Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

i reckon new city may struggle to though, they were throwing a lot of money around last year, and if they cant recruit, they may be in the relegation firing line.

Very interested to know who new city was throwing the cash at last season S&F? Understandable that they would pay the coach in Cupido (like every other Club in CAW) but who else were they throwing the cash at? Didn't see any other big names amongst city's list so looks like this a meaningless statement with no substance? Got any facts and if so, how come they have all thi cash (apparently) and no bigger names in the comp are sticking there hands out?

One could say that your beloved Lavy is throwing the cash around in your West Indian, although he remains somewhat of an enigma at this stage.

Definetely agree with the bottom three teams in Albury, Dederang and New City. Big suprise to hear Dixon going to Albury though, looks like he's gone out of the pot and into the fire:confused:

Great to hear that Woody and Lade are sticking there hands up again out at Tallangatta, there absense would have gone close to bottoming the Club out. Tallangatta to fly under the radar this Season and put the wind up a few sides!

Has anybody heard if anyone has gone up to Provincial from District or going down?
I believe that because of the weather interrupted season last year, CAW said that relegation and promotion would be put on hold. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Pity though, it looks like Yack and Raiders were strong last year. It would be interesting to see how they competed with the Provincial teams

Heard that a clun between Wodonga and Kiewa have a bundle of neville and are looking to spend it up !!!!!
Also who's gunna coach Belvoir this year ?
Not much else happening on here but I guess clubs should have started training at least ...

Heard that a clun between Wodonga and Kiewa have a bundle of neville and are looking to spend it up !!!!!
Also who's gunna coach Belvoir this year ?
Not much else happening on here but I guess clubs should have started training at least ...

Heard Booth from North Albury, Dixon from Dederang and Gary Elliot have all signed with Albury.....any other clubs got recruits?

Have also heard New City are struggling with numbers with many of their players not being ale to get out of the walking frame for this season, however they apparently have a very good junior structure and base of players.....Dad's Army could well become the "Baby Birds" as it seems they will have to play alot of younger guys with no recruits and the loss of last years players:D.

Still waiting to hear on the news at wodonga

Richard McMillan will coach Belvoir and Nat Sariman will be Captain
Any truth that if Sariman wasn't made skipper he was off to another club??? Interesting move by Dixon to cross over to Albury this coming season. If Dederang's and Albury's past performances are anything to go by he might be playing in the District comp next year against his last 2 former clubs. As for Elliot and Booth, one is well and truly past his best while Boothy is an honest trier but really a good 2nd's bowler at best. Also hear on the grapevine Sean Lappin isn't playing for the Doggies this year and will be running around for a District club.

Any truth that if Sariman wasn't made skipper he was off to another club??? Interesting move by Dixon to cross over to Albury this coming season. If Dederang's and Albury's past performances are anything to go by he might be playing in the District comp next year against his last 2 former clubs. As for Elliot and Booth, one is well and truly past his best while Boothy is an honest trier but really a good 2nd's bowler at best. Also hear on the grapevine Sean Lappin isn't playing for the Doggies this year and will be running around for a District club.
Pretty sure Nat is a bit better than that. Doubt he would hold a club to ransom over the captaincy given that Belvoir is where he has played all his cricket in this area.
Have also heard that Lappin was chased by a number of District clubs but i rekn he may be going to Barny/Chiltern this season.

Heard Booth from North Albury, Dixon from Dederang and Gary Elliot have all signed with Albury.....any other clubs got recruits?

Have also heard New City are struggling with numbers with many of their players not being ale to get out of the walking frame for this season, however they apparently have a very good junior structure and base of players.....Dad's Army could well become the "Baby Birds" as it seems they will have to play alot of younger guys with no recruits and the loss of last years players:D.

Still waiting to hear on the news at wodonga

Even with the signings at Albury they will struggle Ritchie, if your making a career 2nd grade player and one of Nth Albury's 'numbers' captain you have to question the direction they are taking?

