Cricket Albury/wodonga

How about you just give us a name cos I've got no idea who you're talking about?

I'm getting the feeling that big guys don't run could possibly be playing on people's lack of knowledge of players outside first grade :D . If my guess is right the player that he is talking about might have got his three premierships in C grade and possibly played in the same C Grade team as me last round.

I'm getting the feeling that big guys don't run could possibly be playing on people's lack of knowledge of players outside first grade :D . If my guess is right the player that he is talking about might have got his three premierships in C grade and possibly played in the same C Grade team as me last round.

Gee at least some people think outside A"grade. !!!! So just wondering why he returned ?
The reason I brought it up was because it's dead on here. Not much happening. Gee there hasn't been much about the T20 lately.

Gee at least some people think outside A"grade. !!!! So just wondering why he returned ?
The reason I brought it up was because it's dead on here. Not much happening. Gee there hasn't been much about the T20 lately.
I'm not sure you could consider it a return big guys don't run. possibly a cameo role due to us having a horrid run of injuries so far, if you looked closely you might have seen a few more guys in that team that hadn't played for a period of between two years and a decade. Nothing against those guys, but hopefully those injured are right to play after the Christmas/New Year break.

In regards to the T20, Ray White Stars would have to be favourites after beating Insight Clinic Privates in the second after both teams had impressive wins in the first round. Although I didn't make it to the second round, I thought that the first round was very entertaining with some big hits. Certainly worth a look when it resumes in the new year.

I think The Fast Man, might be jumping the gun, I know which player he is referring to and last I knew (admittedly this was during the first round of the T20) there had been no deal done. IMHO I wouldn't complain if a deal has been done.

I'm not sure you could consider it a return big guys don't run. possibly a cameo role due to us having a horrid run of injuries so far, if you looked closely you might have seen a few more guys in that team that hadn't played for a period of between two years and a decade. Nothing against those guys, but hopefully those injured are right to play after the Christmas/New Year break.

In regards to the T20, Ray White Stars would have to be favourites after beating Insight Clinic Privates in the second after both teams had impressive wins in the first round. Although I didn't make it to the second round, I thought that the first round was very entertaining with some big hits. Certainly worth a look when it resumes in the new year.

I think The Fast Man, might be jumping the gun, I know which player he is referring to and last I knew (admittedly this was during the first round of the T20) there had been no deal done. IMHO I wouldn't complain if a deal has been done.

You're obviously a Lavy boy FCT. I heard news that 4 players, including George Nevinson, have walked out on the club mid season, and signed with East Albury. Apparently more will follow at the end of the season?

I know you said earlier on that the Panther Dome wasn't rocking and rolling, but for 4 players to walk out mid-season suggests otherwise?

Anybody know whats going on?

You're obviously a Lavy boy FCT. I heard news that 4 players, including George Nevinson, have walked out on the club mid season, and signed with East Albury. Apparently more will follow at the end of the season?

I know you said earlier on that the Panther Dome wasn't rocking and rolling, but for 4 players to walk out mid-season suggests otherwise?

Anybody know whats going on?

I have heard that 2 players from lavi thirds (glen booth and newman holden) were kicked out of the club and the third (dan hummer) walked with them because they are mates. I heard that they gock kicked out because they were causing friction by paying out teammates, players at the club and the commitee? Any truth to this FCT? You will obviously know more than us but i know these blokes from playing against them over the last few year when that lavi team was really dominant, and i wouldn't p*ss on them even if they were on fire. Their demenour on the field was dispicable and i am glad i don't play with them. I wouldnt be surprised if lavi would be laughing at the fact that they have gone and east albury will be devo lol. All this may not be quite spot on but it could be closish to the mark as i have spoken to a few lavi boys over the last while. as i understand that they were kicked out after round 1?

If they were kicked out after round 1 I'd hardly call that mid-season! Not sure why you'd be bringing it up now Coodabeen. Sounds like old news to me.

And I'd hardly call losing a few fourth graders news anyway. Things must be quiet around the traps!

I have heard that 2 players from lavi thirds (glen booth and newman holden) were kicked out of the club and the third (dan hummer) walked with them because they are mates. I heard that they gock kicked out because they were causing friction by paying out teammates, players at the club and the commitee? Any truth to this FCT? You will obviously know more than us but i know these blokes from playing against them over the last few year when that lavi team was really dominant, and i wouldn't p*ss on them even if they were on fire. Their demenour on the field was dispicable and i am glad i don't play with them. I wouldnt be surprised if lavi would be laughing at the fact that they have gone and east albury will be devo lol. All this may not be quite spot on but it could be closish to the mark as i have spoken to a few lavi boys over the last while. as i understand that they were kicked out after round 1?
Coodabeen I thought it was obvious quite a while ago that I am a Lavy boy.

Mick, while I can't confirm everything you have read, I believe the committee could possibly be involved. I think the loss of a few guys who will probably only play thirds anyway, does not mean there is a crisis at the Panther dome. We have come through a lot worse than that and survived without too many problems.

