Cricket Albury Wodonga 2010/2011

Marmo owes Titans money I believe so wont be able to get cleared til that is cleared up

It's got me stuffed how a player can owe a club money unless it's subs !!!!

Anyway I have had a quick look at the draw and the season is only 2 weeks and haven't read much on here or the bordermail. So in other words not much will changing at clubs player wise. Gee the draw is all about A'Grade with bye's in the lower grades early in the season due to T20. Hey guys there's also a saturday sunday game in the middle of Feb lets hope it's not 40 degress that weekend....

Anyway I have had a quick look at the draw and the season is only 2 weeks and haven't read much on here or the bordermail. So in other words not much will changing at clubs player wise. Gee the draw is all about A'Grade with bye's in the lower grades early in the season due to T20. Hey guys there's also a saturday sunday game in the middle of Feb lets hope it's not 40 degress that weekend....
Sounds like it will be a frustrating start of the season for us lower grade players then.

Bit poor by the league that the draw isnt out yet... after the terrible year we had last year with rain you would think it'd be sorted early with a back up plan in case it is another interrupted year

Havent heard heap about recruiting but just wondering everyones thoughts on where everyone will finish this year. I cant see too many teams getting close to us and st pats again. Scam will be better after spending the winter in england and having a bit of a hit. I think north will fade, east may be there abouts maybe. If tallangatta gets all the inports as reported, they may be a challenge. As for the bottom feeders, it may be a good race between dederang, albury, belvoir and new city. At least if this happens, the bottom sides have a bit of hope winning a few games as opposed to getting belted every other week and waiting for one game to go close. Any thoughts?

Hard to see anyone get close to yak i rekon too. maybe raiders, kiewa???

bit harsh c
Havent heard heap about recruiting but just wondering everyones thoughts on where everyone will finish this year. I cant see too many teams getting close to us and st pats again. Scam will be better after spending the winter in england and having a bit of a hit. I think north will fade, east may be there abouts maybe. If tallangatta gets all the inports as reported, they may be a challenge. As for the bottom feeders, it may be a good race between dederang, albury, belvoir and new city. At least if this happens, the bottom sides have a bit of hope winning a few games as opposed to getting belted every other week and waiting for one game to go close. Any thoughts?
Hard to see anyone get close to yak i rekon too. maybe raiders, kiewa???

Bit harsh calling teams 'bottom feeders' there Short and Fast, hope your game matches your words...
St pats will be the team to knock off.. any club with the quality of Restall and Hawk will be hard to beat, Wouldnt write off North mate, quality team with the best bat in the league. Lavi will be strong again too but hopefully the comp is alot more competitive all round, would be nice to see struggling teams from last year play well this year.
District to be a two horse race, Raiders and Yack with Mt Beauty always a smokey
Havent heard much yet about recruiting yet, might be in the Border Mail in the next week?

May have been a harsh call L&L, but the bottom sides from last season wouldn't even be playing in the Prov A comp if it wasn't for the wash outs last season that saved them from relegation, so they have probably only delayed things until the end of this one.

Heard that Tallangatta have recruited hard and have an opening bowler that throws then down at nearly 140k/hr......time will tell whether it is true or not. Recon S&F could be on the money about North.....they lack a quality fast bowler and unless they can score 350 plus every week, may get run down by more and more of the better batting sides in the comp.

Not too sure whether spending the off season in England batting on sticky greentops and drinking copious amounts of alcohol will help Scams batting......lol.....should be a good season, just hope the rain is a little more friendly.

Latest one that I've heard is that Tallangatta have recruited an 18 or 19 year old Pom by the name of Paul Coughlin. Apparently played county seconds. Batting allrounder from all reports.

Just noticed that the draws for the Twenty20s, First Grade and Second Grade (Provincial and District) have been released on MyCricket, I guess as usual we will probably have to wait until the day before Third Grade starts for the Third Grade draw to be released. Any comments ?

Just noticed that the draws for the Twenty20s, First Grade and Second Grade (Provincial and District) have been released on MyCricket, I guess as usual we will probably have to wait until the day before Third Grade starts for the Third Grade draw to be released. Any comments ?

Its been the same the past few seasons and I think it is because of the uncertaincy of some clubs being able to field a side in the 3'rds......from memory the draw was out a couple of seasons ago and St Pats were able to field a second 3'rds side at the last minute, so the draw was redone just before the first round. I suppose the CAW want to give all clubs as long as they can to sort out the amount of players they have available.

