Cricket Albury/wodonga

Obviously there is some bias here on my part, but I don't think it is match fixing unless you actually agree which team is going to win outright. The only agreement from my understanding was that both teams would try to get an outright win for their team (i.e. East Albury would try for an outright win to East Albury and Lavi would try for an outright win to Lavi).
If that's match fixing then every game of Sheffield cricket is rigged as they do that all the time. Good on them for trying to get more points but it's very hard to when only one side wants to.

If that's match fixing then every game of Sheffield cricket is rigged as they do that all the time. Good on them for trying to get more points but it's very hard to when only one side wants to.

If lavi bowled any good they would have taken 10 2nd innings wickets and got an outright win, not the crows fault lavi only took 5 poles in the 2nd Inns..time/overs were no issue!

*Tallangatta's pommys to miss finals action after being called back to ENG for county as they are contracted county players??
*New City gone almost broke after putting up their imports for 7 months, won't do it again or will do it differently next time I believe?
*Mt Beauty reverse outrighted by Miners, has a stink to it in regards to Promotion/relegation system?
Rumours are rife this week! Anyone else know anything, hear anything similar to these?

Good luck to all finals bound sides
A Prov all set, could go anyway on the Cheese!!

If lavi bowled any good they would have taken 10 2nd innings wickets and got an outright win, not the crows fault lavi only took 5 poles in the 2nd Inns..time/overs were no issue!

And if East Albury had bowled any good they would have got more than one Lavi wicket in the first Innings. We were prepared to make a game of it, unfortunately Easts decided to play it safe rather than follow Lavi's lead and make a game of it.

*Tallangatta's pommys to miss finals action after being called back to ENG for county as they are contracted county players??
*New City gone almost broke after putting up their imports for 7 months, won't do it again or will do it differently next time I believe?
*Mt Beauty reverse outrighted by Miners, has a stink to it in regards to Promotion/relegation system?
Rumours are rife this week! Anyone else know anything, hear anything similar to these?

Good luck to all finals bound sides
A Prov all set, could go anyway on the Cheese!!

I guess that puts tallangatta out of the grand finial the wont win without them. New city put up a lot money for the pom's the flew them over and got the job's and accommodation. A lot of money for a club to find. I thought I read on my cricket that barny won on outright not reverse outright?? Could of read that wrong!! My tip is for belvor to go down and mt Beauty to go up.

Can someone explain why District played saturday sunday and the Gods played only saturday??
So New City are trying to buy a flag it's not a first time a club has gone all and ended up broke.
Raiders slowly getting it together. Not sure how they will go against New City this weekend.
Even if Belvoir lose they could scrape in by points if its a close game. Only 4 points ahead of Albury. Very good game ahead this weekend.

More teams in District Big Guy so it was just to get that extra round in so they can play the final 6. What did you think of the Border Mail's photos from the weekend?

That's it Big Guy. What did you think of the rule that allows the Deniliquin rep captain to line up with Albury for the last game when his team has the bye in the last round?

MMMMMM I think it's bit suspect just like a couple of other things !!! Win News had the action on tonight so doesn't look any better . just wondering how Albury got away with the Deni guy??

Not sure Big Guy. He might have played there previously though as he played footy in the Hume league for a bit. So there might be a rule between zones as he could still be registered at Albury. No idea just guessing though.

That's it Big Guy. What did you think of the rule that allows the Deniliquin rep captain to line up with Albury for the last game when his team has the bye in the last round?
What a load of shit throwing in a ring in to avoid being relegated, if I was the association I'd relegate Albury already for being perenially shit for the last decade.:D Heard a whisper a number of district clubs have considered reverting back to WDCA and running the district comp by itself, maybe the Erdeljac Cricket Association can come to its sense's and just promote Raiders and New City and get rid of the promotion/relegation system.:confused:

Not sure Big Guy. He might have played there previously though as he played footy in the Hume league for a bit. So there might be a rule between zones as he could still be registered at Albury. No idea just guessing though.
Footy's Footy and cricket. I'm guessing it's something dodgy . If a player moves say from Melbourne after christmas can he be cleared ? If the answer is no then I think it's the same for this Deni Dude !!!

Now with the bush clubs wanting to break away they only problem I see is the lower grades. They have more provincal sides in the c and d grade . But in saying that it would be better for cricket all round. The only ones who would be upset would be Mt Beauty as they want to be in provincal. Raiders going up would be great and they would land a few extra players but depth is always a problem. Look I say go back to the way it was and see what happens. Who knows you might get a bit of a surpise !!! But don't forget Tallangatta if you go back to a Albruy Wodonga based comp where do they fit in ??

