Cricket Albury/wodonga

Wow, things have got very quiet on here. Twas a good round last round, would have been good to see albury get up and have all the underdogs get up in the round. There will be some good games this weekend, and im tipping east to get up over wodonga, which will hurt albury. belvoir and tallangatta may not be as one sided as people think, belvoir are doing really well at the moment, better than expected i think. St pats got belted last round but surely that couldnt happen twice in a row, but good luck albury, would make for intersting cricket. Mark Butters is really carrying patties at the moment. Im not convinced with Lavington or north either. North got pumped last week and lavi only just fell over the line. I love the rivalry in local sport and I wish I had the kind of rivalry with another club that lavi and north have. I saw in last week's teams that lavi's side had change quite dramatically from the one that played north earlier in the year. No Liam Scammell or Sam O'Conner and replaced with the great man Jay Banks and S Harris? Scammell I don't think played at all and O'Conner played seconds. Wonder what is happening there. More in fighting at Lavi? Would be a massive loss if Scammell didnt play and you could pretty much tell lavi to pack up and finish 2013 now, because he is a jet and its getting hot so Tonks will start to give up soon. FTC can you enlighten us?
I think the premiership is very much wide open between St Pats, Tallangatta, Lavi and North, none of which really are playing dominating cricket. My tip is Tallangatta to beat North in the granny.
I'm not a Lavi fan but even I know Liam Scammell is at the Aust Country Championships. Sam O'Connor has been injured so that may be the reason. Doesn't sound like in fighting to me.

Wow, things have got very quiet on here. Twas a good round last round, would have been good to see albury get up and have all the underdogs get up in the round. There will be some good games this weekend, and im tipping east to get up over wodonga, which will hurt albury. belvoir and tallangatta may not be as one sided as people think, belvoir are doing really well at the moment, better than expected i think. St pats got belted last round but surely that couldnt happen twice in a row, but good luck albury, would make for intersting cricket. Mark Butters is really carrying patties at the moment. Im not convinced with Lavington or north either. North got pumped last week and lavi only just fell over the line. I love the rivalry in local sport and I wish I had the kind of rivalry with another club that lavi and north have. I saw in last week's teams that lavi's side had change quite dramatically from the one that played north earlier in the year. No Liam Scammell or Sam O'Conner and replaced with the great man Jay Banks and S Harris? Scammell I don't think played at all and O'Conner played seconds. Wonder what is happening there. More in fighting at Lavi? Would be a massive loss if Scammell didnt play and you could pretty much tell lavi to pack up and finish 2013 now, because he is a jet and its getting hot so Tonks will start to give up soon. FTC can you enlighten us?
I think the premiership is very much wide open between St Pats, Tallangatta, Lavi and North, none of which really are playing dominating cricket. My tip is Tallangatta to beat North in the granny.
I'm not a Lavi fan but even I know Liam Scammell is at the Aust Country Championships. Sam O'Connor has been injured so that may be the reason. Doesn't sound like in fighting to me.
Yes Mick I can enlighten you. TRS is right on the money. Scam played for Victoria in the Australian Country Cricket Championships up in Bundaberg (bit too far for him to travel back to play, even though they had a rest day :)). Sam was injured, but performed well with the bat in the seconds 10 wicket win (sorry can't comment on his bowling because I wasn't watching the game at that time), Jay Banks used to be a regular in the Lavy side before he decided to concentrate on footy and anyone who has been to the Charity Big Bash, would have seen that Sam Harris is no slouch when it comes to weilding the willow. The boys were certainly disappointed by their batting performance, with a few long faces during the interval, but to their credit found a way to win the game.

On another subject. What do people think about no games on Feb 2nd ? Is anyone thinking of going up to Sydney to watch the SCG cup game or is it a chance to have a rest/make an early trip to the pub ?

On another subject. What do people think about no games on Feb 2nd ? Is anyone thinking of going up to Sydney to watch the SCG cup game or is it a chance to have a rest/make an early trip to the pub ?[/quote]

Well I can't see to many guys making the trip. Maybe CAW is doing this because of the amount of players who will be out and not putting pressure on there clubs to find replacements. But the hard part will be the following weekend. What if it's a double 40 degree weekend pretty hard on the players. They should have made it a one dayer . There hasn't been many outrights so point wise it wouldn't have mattered to much.

I see Thornley wants one last crack with the crows.......The Golden Boy might save them yet !!!

