavi that will surprise a few ppl when they come out. also heard that pup from wodonga is goin to north albury good mates with farrell. young fully to new city aswell as rohan pearce from belvoir. ;)

I seen last year old man weeding was talking & meeting with a few clubs, don,t know them at all, heard they have a bit of talent obvously not very happy at lavy or not getting a go not sure but disapointing to see kids leaving there jr clubs if this is true.

concrete boots;404291 said:

cant bat cant bowl;404300 said:
I seen last year old man weeding was talking & meeting with a few clubs, don,t know them at all, heard they have a bit of talent obvously not very happy at lavy or not getting a go not sure but disapointing to see kids leaving there jr clubs if this is true.

who are the other 2 names from lavi, doubt this would be true.

although it is true that samn oconnor and the weedings are leaving lavi fo albury. very disappointing to see them all go, all have been great servants for the club. will be a very different place without them and the club is poorer for it.

without speaking to them, i speculate that they are leaving because of not getting a good go. dylan weeding is a great young keeper and lavi should have done more to keep him (steady has really done nothing to warrant a game in seniors-doesnt train and has made next to no runs over the past 2 years). and sam won the batting and bowling awards in seconds, so fair chance he would have played seniors this year. jarrod weeding is a good seconds batter and buddying offspinner. yet another example of how lavi pushes young cricketers away.

Short and Fast;404335 said:
who are the other 2 names from lavi, doubt this would be true.

although it is true that samn oconnor and the weedings are leaving lavi fo albury. very disappointing to see them all go, all have been great servants for the club. will be a very different place without them and the club is poorer for it.

without speaking to them, i speculate that they are leaving because of not getting a good go. dylan weeding is a great young keeper and lavi should have done more to keep him (steady has really done nothing to warrant a game in seniors-doesnt train and has made next to no runs over the past 2 years). and sam won the batting and bowling awards in seconds, so fair chance he would have played seniors this year. jarrod weeding is a good seconds batter and buddying offspinner. yet another example of how lavi pushes young cricketers away.

Sometimes some blokes seem to get a game because of who they are or what they have done in the past or even because they have mates selecting the teams but in the end you can only pick 11 blokes in A grade & in Lavys defence I don't think they lost a game until the semi so they must have a wealth of talent weather there happy or not time will tell, Not sure if moving to Albury (if in fact they are going) is the right way to go but good luck to them hope they make the right choice.

Its only early but can't wait for the season to start.

Ritchie;404207 said:

Short and Fast;404230 said:
Just dont think your right there mate, the weeding family have been such a driving force behind the success in the juniors, their dad has coached and nearly has 100% strike rate in premierships, something like 4/5. As for Sammy O, probly one of the clubs most loyal servants. he has done it all, coached juniors, always at training, fundraiser etc. he won the batting n bowling for seconds this year, so if he does leave, that would leave a huge hole in the club.
But dont think your rite ritch old mate.

Well short and fast it looks like you have had a shocker here i heard from both of them directly that they will be playing at Albury so i hope my sources are ok lol.

Probably the best thing Sammy O could have done i reckon...and before you all say it yes i know its Albury but it will enable him to bat 4 or 5 and bowl 15 overs a week ....2 things he would of never got at Lavi...at least for a long time. The sad thing is in most clubs around here its always the same story it doesnt matter how good of a clubman you are how hard you train and in some cases the results you have under your belt unless you are in the inner sanctum or absolutley smashing the door down you never get your chance.
I havent seen alot of the weedings so i cant really comment there.

Ritchie your fine reporting skills have come to the forefront again and you can pat your sources on the back ha ha!!!

And another one i have heard but its very hazy and unconfirmed so i wouldnt bet on it.....Ben Dower and Nathan Thompson to New City ...if they keep recruiting at this rate they will have to have some big Fu#@$ng raffles to pay everyone and may have to put in 3 A grade sides.

And while im on a roll I have heard some rumblings from the Dog Kennell that there might be alot of blokes sick of Robbie Jackson...apparently he is a bit of a strange cat?? there is definetly issues with the younger footy players at the Wodonga footy club and i have a feeling it will flow on to the cricket club watch this space.....

