Cricket Albury/wodonga

I rekn Lade will stay at Tallangatta as I'm pretty sure he is up for Life Membership this year. Also heard on the grapevine that Plummer has walked out on Belvoir and has agreed to play at Albury.

Anyone know if the Hall of Fame is happening again this year? It was supposed to happen every second year wasn't it?

Any guesses about who might be inducted this year?

Rod Barton???

I'm pretty sure he's not eligible yet because I think he played seconds last year. I can't remember who was on the list last time that didn't make the cut. You'd reckon they would be the first ones looked at unless somebody else is eligible now that wasn't last time.

It appears you are pretty right with 2 more of your tips Bring Back The Cat as ive
heard Cencic and Simmonds to Belvoir. Both were chased pretty hard by North Albury if my mail is correct.

I heard some rumours at the footy on Saturday. Gee albury tigers looked good. Midson to albury, bull Harvey to barandua, booth to wodonga raiders, spiteri to howlong. There seems to be a lot of talk out there. Anyone else heard anything??

dont know where you heard spiteri to howlong he would be foolish to leave belvoir now given the recruits also has a son coming through the ranks. As for booth,midson and harvey you are also very wrong. It is funny looking through some old posts.

Well poor old Belvoir sorry I mean young and fresh Belvoir have done well to pick a few up. Yes they did have a ageing list but this will help them. Lookout for Norths pick ups shortly. Isn't funny how one player can keep so many away from a club.

Well the big news is Wodonga having to many players and want to put in more sides. What I say is stiff.... I have played at a huge club and to field 5 sides it's very hard from week to week. Just go with what you have and see what happens. There will be clubs who will struggle to field 3 sides and top up with kids and then get flogged . I know people will say it's not fair fo guys to miss out but wait until after christmas when sides struggle for numbers when footy takes over.

Let New city go up and see what happens....

Gotta take your hat off to Wodonga, it's a big effort to get so many players at a club and a strong junior system as well, leading the way. I tend to think let them enter district sides if the numbers really stack up. Not sure what the district clubs would say though.
(and not sure with that many seniors where some of the juniors will fit in?)
New City mmm... give them a go, for a bottom club to recruit they need to know what competition they'll be playing in, not bouncing back and forward. Pretty good bet they wont pick up a win in the first season but they probably know that, see how they are traveling 3-4 years on?

Any idea if the Bulldogs have finalised their application to field 2 sides in the district comp, are they going to be Wodonga's 3rds in district A grade and 4ths in B grade? If so makes a mockery of the District comp if clubs like Baranduda and to a lesser extent Raiders struggle for numbers when a 'Super' club wants teams in both comps. Where will they play these home games?

Any idea if the Bulldogs have finalised their application to field 2 sides in the district comp, are they going to be Wodonga's 3rds in district A grade and 4ths in B grade? If so makes a mockery of the District comp if clubs like Baranduda and to a lesser extent Raiders struggle for numbers when a 'Super' club wants teams in both comps. Where will they play these home games?

Fair call RUNOUT !!! It has been suggested many times on here that maybe a multi tier comp would work better. Have a look at all the melbourne comps they do it. If it was a mulit tier comp and not to seperate comps Wodonga could put in sides where they seem fit. So could any other clubs. The biggest problem is the grounds with turf maybe they might get old Lord Oval up and about. I see Howlong will have a new turf this year and ground which looks great but were do there thirds play? Hearing alot of movement going on but I do expect a few to leave Wodonga before christmas . Just image training going to 8pm or guys not getting a bat due to huge numbers.

Hold on to your hats just informed that Raiders ( yes Raiders ) and New City are going up. Looks like everything fell into place for them. But what happens know ? Does anyone come down if they don't meet the critera ?? Let the fun begin !!!

Hold on to your hats just informed that Raiders ( yes Raiders ) and New City are going up. Looks like everything fell into place for them. But what happens know ? Does anyone come down if they don't meet the critera ?? Let the fun begin !!!
Good luck to both clubs on going back up, interesting to see if a number of both of those clubs juniors still cross over to North Albury and Albury Titans as playing provincial was the big carrot for these young blokes to switch camps. Looks like an in town comp and out of town comp which is what most players wanted anyway. Good to see CAW got it right:eek:

Good luck to both clubs on going back up, interesting to see if a number of both of those clubs juniors still cross over to North Albury and Albury Titans as playing provincial was the big carrot for these young blokes to switch camps. Looks like an in town comp and out of town comp which is what most players wanted anyway. Good to see CAW got it right:eek:
Tallangatta are an out of town club and still in Provincial

Great, so now we go back to having a weaker comp with two teams (at least) that won't be competitive. CAW got it right when they went back to eight teams. Now it's not possible to have an even draw and we're going to have teams getting flogged every week.

The only way for New City and Raiders to be competitive in Provincial will be by poaching players from other Provincial clubs. It might not happen this season with round one not far away but I can guarantee it'll be a feeding frenzy once both clubs realise how much they need to improve to be competitive.

Tallangatta are an out of town club and still in Provincial
Very true. I'm thinking there's more to it . In the board voted and it's there decision. They have made silly mistakes before and changed them back. In regards to poaching players it happens every year and will continue. Hello Wodonga !!!! Yes Raiders and New City will struggle . Both clubs have a mix of older and younger guys. But what Ball said is a different story.Look at rep cricket how many were from district not counting imports?

So, let me get this straight. We scrap promotion/relegation and then promote two teams who weren't even good enough to make the Grand Final in District? What a joke!

New City keep talking about how good their juniors are but they only had one junior side make a grand final last year and they lost!

Can the Board not remember how crap the comp was last time we had ten teams? Disgraceful decision. The Board should be ashamed of themselves.

Here's a suggestion that mite make for some interesting posts. Make Provincial all One Day Cricket. All Rep Stuff is 50 overs so could this help us with Rep Cricket?

Back