You will happy to know Mick that both Liam Scammell and Sam O'Connor have been named in the first grade side for Lavington this round :)

Very interesting round in both District and Provincial.

East Alb are up and about and Albury look certain to be relegated now.
Lavy finding form which is another ominous sign as on paper they are certainly the best team in it.
Last years Premiers are gone and won't make finals now.
Belvoir look to do what they do every year and not relegated nor play finals.

Another shock defeat to New City? Maybe they aren't what people think - and look certain to not be promoted - will Dederang go up after they are sure to finish on top?......Just goes to show the void between the better clubs and the lesser clubs is getting getting bigger - so does promotion/relegation actually work?

Not sure what the go at Raiders is a very big name out of finals contention!

Will be very interesting to see the promotion/relegation debate start to heat up again as the season draws to a close.

Personally i think there should be an in town clubs comp and an out of town clubs comp - demographically this would make more sense - and yes this means Tallangatta do not form part of the in town comp!

Very interesting round in both District and Provincial.

East Alb are up and about and Albury look certain to be relegated now.
Lavy finding form which is another ominous sign as on paper they are certainly the best team in it.
Last years Premiers are gone and won't make finals now.
Belvoir look to do what they do every year and not relegated nor play finals.

Another shock defeat to New City? Maybe they aren't what people think - and look certain to not be promoted - will Dederang go up after they are sure to finish on top?......Just goes to show the void between the better clubs and the lesser clubs is getting getting bigger - so does promotion/relegation actually work?

Not sure what the go at Raiders is a very big name out of finals contention!

Will be very interesting to see the promotion/relegation debate start to heat up again as the season draws to a close.

Personally i think there should be an in town clubs comp and an out of town clubs comp - demographically this would make more sense - and yes this means Tallangatta do not form part of the in town comp!

Well East are up and about. I did hear a few rumors on the weekend about if they come last. Just wait and see. Belvoir to scrape in and Albury to go down ??

Gee I don't like the reaction if Tallangatta get told to go back to the country grade !!! But it does sound like a good idea and it worked for some many years along time ago. But what about Raiders and Belvoir they may become the whipping boys. But in saying that it makes it easier to get players as they will be playing at the top level.

So is it the smoking gun Ritchie who could be out for Raiders?

Now I want to throw this out there and see what you think. After the big story in the border today about the round being moved etc. Is there anything to stop clubs from playing on staurday and next saturday if they choose to and can get umpires? WHo would it hurt ? In the end it will only be Provincial guys go and watch.

Well East are up and about. I did hear a few rumors on the weekend about if they come last. Just wait and see. Belvoir to scrape in and Albury to go down ??

Gee I don't like the reaction if Tallangatta get told to go back to the country grade !!! But it does sound like a good idea and it worked for some many years along time ago. But what about Raiders and Belvoir they may become the whipping boys. But in saying that it makes it easier to get players as they will be playing at the top level.

So is it the smoking gun Ritchie who could be out for Raiders?

Now I want to throw this out there and see what you think. After the big story in the border today about the round being moved etc. Is there anything to stop clubs from playing on staurday and next saturday if they choose to and can get umpires? WHo would it hurt ? In the end it will only be Provincial guys go and watch.

To throw my 2 cents in, I agree Big Guy. Shutting off a whole weekend competetion for the rep side? I don't get it. I'm glad the guys got a chance to play in the final and congratulations to them, what ever the result. However to cancel all cricket this weekend seems absurd.

How many guys from seconds and thirds in provincial, or any grade in district want to travel to Sydney?
After a few weeks off over christmas, and only 1 or 2 games back, I think most of us would prefer to have a few good solid hit outs before finals start in March.

Does anyone know if they have called off juniors for this weekend for the same reason? That would take it from absurd to insane.

Could be worse Ritchie. I think that it's a nice drive to Mt Beauty :)

Yeah Eskdale or Baranduda !!!
So who agrees with having the grand final at Wodonga and Mt Beauty ?? I'm guessing there will be a few booze buses out that weekend.

Belvoir are fighting to stay up. They must win atleast one game. The last round will be a cracker against Albury.

Eskdale did Raiders a big favour in beating Kiewa. Raiders finally in top 6. They must keep winning and hope for a couple of upset to make finals.

Who will up on top in Provincal is the big question followed by what's happened to North Albury ? I wouldn't like to playing North in the finals !!