Dont think it is really an issue!

Its been the same the past few seasons and I think it is because of the uncertaincy of some clubs being able to field a side in the 3'rds......from memory the draw was out a couple of seasons ago and St Pats were able to field a second 3'rds side at the last minute, so the draw was redone just before the first round. I suppose the CAW want to give all clubs as long as they can to sort out the amount of players they have available.

Dont think it is really an issue!
As someone who has played a lot of 3rd Grade cricket ghg, I think it is an issue. I find it frustrating not being able to see a draw for the competition. I too remember St Pats putting in the second 3rd grade side a couple of seasons ago and things were a bit unsettled there for a while after.

Nice season preview in the paper today. Good to see the Border Mail finally giving local cricket the coverage it deserves. Lets hope this continues for the whole season.

At a cost of 400 bux a club they would want to give some decent exposure
Gee $400 that's money well spent for the lesser clubs who don't any exposure during the regular season. Also the amount of youth in the comp. Bethanga having a 2o year old president is showing that alot of older guys ( except New City ) are walking away all together.

How will all the imports go? With all the rain lately at least the grounds and pitches will primed for round one. It will take them alittle bit to get settled. It sounds like the guy from Canberra will be very handy player. All the best to all the teams for the real stuff next week.

Gee $400 that's money well spent for the lesser clubs who don't any exposure during the regular season. Also the amount of youth in the comp. Bethanga having a 2o year old president is showing that alot of older guys ( except New City ) are walking away all together.
I wonder how many dollars CAW contributed to the booklet??? They've been raping the clubs financially for years and focused on blowing money on inferior rep sides who've produced poor results since the CAW came into being. I'm sure battlers like Bethanga, Barny/Chiltern and Baranduda would enjoy having to come up with $400 on top of the $3000 they have to pay in association fees each season. Well done to the Border Mail for a polished production at least it raises the profile of the competition.

I wonder how many dollars CAW contributed to the booklet??? They've been raping the clubs financially for years and focused on blowing money on inferior rep sides who've produced poor results since the CAW came into being. I'm sure battlers like Bethanga, Barny/Chiltern and Baranduda would enjoy having to come up with $400 on top of the $3000 they have to pay in association fees each season. Well done to the Border Mail for a polished production at least it raises the profile of the competition.

$3000 in association fees. Maybe you should ask some of the stronger Provincial clubs how much they pay for the privilege of playing in CAW. Some clubs paid over $10000 last year. The clubs you mentioned should consider themselves lucky.

Who are the clubs paying $10000? and why are they paying so much more than some others?

I'm not on the committee at Wodonga so I might not be 100% accurate with those figures but I'm sure we paid that much. Apparently there's a scale so the more teams you have, the more you have to pay. Teams like us, St Pats, Lavi and East Albury pay more because we have more teams. Seems pretty stupid that clubs are penalised for building successful clubs and having extra players.

Seems to me like the Provincial clubs (or the original ABCA clubs more to the point) are subsidising the District clubs.

I'm not on the committee at Wodonga so I might not be 100% accurate with those figures but I'm sure we paid that much. Apparently there's a scale so the more teams you have, the more you have to pay. Teams like us, St Pats, Lavi and East Albury pay more because we have more teams. Seems pretty stupid that clubs are penalised for building successful clubs and having extra players.

Seems to me like the Provincial clubs (or the original ABCA clubs more to the point) are subsidising the District clubs.

So it would seem that the District Clubs are subsidising Rep Cricket as none of the players are ever considered for Rep unless there is a clash where they need to TOP UP with a few guys that normally open in thier club side and then bat at 11 in rep teams.

So it would seem that the District Clubs are subsidising Rep Cricket as none of the players are ever considered for Rep unless there is a clash where they need to TOP UP with a few guys that normally open in thier club side and then bat at 11 in rep teams.

Well said Fast man, ever since the inception of Cricket Albury-Wodonga rep cricket has fallen well below what should be expected. Beforehand we had ABCA winning majority of rep comps they played in and WDCA fielding competitive teams, now the comp has merged it seems as tho we struggle to put together a genuinely good rep team. Is this down to not having try outs for rep and having the team hand picked by a certain few?

Back