The junior structure at New City is't going to keep them out of the relegation zone you would think? What they need is senior players that are established and proven performers. City need to chuck all this cash we speak of in the right direction but I couldn't tell you which direction that is? Baby Birds Ritchie, turn it up!

Tallangatta sound like they are going to be the big movers this year with all their recruits and Woody coming back to go out with a premiership medal.

Even with the signings at Albury they will struggle Ritchie, if your making a career 2nd grade player and one of Nth Albury's 'numbers' captain you have to question the direction.

Let me ask a serious hypothetical question, If you were at the helm of Albury what would you do to avoid relegation and how would you do it ?

Let me ask a serious hypothetical question, If you were at the helm of Albury what would you do to avoid relegation and how would you do it ?

The first thing would be the appointment of an experianced captain that has the ability to not only get the best out of the club, but to grab the young guys and mentor them for a few years. Nothing against Marmo or Booth, but one was never going to work last year and not much will change this year.....but lets hope Iam proven wrong for the sake of the comp.

Heard on the Grapevine that all clubs will be canvassed on whether to make the T20 two separate comps - provincial and district. Apparantly one issue is to have grand finals on the same day or on two different days.

Fair enough to ask AFB and as I made the statement about Albury CC here is my opinion:

As I see it and Unfortunately for Albury, the cracks are more than surface issues. You are talking about having to change the culture within the Club and that is a top down approach and one that can not be changed over night. Albury still have the scars of the former entity that are well and truly engrained in it's existence, whether people within the current Club structure wish to accept that or not is purely their decision.
Until the committee (and off-field is where the majority of the work needs to begin) sit down and make a plan of where they are currently as a Club and where the want to be in say one, three and five years, actively seek the desired personel in an administration capacity from within the Club (and outside it if possible) and actively put that plan in place with achievable milestones to meet, they will not go very far.
As for the on-field side of things, take the same paradigm and apply it to the playing group answering, who, how, what and when in regards to achieving your plan and work bloody hard!
And I agree that an experienced Captain needs to be sourced (easier said than done). The Committee needs to ask themselves, if Boothy is taking on the job this season, is he the bloke that is going to lead the Club from where it sits today and be there for the long haul or, is he just another bandaid to try and buy more time?

As I said, it's just my opinion but if you make a comment make sure its not a throw away comment and back it up.

Interest thoughts lads. I beleive the club was pretty much guttered a couple of years back and lost a lot of good cricketers in the process. They have a few good young blokes, just need good direction as was said.

From the outside looking in I would say they are turning corners with strong Milo numbers when I drove past last year which are starting to convert to juniors.

If every club at the bottom of the heap folded we woud have 3 or 4 clubs and most of us would be lucky to get a run in the 20th 11. Albury boys, remember Rome wasn't built in a day, so keep plugging.

Next hypothetical, With rep cricket being prodominately one day and T20 cricket, should we still be playing 2 day cricket ?

Interest thoughts lads. I beleive the club was pretty much guttered a couple of years back and lost a lot of good cricketers in the process. They have a few good young blokes, just need good direction as was said.

From the outside looking in I would say they are turning corners with strong Milo numbers when I drove past last year which are starting to convert to juniors.

If every club at the bottom of the heap folded we woud have 3 or 4 clubs and most of us would be lucky to get a run in the 20th 11. Albury boys, remember Rome wasn't built in a day, so keep plugging.

Next hypothetical, With rep cricket being prodominately one day and T20 cricket, should we still be playing 2 day cricket ?

Strange as this may sound, but I am not sure you should base your competition around rep cricket when a lot of the best players are not available for selection. The other issue with a one day comp would be the starting and finishing time. To squeeze in 100 overs in a day would require games commencing at 1230pm and finishing after 7pm.....not too sure if people would be happy with that, but you never know. T20 seems to be enjoyed, particularly by the younger guys, so be good to see the comp continue.

Back