What's the latest on the Dederang appeal against New City???? Sounds like they had pretty good grounds to get the points.

So what is the drama's with this game?

Well the CAW international rep side is doing well down at country week. Keep going boys !!
Good to see Middo as add sports reporter to his list of credits.
Noticed that the Pommy Weighall looks like Samuel Johnson the actor !!

So what is the drama's with this game?

Well the CAW international rep side is doing well down at country week. Keep going boys !!
Good to see Middo as add sports reporter to his list of credits.
Noticed that the Pommy Weighall looks like Samuel Johnson the actor !!

New City playing a player that wasn't on the team sheet and played b grade the day before!!
Also heard today that there is no promotion or reagation next season is that true??? I bet albury would be happy about that and New city really cut up about it playing another year in the bush!! Spending all that money to get the pom's over here to find out there not going up next year I bet there not there next year if that's the case!! Glad to see Mido on the job with the photo's new career for him!!!

New City playing a player that wasn't on the team sheet and played b grade the day before!!
Also heard today that there is no promotion or reagation next season is that true??? I bet albury would be happy about that and New city really cut up about it playing another year in the bush!! Spending all that money to get the pom's over here to find out there not going up next year I bet there not there next year if that's the case!! Glad to see Mido on the job with the photo's new career for him!!!

Naughty Naughty New City. Are they silly or what ? CAW should take points and maybe a fine. The never fine anyone !!!

Gee no promotion or relagation topic again. East have come good and Albury are slipping !!! CAW grow some balls and do it. There's been enough cricket played this season so what's the excuse ??

Whts the reason for not having relegation/promotion? I hear that there are clubs that don't want to go up and clubs obviously dont want to go down, why dont we have the clubs who want to play provincial, all play and scrap relegation. whats it matter if there is 10 sides in provincial?

Hi All,

I spoke with a board member over the weekend "off the record" and we discussed this and relegation.
Apparently New City did nothing wrong, the player coming in was a substitute for young I'Anson who had sanctioned rep duties on the Sunday - the rules allow for a replacement player when rep duties take another player out of either day of a two day match. This player doesn't have to be nominated until the start of play on the day that they act as the "fill in".....which New City did, so apparently nothing to answer for.....personally i think these rep rules for player availability are pretty sketchy and surely New City or the umpires should have explained this better to Dederang - so did the umpires not telling dederang make this situation worse then it should have been?

I couldn't get anything about promotion/relegation out of him but he did say it was being discussed again.....so watch this space i suppose.

in my opinion (which i have expressed on here before) the competitions should be based on demographics - in other words an in town comp and an out of town comp.

bring on the finals!

1.6.5 Representative/Emergency Services Replacement Player
Should any players(s) during a match be required by NSWCCA, VCCL for playing duties elsewhere
or for emergency services, then that requirement shall take precedence. The following will apply:
(a)
The players club can then nominate a substitute player(s) (subject to CAW approval) to take
the place of the player(s) during the period of representative or emergency services duty.
Wherever possible the name(s) of the substitute player(s) must be included on the team
sheet prior to the toss of the coin.
(b)
In the case where 3 or more players are required for emergency services, the Board of CAW
has the right to either declare the game a draw, where both sides get the average winning
points for that round (this includes bonus points) or reschedule the game to a later date if
possible.

This is the rule guys. The argument will be when New City found out he was called up. On a Saturday/Sunday game it was unlikely that they found out Saturday that he was playing Sunday you would think.

Well Lavi got robbed twice on the weekend. Isn't that match fixing if come to agreement on a outright !!! But I suppose both sides have to take part. East Albury didn't want a bar of it.

Good who gunna win the Erdljac Cup this weekend between Belvoir V Albury. What a cracker of a game. Just wondering how many players will stay at there club when they go down next season if that happens.

Raiders hitting form at the right time of the year. Other results have helped them alot. Let's hope they can keep it up. Funny old reults Yack V Dederang. Yes the first week was wet one but still very low scores on the weeknd.

Well Lavi got robbed twice on the weekend. Isn't that match fixing if come to agreement on a outright !!! But I suppose both sides have to take part. East Albury didn't want a bar of it.

Obviously there is some bias here on my part, but I don't think it is match fixing unless you actually agree which team is going to win outright. The only agreement from my understanding was that both teams would try to get an outright win for their team (i.e. East Albury would try for an outright win to East Albury and Lavi would try for an outright win to Lavi).

Back