Coodabeen I thought it was obvious quite a while ago that I am a Lavy boy.

Mick, while I can't confirm everything you have read, I believe the committee could possibly be involved. I think the loss of a few guys who will probably only play thirds anyway, does not mean there is a crisis at the Panther dome. We have come through a lot worse than that and survived without too many problems.

Gee just a little mention of Lavy and it's drama all round. I did see Holden playing for East but wasn't sure if it was him. I have played against him a few times many years ago. He moved it alot but wasn't as quick as some of there other bowlers . They were strong side and most of them could have been playing higher. But they pulled the " I just want to play with my mates " card. But that happens at most clubs. What got me was when C'Grade merged and these guys bowling smoke and smashing the ball around against kids from district teams. Things have changed abit since then.

Just on a good note it was good to see raiders C'Grade win on the weekend. Sorry FCT . They haven't won a game for a couple of years. I have been through that pain and when you do win it's awesome feeling. Keep going boys !!

So who's gunna win out of Raiders and New City ? Raiders need to show where they are at and take the points.

Gee just a little mention of Lavy and it's drama all round. I did see Holden playing for East but wasn't sure if it was him. I have played against him a few times many years ago. He moved it alot but wasn't as quick as some of there other bowlers . They were strong side and most of them could have been playing higher. But they pulled the " I just want to play with my mates " card. But that happens at most clubs. What got me was when C'Grade merged and these guys bowling smoke and smashing the ball around against kids from district teams. Things have changed abit since then.

Just on a good note it was good to see raiders C'Grade win on the weekend. Sorry FCT . They haven't won a game for a couple of years. I have been through that pain and when you do win it's awesome feeling. Keep going boys !!

So who's gunna win out of Raiders and New City ? Raiders need to show where they are at and take the points.
Sure your sorry for me Big guys don't run :) . Got to admit I've been in the Raiders team's shoes a few times playing in sides that struggle to get a win. Good on them for being the better team, there were certainly a few Panther players (including myself) who were disappointed with their performance in that game. Interestly they nearly didn't get the win, as they did not seem to be that keen to play at 1 o'clock claiming the pitch was too slippery, with a 2nd grader being the most vocal in wanting to call the game off. Seriously if he is reading this, I'd suggest he pull his head in, as some of his comments were certainly not in the spirit of the game IMHO. They certainly didn't seem happy when our captain suggest that we reassess the situation at 2 o'clock, to their credit they didn't wait to 2 and were starting to get ready to play at about 1.45.

Sure your sorry for me Big guys don't run :) . Got to admit I've been in the Raiders team's shoes a few times playing in sides that struggle to get a win. Good on them for being the better team, there were certainly a few Panther players (including myself) who were disappointed with their performance in that game. Interestly they nearly didn't get the win, as they did not seem to be that keen to play at 1 o'clock claiming the pitch was too slippery, with a 2nd grader being the most vocal in wanting to call the game off. Seriously if he is reading this, I'd suggest he pull his head in, as some of his comments were certainly not in the spirit of the game IMHO. They certainly didn't seem happy when our captain suggest that we reassess the situation at 2 o'clock, to their credit they didn't wait to 2 and were starting to get ready to play at about 1.45.

Gee didn't hear that one on saturday. Sometimes when you get used of losing you do anything not to play. But a second grader should have been willing to play etc.

Happened to watch a little of the Belvoir V Lavi game. Belvoir had a few out but Lavi are a class above them. With East Albury winning Eagles have to win or they might slip out. Gee I wouldn't be a fan of the black pants and pads in the heat on saturday....

Well Raiders fell short again. I watched most of New City's innings before the heat told me sit at home under the air con. The pom who made the runs batted well and is a good timer of the bat. There was a bit of fireworks which was good but some older guys need to just play cricket and not be lippy. New City V Mt Beauty is my tip. Raiders can make runs but when Tubby and Beard go out they need support there good starts.

All the best to everyone over Christmas and who knows what Santa might bring you for the New Year !!

Gee didn't hear that one on saturday. Sometimes when you get used of losing you do anything not to play. But a second grader should have been willing to play etc.

Happened to watch a little of the Belvoir V Lavi game. Belvoir had a few out but Lavi are a class above them. With East Albury winning Eagles have to win or they might slip out. Gee I wouldn't be a fan of the black pants and pads in the heat on saturday....

Well Raiders fell short again. I watched most of New City's innings before the heat told me sit at home under the air con. The pom who made the runs batted well and is a good timer of the bat. There was a bit of fireworks which was good but some older guys need to just play cricket and not be lippy. New City V Mt Beauty is my tip. Raiders can make runs but when Tubby and Beard go out they need support there good starts.

All the best to everyone over Christmas and who knows what Santa might bring you for the New Year !!
Sariman, Cook, Freake, Roberts, Dinneen all out belvoir were always going to struggle. How did the new players go in the absence though?? Do anything?

I'm tipping lavi to kick into gear after the break also.

