Cricket Albury/wodonga

Site is pretty quiet on here guys, lets prevew this round.

North v Wodonga - Will be a very intersting game. North have there tales up after a good start to the year but so have wodonga (excpet last week) I think the only reason Wodonga lost was because of jackson not being there, he really is the leader of that team and the rest of them grow an extra leg when they are with him. North is my tip

Belvoir v Lavington - Big game for both these clubs, both of them have only won one game. Belvoir could nearly avoid relegation if they win this one and lavington need to really kick start there year. Both teams are relying too heavily on too few players eg bolvoir - russell and sariman, lavington - scammell and taylor. Lavi should win

Albury v East - This game will decide relegation. Albury will have there tales up after beating wodonga last week, that was a huge game they were never meant to win. Albury have one of the best bowling attacks in the league but really struggle to make runs. East have one of the best young line ups around. If there was no relegation, east would be sitting preety over the next few years. My tip is Albury due to there bowling attack.

St Pats v Tallangatta - In my opinion the two best teams playing here. Although without hawking, there bowling looks fragilish, I havent seen butters bowl but he is being talked about very favorably. Other than that, there bowling looks pedestrian. Tallangatta have the best allround team on paper, especially now the other pom is back. Tallangatta to win big.

Lets also talk about the leading wicket takers and batsmen.
No surprise seeing Farrell and greg daniel up the top, but i think the emergence of bryce garvey would really please robbie jackson. Also a few unfamiliar names like james weighell, the pom from tall, and zach stuart is also a breath of fresh air.

Once again so surprise to see scammell and daniel up there too, but brad freake and cameron mccormack, who are these guys, are they any good, what do they bowl?

Site is pretty quiet on here guys, lets prevew this round.

North v Wodonga - Will be a very intersting game. North have there tales up after a good start to the year but so have wodonga (excpet last week) I think the only reason Wodonga lost was because of jackson not being there, he really is the leader of that team and the rest of them grow an extra leg when they are with him. North is my tip

Belvoir v Lavington - Big game for both these clubs, both of them have only won one game. Belvoir could nearly avoid relegation if they win this one and lavington need to really kick start there year. Both teams are relying too heavily on too few players eg bolvoir - russell and sariman, lavington - scammell and taylor. Lavi should win

Albury v East - This game will decide relegation. Albury will have there tales up after beating wodonga last week, that was a huge game they were never meant to win. Albury have one of the best bowling attacks in the league but really struggle to make runs. East have one of the best young line ups around. If there was no relegation, east would be sitting preety over the next few years. My tip is Albury due to there bowling attack.

St Pats v Tallangatta - In my opinion the two best teams playing here. Although without hawking, there bowling looks fragilish, I havent seen butters bowl but he is being talked about very favorably. Other than that, there bowling looks pedestrian. Tallangatta have the best allround team on paper, especially now the other pom is back. Tallangatta to win big.

Lets also talk about the leading wicket takers and batsmen.
No surprise seeing Farrell and greg daniel up the top, but i think the emergence of bryce garvey would really please robbie jackson. Also a few unfamiliar names like james weighell, the pom from tall, and zach stuart is also a breath of fresh air.

Once again so surprise to see scammell and daniel up there too, but brad freake and cameron mccormack, who are these guys, are they any good, what do they bowl?

Mick how can you say that Albury really struggle to make runs? they have made over 500 runs in the last two games. I went down to watch a couple of overs at Bilson on Saturday and Dan Dixon obviously is their core, however their new young blokes like Tom Winkley and Nick Morris will defiantly make runs for them.

I think winners this week will be Pats, North, Lavi, Albury.

Interesting round guys.
The Alb V East Alb result could decide who is relegated already.
If East lose they are in all sorts of bother.

All other results are as expected.

District looks to be more interesting then provincial with an even looking competition.

New City look stronger on paper then last year and i just looked up that their 1st and 2nd grades both hit over 350 runs on the weekend! Not a bad effort.....the poms look to be too good for this league.

Raiders are still the sleepy for mine although started off pretty scratchy. They too have a quality side on paper

Unfortunately for the district comp i haven't heard any good things about the quality (or lack) of the wickets....no wonder there is outrights!

Wins News footage tonight of Dave Tassell very interesting. Needs corrective work on his action.
Gee that's a bit harsh but fair. Doesn't look any better in slow mo !!!! Just wondering if a umpire has the guts to call him??

