Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Whats everyones thoughts on Keeno going to New City to coach? I havent spoken to TBall on Tonky but I wonder if they will be impressed. I would have thought that we could have kept him if he wanted to coach? But thats only opinion, I'm not on the commitee. Lavi North Grand final 11/12

Be interesting to see what happens. Didn't really think Keeno was into the coaching given that I didn't see him do much coaching last season, spent most of his time at training either chatting or with his young son.

Whats everyones thoughts on Keeno going to New City to coach? I havent spoken to TBall on Tonky but I wonder if they will be impressed. I would have thought that we could have kept him if he wanted to coach? But thats only opinion, I'm not on the commitee. Lavi North Grand final 11/12

Spoke to Keeno last weekend and he said that he had taken on the Coaching job. I told him that he will need to make sure Dads Army have their arvo nap each Saturday :p

On the Tonkin/Ball being impressed matter, Keeno said he went directly to them and told them that he wanted to Coach at Lavington prior to the City job being advertised and they turned him down flat on the spot??? Not that Ball or Tonkin should have a say in the matter as one's the Captain and one is nothing (in a decision making capacity) and should not have a say in the Coaching position, that's a committee decision. So he applied from the add in the paper. Another favorite son slips through the tonkball cracks at Lavy perhaps:oops:
Looks like Steve will have some help if the City web page is anything to go by...balls in his court!

Albury is tearing apart at the seams with Marmo back to Nth and are struggling to get commitments from some of last years players. All rats (metaphorically speaking) from a sinking ship, get off before she sinks?? East Albury are appoaching all and sundry and have been since before the GF last year. Dederang are still trying to throw the coin around and buy their position in provincial. Who wants to play on a goat track every second week:confused:

Big announcement coming at Wodonga. Watch this space.

still waiting Sir Don??? will be that TK is returning as captain coach?? or maybe another superstar is coming out of retirement in M.Buckley ??

I happen to see Baranduda have new rooms and look really great from the road. They have been promised rooms for years and finally have them let's hope they can stay alive.

still waiting Sir Don??? will be that TK is returning as captain coach?? or maybe another superstar is coming out of retirement in M.Buckley ??

I happen to see Baranduda have new rooms and look really great from the road. They have been promised rooms for years and finally have them let's hope they can stay alive.

Can't confirm yet as nothing has been officially signed. Big news for the club once it's a done deal.

Maybe you are in talks with a EX Left hand batsman ?? Or even the return of K.Stewart ?? More than likely it won't be that big but give us a few hints??
Sorry mate, apparently some of the heirachy at the club aren't happy that I've even mentioned it. I can tell you that it's not Kane Stewart or Matt Buckley. I'm pretty sure the recruitment of a couple of third graders wouldn't qualify as big news. You'll just have to wait and see.

Sorry mate, apparently some of the heirachy at the club aren't happy that I've even mentioned it. I can tell you that it's not Kane Stewart or Matt Buckley. I'm pretty sure the recruitment of a couple of third graders wouldn't qualify as big news. You'll just have to wait and see.

Come those guys were great c'grade and whould stepped up if they had the chance. It would be big news to them !!!! All I can say is let's hope that the same thing doesn't happen to the cricket club as what happened to the footy club !!!! land a big fish and then say you are broke !!! And stuff the heirachy they wouldn't know what this site is about. Just say where these guys are from ????

Strong rumour of 1of the leagues greatest players to announce he will be coming out of retirement.
Will spearhead the attack at his club.
S WOOD is his name

and will be playing along side of one A. Lade who isn't going anywhere.

From what i can tell apart from New City losing Cupido and gaining Keene as a non playing coach and then Lavington picking up the west indian....(believe it when he actually lands) the status Quo looks to remain.
Looks as though the bottom 3 from last year will be there again fighting for 8th place.
North have Marmo and ************ all else so perhaps St.Pats and Lavington to be the teams to beat again unless of course we finally hear of Steve Waugh playing for wodonga!;)
Its now August so let the "silly season" begin!

From what i can tell apart from New City losing Cupido and gaining Keene as a non playing coach and then Lavington picking up the west indian....(believe it when he actually lands) the status Quo looks to remain.
Looks as though the bottom 3 from last year will be there again fighting for 8th place.
North have Marmo and ************ all else so perhaps St.Pats and Lavington to be the teams to beat again unless of course we finally hear of Steve Waugh playing for wodonga!;)
Its now August so let the "silly season" begin!
I think you are right in terms of the bottom three staying the same. Cant say much for dederang but i can see albury, belvoir or even maybe new city doing anything spectacular. i no they nearly got a win in the last game last year, but without marmo, i think the going may be tough. i reckon new city may struggle to though, they were throwing a lot of money around last year, and if they cant recruit, they may be in the relegation firing line. i think if the west indian does come, lavi are in the box seat, especially if hawking doesnt play.

Only a few months to the start of the season, things are starting to get in place for the summer. You would think Radiers would be around the mark in the district comp after a strong list last season. As for Provincial well North, St Pats and Lavi would be the top three. I guess a lot comes down to off season signings, maybe a few big names or top up players from other district or provincial clubs could change a few clubs and their fortunes? Anyone know of any major signings of the off season?

Have heard Dan Dixon signed with Albury....will Dederang even have a side?

You would think Dixon would be captain at Albury. Cant see Marmo doing it again this year, although in the last game of last season, Sam oconner captained against us and we thought he did a pretty good job. I thought he would get the job for them this year. But if Dicko is over there, they will improve.
Man there are heaps of rumours about imports this year, every man and his dog have an international player, those clubs that dont have the money to buy players seem to be starting behind the 8 ball.

You would think Dixon would be captain at Albury. Cant see Marmo doing it again this year, although in the last game of last season, Sam oconner captained against us and we thought he did a pretty good job. I thought he would get the job for them this year. But if Dicko is over there, they will improve.
Man there are heaps of rumours about imports this year, every man and his dog have an international player, those clubs that dont have the money to buy players seem to be starting behind the 8 ball.

You just may find out that another North player has jumped ship and will be captaining Albury, as Marmo is going back to North.

Which teams have international players coming? Heard about Lavi's West Indian but who else?

Speaking of the West Indian, does anyone know if he's still coming? Haven't heard any talk lately.

Back