Cricket Albury/wodonga

No one earns respect by saying, give us respect. In all honesty, no one respects wodonga as a team, they just respect robbie jackson as a player. The rest of them are passengers!! Shows when there is no Jackson, they go to water eg Albury beating them. Albury shouldnt have got close to them, but without Jackson, albury smoked them. I respect albury, east albury and belvoir a lot more than wodonga, because they are quietly having a crack, and whether they are winning or losing, they are not whinging in the media. Wake up to yourself wodonga, can't live on what happened yesterday!!!

You are right short and fast. As a ex wodonga player many moons ago it was all about ego's and not mixing with lower grade guys. Here's something to think about. If Belvoir bet them and have another win or two Wodonga could end up bottom two. Gee the Old Dogfathers wouldn't like that and I bet they cause a huge up roar. It happened to Raiders after losing the grand final then coming last and being the first big club to be relagated. CAW have said they will look into promotion and relagation at the end of the season. In other words watch this space. I can't see Jackson letting them finish bottom 2 but a injury here or there and they will struggle without him.

Big guys dont run, i was under the impression that only one club got relegated this year, am i wrong on that one?

In other news, your boys are under performing. is it a case of having the best players but thinking that someone else will do the hard work? you have the best pace bowling attack in the league in Kori Stevenson, The Gun and merkel, yet its your batsmen letting you down.

its only really a four horse race atm in new city, raiders, yack and mt beauty. the rest may as well start footy training full time.

What about provincial, no clear front runner other than north, althoughthey have a lot of kids, so they are destined to fail one day. But st pats, tallangatta and lavi all look stronger on paper, although that usually counts for nothing.

Wow, the one man band crap again. Reigning premiers, two and two this season with one of those wins coming against Lavington with Jacko making a duck.

Big guys dont run, i was under the impression that only one club got relegated this year, am i wrong on that one?

In other news, your boys are under performing. is it a case of having the best players but thinking that someone else will do the hard work? you have the best pace bowling attack in the league in Kori Stevenson, The Gun and merkel, yet its your batsmen letting you down.

its only really a four horse race atm in new city, raiders, yack and mt beauty. the rest may as well start footy training full time.

What about provincial, no clear front runner other than north, althoughthey have a lot of kids, so they are destined to fail one day. But st pats, tallangatta and lavi all look stronger on paper, although that usually counts for nothing.

You may be right on the relegation thing. And you are right about Raiders not firing with the bat !! It would be alot easier for the bowlers if they had a bigger score on the board.

Did anyone catch why Jackson was on the news last night?

North seem to be doing it well with a mix of age players. But if the weather hots up let's hope the cricket does. !!!!

Wow, was a really funny round in terms of results, some really one sided affairs and some really close ones.

Who would have guessed Belvoir would have smashed Tallangatta? That is definately not the best line up tallangatta have, however they got taken to the cleaners. Good to see Nat Sariman in some good form.

I think we all knew that St Pats would get up but I know I thought Albury would have put up more of a fight. Traditionally batting hasnt been albury's strong point but that had seemed to change over the last three games, but now seemed to have fallen back in that black hole. It is really hard to see that there is that much of a gap between the top and bottom sides.

But I reckon the other two games would have been crackers to watch. Lavi and north hate each other and from all accounts there was a fair bit of spite in the game when lavi were batting second. Good to see there is still apssion and rivalries around still. But that has broken north's winning streak.

And Wodonga and East Albur's game also would have been a cracker going off the results off mycricket. Seems like East would have snatched it if it wasnt for Robbie Jackson yet again. Low scoring match, so both bowling sides must have bowled well or wodongas pitch is the usual minefield. I would nearly say it would be the worst in the comp, any thoughts on that one? But well dont Wodonga, ground out another win.

Surely after the weekend St pats, north and lavi would be fighting out with each other the top three spots for the rest of the year, with my tip in wodonga, belvoir and tallangatta fighting for the last spot.

Wow, was a really funny round in terms of results, some really one sided affairs and some really close ones.