Gee North are cruising along nicely again. They know how to win.

Inregards to the district New City hand landed some very handy Poms . If they win and go up will they return next season?

would you bother calling it? I mean its not like he's playing for NSW and bowling 145km ?

Doesn't matter, he is a strike bowler who is getting assistance (both extra speed and bounce) from it; assistance which no other bowler in the competition gets.

Imagine if Hawk or Woody were allowed to to "bend and straighten" a little bit - half of us would be dead or kicking our own stumps over!

Plus its just downright ugly to watch.

Doesn't matter, he is a strike bowler who is getting assistance (both extra speed and bounce) from it; assistance which no other bowler in the competition gets.

Imagine if Hawk or Woody were allowed to to "bend and straighten" a little bit - half of us would be dead or kicking our own stumps over!

Plus its just downright ugly to watch.
Having Murali as the record wicket taker at Test level basically means that from now on that you can bowl any way you like as long as your not pitching it like a baseballer. So no umpire will ever call him and good luck to him.

Having Murali as the record wicket taker at Test level basically means that from now on that you can bowl any way you like as long as your not pitching it like a baseballer. So no umpire will ever call him and good luck to him.
Im pretty sure he has played some high level rep possibly even nsw and no one has called him up there. He's got people talking tho!

Not a good look is it?

Anyway, Big Bash 2012/13 is starting in a couple of weeks. I for one was a big fan of it last year. Got up to most games and had a look. Any thoughts on the players to look out for and the teams that will take it out?

The poms look very good! I think Tradelink look to be the strongest on paper.

Rankin, you seem to be an albury supporter. Big win for you guys on the weekened, well done. Thats 3 gemes in a row that you have made 200 or over, maybe the run making troubles are behind you.

Big Bash should be a big of fun, I like the idea of wagga players playing, i think wang players also should put their hands up. Good cause too.

Gee I wonder if CAW will ask about Dederangs comments in saturday's paper. They the Dederang Demons aren't they? I thought if you on the grand final you went up?

Well done Albury going along nicely . Well done !!

Heard that East Albury have landed a huge sponser. Coles . Crows are down !!! I wonder what will happen if they do come last? Gee the Dogs could be joining them aswell ?

The four Big Bash teams all look pretty even to me. Not sure Greg Daniel would be very happy about only going for $50!

Interesting to see Steve Wright's name in there too. Hasn't played for a while. Be interesting to see if he can still play.

Hope it goes well. Great concept and a good cause.

The four Big Bash teams all look pretty even to me. Not sure Greg Daniel would be very happy about only going for $50!

Interesting to see Steve Wright's name in there too. Hasn't played for a while. Be interesting to see if he can still play.

Hope it goes well. Great concept and a good cause.
PJ you would probably be surprised. While Steve Wright hasn't played any games this season, he actually played 3 first grade games last season, as well 1 second grade T20 and 1 First grade T20. I think if you asked him, T20 is his type of game because bowling 4 overs in a game is about as much as his body can handle these days :D.

so grey nick are you saying that the reigning premiers don't deserve respect?
It's yesterdays news. The competition isn't being played last year, it's being played today. Good on the bulldogs for winning it last year, but get over it.

Obviously read too many newspapers by the way they're playing this year. Everyone's sick of hearing how much everyone should respect Wodonga, win a game first!

It's yesterdays news. The competition isn't being played last year, it's being played today. Good on the bulldogs for winning it last year, but get over it.

Obviously read too many newspapers by the way they're playing this year. Everyone's sick of hearing how much everyone should respect Wodonga, win a game first!
mate every team deserves respect! and wodonga have won 2 games actually! I bet if your team was reigning premiers you would probably want respect?

so grey nick are you saying that the reigning premiers don't deserve respect?

No one earns respect by saying, give us respect. In all honesty, no one respects wodonga as a team, they just respect robbie jackson as a player. The rest of them are passengers!! Shows when there is no Jackson, they go to water eg Albury beating them. Albury shouldnt have got close to them, but without Jackson, albury smoked them. I respect albury, east albury and belvoir a lot more than wodonga, because they are quietly having a crack, and whether they are winning or losing, they are not whinging in the media. Wake up to yourself wodonga, can't live on what happened yesterday!!!

Back