Just for those interested in the rep side that played yesterday:

Cricket Albury Wodonga 8-221 (T Ball 67 L Restall 35 A Ranaweera 28no J Tonkin 22 C Archer 2-35 B Lindsay 2-35) def Lisarow Ourimbah 189 (R Fenning 26 M Coombs 24 M McBeath 24 C Sheppeard 23 L Scammell 4-29 A Ranaweera 2-19 T Wells 2-21) at Sohiers Park, Ourimbah

SCG Country Cup Semi Finals to be played Friday 28th December 2012

Lake Illawarra v Merewether DCC at Woongarrah Oval, Hamlyn Terrace

Cricket Albury Wodonga v Hamilton Wickham DCC at Sohiers Park, Ourimbah

Cricket Albury Wodonga 8-221 (T Ball 67 L Restall 35 A Ranaweera 28no J Tonkin 22 C Archer 2-35 B Lindsay 2-35) def Lisarow Ourimbah 189 (R Fenning 26 M Coombs 24 M McBeath 24 C Sheppeard 23 L Scammell 4-29 A Ranaweera 2-19 T Wells 2-21) at Sohiers Park, Ourimbah

Well done CAW on making it. One more game to go. Just wondering how they would have gone without any imports? If they make the final I wonder how serious they will take Country Week !!
I think alot of clubs are enjoying the break.

Congratulations to the rep side on winning their semi final. I wish them all the best for the final on Feb 3rd.

A bit quiet on here so consider the following:

Halfway through the season and some interest at both ends of the table in the Provincial Comp.
Looks as though relegation will be a 3 horse race between Belvoir, Albury and East Albury
Belvoir have managed to just stay out of the relegation zone the past three years and i tip them to be able to do this again.....so will it be East Alb or Alb?

To hard to say at this time but i would consider Easts more capable of an upset this side of the break then Alb meaning Alb could well be packing their bags

Interesting to note the opening bowler for Alb CC - Smith - was playing 2nds for Easts....i've heard he goes pretty good, why wouldn't East Alb have given him a go? Can anyone comment on his abilities with the ball?

At the top end its certainly going to be a race between 4 - St.Pats, Nth Alb, Tallangatta and Lavy.....sorry wod but i don't see you making it.

I'm also wondering if anyone in provincial/from provincial clubs follows what happens in district?

I like to follow both comps with good players playing for clubs in district and provincial.

District appears to be a 2 horse race for promotion between New City and Mt.Beauty - sure Dederang are going really well but they have publicly stated they have no interest in being promoted. So between New City and Mt.Beauty its the Mountain men for mine who have a really easy draw all the way into finals....i wonder how the provincial clubs feel about having to travel to Mt.Beauty again if they go up?

Also wondering what the bloody hell is going on at Raiders - arguable the best squad in the competition and only just sitting in 6th place? Somethings not right here!

And finally - good luck to the CAW rep sides over the next month - all the best to all the [layers that have put their hands up to represent our association....well done guys, a few more wins and will be one of the most successful rep seasons on record!

Very interesting round of cricket!!! East Albury having a massive win over Pats and with Albury not being able to chase a score of 121 by Lavi, it's not looking good Albury. Albury also have a tougher run home so are probably the favs for relagation.

With North, Pats and Wodonga all losing, it's certainly making it one of closest seasons for some years.

District looks like a two horse race between the two sides that could barely win a game in Prov last year. Looks like the team that gets relagated will simply return the year after.....hopefully some of the other sides can get strong enough, that's of course IF any of the sides want to play Prov, and you wouldn't blame them for not wanting too.....although thinking Raiders would be very keen to return to the Prov comp but not having the season that some may have thought they would.

Makes you wonder if the relegation/promotion process is worth while if the worst teams in Prov end up being the best teams in District and just keep going up and down every other year?

Very interesting round of cricket!!! East Albury having a massive win over Pats and with Albury not being able to chase a score of 121 by Lavi, it's not looking good Albury. Albury also have a tougher run home so are probably the favs for relagation.

With North, Pats and Wodonga all losing, it's certainly making it one of closest seasons for some years.

District looks like a two horse race between the two sides that could barely win a game in Prov last year. Looks like the team that gets relagated will simply return the year after.....hopefully some of the other sides can get strong enough, that's of course IF any of the sides want to play Prov, and you wouldn't blame them for not wanting too.....although thinking Raiders would be very keen to return to the Prov comp but not having the season that some may have thought they would.

Makes you wonder if the relegation/promotion process is worth while if the worst teams in Prov end up being the best teams in District and just keep going up and down every other year?

The old saying rings true with promotion and relegation " what goes up must come down ".
Alot of it comes down to club structure and juniors. If you look at Mt Beauty they only recuirt imports but have a great club base. Look what happened to Dederang when they went up. All there hired guns left and or retired. But they didn't have the depth in there lower grades. They have showed where they stand in district and should stay. The country clubs provide for the towns which they are based. It should stay that way and if a team wants to go up they should apply just like Belvoir did. They have held there own since going up.

With Raiders this year not sure if the team has gelled as much as they would have thought. Having the bye may help them and hopefully start fresh when they return.

Back