Who would have guessed Belvoir would have smashed Tallangatta? That is definately not the best line up tallangatta have, however they got taken to the cleaners. Good to see Nat Sariman in some good form.

I think we all knew that St Pats would get up but I know I thought Albury would have put up more of a fight. Traditionally batting hasnt been albury's strong point but that had seemed to change over the last three games, but now seemed to have fallen back in that black hole. It is really hard to see that there is that much of a gap between the top and bottom sides.

But I reckon the other two games would have been crackers to watch. Lavi and north hate each other and from all accounts there was a fair bit of spite in the game when lavi were batting second. Good to see there is still apssion and rivalries around still. But that has broken north's winning streak.

And Wodonga and East Albur's game also would have been a cracker going off the results off mycricket. Seems like East would have snatched it if it wasnt for Robbie Jackson yet again. Low scoring match, so both bowling sides must have bowled well or wodongas pitch is the usual minefield. I would nearly say it would be the worst in the comp, any thoughts on that one? But well dont Wodonga, ground out another win.

Surely after the weekend St pats, north and lavi would be fighting out with each other the top three spots for the rest of the year, with my tip in wodonga, belvoir and tallangatta fighting for the last spot.

Great round in both Provincal and District. A few good upsets . Raiders finally making runs against Howlong giving the bowlers something to bowl at.Bethanga game was a upset.New City still seem to be a class above. Belvoir beating Tallanagatta was very handy for them keeping there head above water. From Win News they did it easy. I bet Lavi and North game would have been very heated. But North look they relie on Daniels a far bit but doesn't matter with the amount of runs he has made.

Just wondering thoughts of the Melbourne District games played here and CAW changing games to sunday which was a stinker of a day? Didn't look like they got many to the night game?

U
Bluey, no well done to the reigning premiers who beat the team that most tipped would be relegated this year. I think it is a gallant result and most would be shocked that wodonga won, not! Get off your highhorse about jackson, everyone can see they are 1 million times better when he is playing.

What about Belvoir, they may be the surprise packet this year, very good score against Tallangatta. St Pats are rolling along nicely after knocking off lavi fairly easily again. I ask what is going on with lavi, very inconsistant! I read on facebook that Tonky is looking for a chiro for his back and may not play this weekend? Sam Oconner was walking arund on sunday like an old man and i dont think he played on saturday? feel free to correct me if i am wrong. But if those two dont play, thats two half century makers in the last two games not playing, thats a big chunk out of their top order. Something contageous over in lavi? herpes?

First time poster but like time reader!! Just wanted to make
A statement on the raiders fact how is a club suppose to be successful when your so called
Coach doesn't watch you play, yes I know that they can't help you make runs or take wickets but how are they Spose to give you feedback on your game to improve. Maybe the so called coach should spend less time on the rum cans and
Give ya players some tips after all your a self proclaimed cricketer rant over

Bluey, no well done to the reigning premiers who beat the team that most tipped would be relegated this year. I think it is a gallant result and most would be shocked that wodonga won, not! Get off your highhorse about jackson, everyone can see they are 1 million times better when he is playing.

What about Belvoir, they may be the surprise packet this year, very good score against Tallangatta. St Pats are rolling along nicely after knocking off lavi fairly easily again. I ask what is going on with lavi, very inconsistant! I read on facebook that Tonky is looking for a chiro for his back and may not play this weekend? Sam Oconner was walking arund on sunday like an old man and i dont think he played on saturday? feel free to correct me if i am wrong. But if those two dont play, thats two half century makers in the last two games not playing, thats a big chunk out of their top order. Something contageous over in lavi? herpes?

I honestly can see east albury winning a game soon, they have been pretty competitive without joel sheppard, i think they could go close soon.

Big guys, how are your raider boys going, you have a pretty good bowling attack, stevenson, griffiths, merkel, does that jennings play for you guys? i saw him at the big bash on friday night, he lloks pretty quick. two right handers and two left handed bowlers, pretty good mix. Do you have any spinners? chris beard?