In terms of results, I'm not sure Provincial would want New City as the moment and visa versa. Having lost the poms and whispers that more of their senior side won't be there next year, Newcity would get outrighted every other day. Image dave tassell bowling at them, he would genuinely hurt them. Every provincial club would bowl them out for 100. would newcity want to come up if this is the case?

Both provincial and district finals will be very interesting, if north albury can chase down 300 this week, they may get back in form but it seems a three horse race between st pats, lavi and tallangatta. As for district, yesterday's article by newcity makes me think they are angry at the poms for leaving and they see they wont win the granny now? or did i just take the article the wrong way? Raiders in my opinion have tremendously underachieved this year, even if they win. BIG GUY, what are your thoughts? You guys have the best team on paper, brimming with talent, and are young also. If the team stays together for a few years, they could be very formiddable. Yack and Mt Beauty have been pretty quiet and could lurk into a granny with no problem.

Some very intersting times ahead.

In terms of results, I'm not sure Provincial would want New City as the moment and visa versa. Having lost the poms and whispers that more of their senior side won't be there next year, Newcity would get outrighted every other day. Image dave tassell bowling at them, he would genuinely hurt them. Every provincial club would bowl them out for 100. would newcity want to come up if this is the case?

Both provincial and district finals will be very interesting, if north albury can chase down 300 this week, they may get back in form but it seems a three horse race between st pats, lavi and tallangatta. As for district, yesterday's article by newcity makes me think they are angry at the poms for leaving and they see they wont win the granny now? or did i just take the article the wrong way? Raiders in my opinion have tremendously underachieved this year, even if they win. BIG GUY, what are your thoughts? You guys have the best team on paper, brimming with talent, and are young also. If the team stays together for a few years, they could be very formiddable. Yack and Mt Beauty have been pretty quiet and could lurk into a granny with no problem.

Some very intersting times ahead.

Well New City will be under the pump to perform this weekend without any Poms !!!
With Raiders I have looked at them alot and yes they are a young side but not as young as we think. You have Head, Stevenson, Griffiths , Younger , Carson , . But then you have a few older guys in Gilbert, Graf , Weildant , Jennings , Beard , Taylor , Clarke and Mann . I have left Merkel out because I'm not sure where he fits. But looking at all these guys they can play . I think bowling is there strength and has been all year. It comes down to runs and if the openers get off to a flyer it tends to run on. But they have been getting it together at the right time of year. Who knows what is possible. ???

Now someone mentioned Barnys outright win. Well it got them into the finals but in the they have to play Mt Beauty who would be looking for revenge !!! Yack have been cruising but do rely on Walker a bit but that's every year.

All the best to all sides in the finals !!! PS I could be watching you

So i think most people won't be too surprised that patties and lavi and in the grand final. However dederang v mt beauty is a bit of a left feild one, i personally didnt think dederang would be up there. Who wants to critic all sides. Where do you think the games will be won and lost.

Yes i agree Mick, i thought Tallangatta might have got there but obviously age is catching up with a few of their warriors.

I really can't see Dederang getting anywhere near Mt.Beauty and apparently the toss won their game against New City - It seems that New City might have been unsettled by the poms departure?
Anyway Mt.Beauty in a canter which is a shame because i would have loved to have seen a close District final against the two top teams.

I believe Lavy will choke again and the game is securely St.Pats to lose. Will Restall get his 3rd century in a row in Grand Finals? He is the key

Gotta give credit to Lavington for having A, B, C1 and U/17's all playing in a Grand Final. Pretty big turnaround from where they were two years ago.
We're certainly a happy bunch down at Lavi and will be out there doing our best in all 3 grand finals.

Personally I'm a bit disappointed that the Border Mail had an article about St Pats making 3 grand finals, but didn't mention that Lavi had made 3 grand finals as well and we made the C1 Grand Final and they made C2. Maybe it was an excuse to tie it in with St Patrick's Day on the Sunday.

So District will be a cracker up in the mountains. Creamer was right earlier on and saying they won't finish on top but will make Grand Final. Mt Beauty for me.
Provincal will be a run fest if the rain stays away. The Cheese is looking great . St Pats will do it.
Well done to Lavi and St Pats for having so many teams in the Grand Finals .
The only place they aren't is District B Grade. Well done Raiders 2's it's been 3 seasons in the making. Go all the way .

Snuck over to The Cheese for a quick look yesterday. What a crowd! I've never seen that many people at a Grand Final before. Full credit to Wodonga CC. The ground was a picture.

Well done to the Panthers on their victories in the ones and twos, Mt Beauty in District and all the other winners. Pretty successful year all round for CAW.

Back