Dan Wolfe Back Again...

Dan Wolfe Back Again...

Dan Wolfe captained the scotch first XI last year and was a year 12 this year. He has completed school but was then awarded scotch school captain. Scotch do this for some weird reason. Anyway, now that dan is school captain it allows him to play school cricket again. Firstly, should this be allowed, and secondly, will he make a difference?

Re: Dan Wolfe Back Again...

TheStraighter1;197147 said:
Dan Wolfe captained the scotch first XI last year and was a year 12 this year. He has completed school but was then awarded scotch school captain. Scotch do this for some weird reason. Anyway, now that dan is school captain it allows him to play school cricket again. Firstly, should this be allowed, and secondly, will he make a difference?

Mate this is just an immature comment. Dan Wolfe is a pioneer to APS cricket and is a hero everywhere he goes and defines top bloke to a tee. Whether or not other schools agree in the end, he was obviously the best candidate for the role of school captain. He is a good public speaker and an admirable leader. It has been several years since Scotch has elected a genuinely good and valuable sportsman as school captain, the last being Sam Webb in 2002 for swimming. Before that Tim Downing was school captain in 1999 and also captain of cricket in 1998. I agree it is different how Scotch selects a captain, but ultimately it is a sensible decision as this person is constantly looked up to by all boys throughout the year, not just in cricket season. And yes he will make a difference with his handy left arm offies and invaluable experience in the middle order. How is this situation any different to what MGS are doing with Dunnel?? (If that is actually true).

good on him

he'll ********ing rip it up and i hope he does

jetta will b a handy asset to the scotch out fit and we cant wait to the the real 'gamebreaker' back.

whole heartedly agree sharkies the real gamebreakers return could also spell the end for the new self proclaimed 'gamebreaker' what are ur thoughts???

Well although it is a strange way of selecting you cant help thinking that it has to be a big bonus for the school not only in cricket but also it makes sense to have an experienced old dog lead the school without the hassle of hsc and all the other pressures. not as silly as you might think although I am not sure how many hands go up for the job if you want to do UNI ,travel etc.As for the cricket the more quality the better the cricket.Talking of which does anyone know anything about this NSW MAD DOG crickter ?

question, i played with wolfe back in the wycliff days, is he back to bowling quicks,coz that'll be very handy for scotch if he does or is his back still wrecked?
he should show those young'uns how to play the game.

burwood;197532 said:
question, i played with wolfe back in the wycliff days, is he back to bowling quicks,coz that'll be very handy for scotch if he does or is his back still wrecked?
he should show those young'uns how to play the game.

this year he didnt bowl quicks in any games but he let them rip sometimes at training. no idea what he will bowl nxt year. we will have to wait and see...

id have to say he would have plenty of batsmen in trouble, left arm quicks and they were genuinely quick when he used to bowl em, so hopefully he does because the left arm offies he was bowling dont do his talent justice

fiskem;197293 said:
whole heartedly agree sharkies the real gamebreakers return could also spell the end for the new self proclaimed 'gamebreaker' what are ur thoughts???

i quite agree with fiskem
now that the real gamebreaker is back, al 'gamebreaker no. 2" mcmahon may have to slip back into the obscurity of 10A cricket

Nick Jewell just got given Library captain and he will be coming back to bat at number 6 in the 2 dayers. Rumour is that Judd will be offered a house captaincy position to bat at 4 and also play on ball in the footy season to ensure back to back flags

cricket74;198225 said:
Nick Jewell just got given Library captain and he will be coming back to bat at number 6 in the 2 dayers. Rumour is that Judd will be offered a house captaincy position to bat at 4 and also play on ball in the footy season to ensure back to back flags

sweet call mate.

very funny, well i heard that graham yellop has been offered vice sports captain, and will return to captain carey while in his mid 50's

dirk nannes is giving up his cricket victoria contract to open the bowling at wesley he's coming back as an apprentice groundskeeper

The Don has been exhumed from the grave and will play for GGS because they all stink too .....

Back