Yeah Jennings does play for Raiders.Here's what's funny he was playing Super Fools bowling the same pace. I'm guessing he was in Middo's teams. They do have a spinner and it's not Beard. He's a younger guy who has been pretty good so far this season. His name is Ratboy !! Looking at the Barny game they made runs again and bowled them out cheap on carpet.

Now on the wonder Dogs. If they lose against Belvoir it does prove on thing. Belvoir are improving and Dogs are going down. Have heard a few rumblings about Jackson and the juniors.
If East finish bottom just wondering how many players they will next season??

The Belvoir v Wodonga game is a massive one. Lots on the line and a definite match of the round, I'm tipping belvoir and Jackson will not be impressed..

Interesting round in the district stuff.
I dont like barandudas chances of chasing 300 against yacks very strong attack, if yack can put 200+ scores on the board each week they will be hard to roll. Rusty might need to make 200 of them for baranduda to get up.
mt beauty and new city was pretty interesting, looks like mitch obrien and the pom covered a pretty thin batting performance, no one else getting over 20? should be an interesting second week with mt beautys batting strong batting line up. All about batting the 80 overs, pask needs some new lines for the border mail thats just boring.
Have raiders and their big gun griffiths started turning the corner? Rolling a side for 130 without their other big recruit merkel bowling an over whats the go there?
Looks pretty even between kiewa and howlong, simmonds might have to spin up a storm to get the hawks over the line along with old barbs who seems to be "bowling" well still
You would think dederang just need to pick up lappo and they should be pretty safe in that one against barny, but if the big fella gets going 180 might be a bit short, funny game cricket....

Heard a whisper yesterday that if East Albury win the wooden spoon this year, they will refuse to drop down to District and as half of their club work at WHK will pull out of their considerable sponsorship to the comp. Will be interesting to see the fallout if a long established former ABCA club gets relegated at the end of the year.

Heard a whisper yesterday that if East Albury win the wooden spoon this year, they will refuse to drop down to District and as half of their club work at WHK will pull out of their considerable sponsorship to the comp. Will be interesting to see the fallout if a long established former ABCA club gets relegated at the end of the year.

Something like this was bound to happen. I've got this feeling that the orignal ABCA clubs thought that the only clubs going up and down would be WDCA clubs. In the end they all voted on it and should do as they are told. Look at Raiders they did it tough but have slowly built but up and hopefully they get back in to provincal. I will say this about Raiders if Warriors didn't merge not sure where they would be.

Have heard that a 3 time premiership player has returned to Lavi. He should bolster them with the bat and ball.

Let's hope rain doesn't wash away tomorrows action !!!

Something like this was bound to happen. I've got this feeling that the orignal ABCA clubs thought that the only clubs going up and down would be WDCA clubs. In the end they all voted on it and should do as they are told. Look at Raiders they did it tough but have slowly built but up and hopefully they get back in to provincal. I will say this about Raiders if Warriors didn't merge not sure where they would be.

Have heard that a 3 time premiership player has returned to Lavi. He should bolster them with the bat and ball.

Let's hope rain doesn't wash away tomorrows action !!!

3 time premiership player? Who might that be big guy?

3 time premiership player? Who might that be big guy?
Well he is a good opening bowler and opening bat. Very clean hitter. Can turn the game with his scoring power.

Well Raiders got some points when others didn't. Sometimes it pays to win in the first week. Big test this week guys. It's very close and a loss could end your season.

Well he is a good opening bowler and opening bat. Very clean hitter. Can turn the game with his scoring power.

Well Raiders got some points when others didn't. Sometimes it pays to win in the first week. Big test this week guys. It's very close and a loss could end your season.
Got me thinking. I may not get to every training session at Panthers, but I can't think of any one who has been training at the club recently who would fit that description, and I have been at the club for over 10 years.

Of course it could be one of the old farts that we have dragged out of retirement because we have been so low on numbers due to injuries (Sorry Stobbsy and Rocket if you read this :D ). Hopefully the Christmas New Year break will be enough rest for those injured to recover.

How about you just give us a name cos I've got no idea who you're talking about?

Back