At the rate im going this week i think i might put n for Nialls old job at the "bordermail".

and i think you will be surprised who else we have picked up at new city might just see a couple in the paper next couple of days

concrete boots;404357 said:
and i think you will be surprised who else we have picked up at new city might just see a couple in the paper next couple of days

Lordy, you New City boys are tearing up a storm in the recruitment dept. Is Andy Mac coming back to the Phoenix too???

Good luck to you boys anyway... I hope whoever has bankrolled these deals backs them up or could end up in some very cranky cricketers.

hey guys :cool: . some great and very interesting reading going on. A few people from our club have come to me including commitee members and are dissapointed with some of the things being said on here so i thought i would have a look,i actually thought it would be a lot worse from what they were telling me .Obviously this forum is based on personal opinions , thats were some of the facts go astray . Im not on here to defend anything or anyone involved in comments made at all . Just wanted to let people know not to belive everything you read , there arent many facts being posted only opinions . I think everyone would like to know who you actually are Short and fast so we understand exactly where your comments are coming from? ? Our season launch is tomorrow sunday 1st at the lavi function rooms and your all welcome to come along and see exactly what is happening with our club and where we are heading . starts at 3pm there will be a bbq . :cool:

tball;404424 said:
hey guys :cool: . some great and very interesting reading going on. A few people from our club have come to me including commitee members and are dissapointed with some of the things being said on here so i thought i would have a look,i actually thought it would be a lot worse from what they were telling me .Obviously this forum is based on personal opinions , thats were some of the facts go astray . Im not on here to defend anything or anyone involved in comments made at all . Just wanted to let people know not to belive everything you read , there arent many facts being posted only opinions . I think everyone would like to know who you actually are Short and fast so we understand exactly where your comments are coming from? ? Our season launch is tomorrow sunday 1st at the lavi function rooms and your all welcome to come along and see exactly what is happening with our club and where we are heading . starts at 3pm there will be a bbq . :cool:

I take it u will b manning the BBQ by the looks of u T ball.
Actually thought u may have a KFC day as ur food of choice for ur launch mate.
LMFAO!!!!!

tball;404424 said:

Good to see some of Lavington's senior members speak up finally, short and fast and morbo have been damaging the great clubs reputation for weeks now so good on you tball. Maybe short and fast and morbo are hitting the nail on the head, obvioulsy Lavington affiliates so here's hoping that this damage doesn't flow onto the field and you boys aren't too embarrassed by your now apparent, strong club ethics and family values...
Unfortunately your timing tball makes you look a little to desperate in your attempt to hose down the flames and salvage what is left of the carcus:eek: I do aggree, however, you can't take everything you hear at face value and it's best that if people want to see where the club is heading, please make the effort to visit the function rooms to hear more talk and see more smokes and mirrors, perhaps tball kissing a baby or two, please be there at 3pm:cool:

Love the Game;404443 said:
Good to see some of Lavington's senior members speak up finally, short and fast and morbo have been damaging the great clubs reputation for weeks now so good on you tball. Maybe short and fast and morbo are hitting the nail on the head, obvioulsy Lavington affiliates so here's hoping that this damage doesn't flow onto the field and you boys aren't too embarrassed by your now apparent, strong club ethics and family values...
Unfortunately your timing tball makes you look a little to desperate in your attempt to hose down the flames and salvage what is left of the carcus:eek: I do aggree, however, you can't take everything you hear at face value and it's best that if people want to see where the club is heading, please make the effort to visit the function rooms to hear more talk and see more smokes and mirrors, perhaps tball kissing a baby or two, please be there at 3pm:cool:
Not sure why you're refering to me in your post. I have absolutely no affiliation with Lavington, in fact I have an affiliation with a rival CAW club. That doesn't stop me from calling it as I see it, and that is that short and fast is trying to derail the club it seems, which is strange because I've heard nothing but positives coming out of LPO, and that's reflected in their results. Hopefully my club can replicate some of their success in the upcoming season.

Back