Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Try doing a write-up here each week on the round instead of reading the one in the paper. You might attract a few more visitors to this thread by doing a little summary. @|

OhMyGodTheChips;403284 said:
The cricket write ups in the NT news shit me seriously, they gave Calkin's second innings ton a massive write up/headline gave Briggs a slight mention and nothing for Lavers.

Agree totally. Tiffen even managed to call Shane McDermott "Chris McDermott", (he played for the Crows didn't he?!). Lavers inning was one of the best I have seen and almost stole the Coady Cup singlehandedly for them. They talk up the TV v PINT clash as the match of the round the week before, then ignore the result. Go figure...

Hey Jack, some interesting results on the weekend. As a bit of interest, what odds would you currently place on the clubs at this point in the season. I'm sure you know how to frame a market! You might even get some interest from keen punters!

Couldn't agree more. I know first hand what an amazing innings Simon Lavers played against Tracy Village on the weekend. He almost won that game off his own bat, 192 not out from a team score of 286 was incredible. At 4/4 off the first 6 overs it looked all over for Pints!

From all reports Tom Briggs innings was first class, and more importantly had a bearing on the result. Any chase over 300 is tough, but for Darwin to do it only a few wickets down should have been the main headline one would think.

The weekends results certainly make for an interesting couple of rounds ahead.

Darth Vadar;403307 said:
Hey Jack, some interesting results on the weekend. As a bit of interest, what odds would you currently place on the clubs at this point in the season. I'm sure you know how to frame a market! You might even get some interest from keen punters!

Nightcliff - 3.00
Tracy Village - 3.10
Palmerston - 6.00
Darwin - 12.50
Southern Districts - 12.50
PINT - 51.00
Waratah - 2001.00

That market is 100.2%. Village would firm into favourites if Cranmer goes home, while Darwin would push out a little if Brinsley is gone. PINT virtually need to win four games on the trot now to make the four, can only seen them winning two while they'll need Darwin and Districts to lose two out of their next three if they're any chance. If Village maintain their form should finish minor premiers while Palmerston are a chance of losing the plot and dropping to fourth.

NT squad has been named and should be a press release tomorrow or Wednesday.

Turk;403311 said:
Couldn't agree more. I know first hand what an amazing innings Simon Lavers played against Tracy Village on the weekend. He almost won that game off his own bat, 192 not out from a team score of 286 was incredible. At 4/4 off the first 6 overs it looked all over for Pints!

From all reports Tom Briggs innings was first class, and more importantly had a bearing on the result. Any chase over 300 is tough, but for Darwin to do it only a few wickets down should have been the main headline one would think.

Briggs batted real well, break through innings for him as well as the team where we've struggled to post 200+. The end of the day turned into a bit of a farce as Bleaks pretty much lost control of his side, along with last weeks incident, Palmerston are lacking some maturity and the right example from the senior players.

Round 11 - Saturday 17th & 24th July
Southern Districts v BYE
3.80 Waratah v 1.35 Darwin - Gardens Oval
2.50 Palmerston v 1.65 PINT - Woodroffe Oval
1.90 Nightcliff v 2.10 Tracy Village - Nightcliff Oval

Southern Districts will be hoping Waratah score an upset against Darwin. Both teams lack bowling depth but Darwin's all-round ability will be too much for Tahs.

Palmerston have dropped the ball and will find it tough going against PINT who have solidified their batting by picking up Manou and Berry.

Should be an even contest between the Tigers and Villagers. Depending on the ins and outs for Nightcliff, TV should get up.

Saturday's write up; Calkin denies Southern Districts outright victory | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

Turk;403311 said:

Yes I wish I came down with Jason Hatton after the Hawks game cause even he said that it was an awesome innings and there where some nervous TV supporters on the sidelines...LOL

OhMyGodTheChips;403320 said:
Nightcliff - 3.00
Tracy Village - 3.10
Palmerston - 6.00
Darwin - 12.50
Southern Districts - 12.50
PINT - 51.00
Waratah - 2001.00

That market is 100.2%. Village would firm into favourites if Cranmer goes home, while Darwin would push out a little if Brinsley is gone. PINT virtually need to win four games on the trot now to make the four, can only seen them winning two while they'll need Darwin and Districts to lose two out of their next three if they're any chance. If Village maintain their form should finish minor premiers while Palmerston are a chance of losing the plot and dropping to fourth.

NT squad has been named and should be a press release tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks old mate. I agree with your odds and suggestions and the remainder of the season should be interesting to watch, (so long as you're not at Tahs anyway). This weekend, (Nightcliff v Village), should be a cracker and I reckon it could even play a serious part in deciding the club championship. Nightcliff are ladder leaders in A & B, but have yet to have the bye and the A Grade Village lads had their measure in the one-dayer.

Great to see Darwin back in the four and consolidating too. Excellent win against Palmy, tipped as early season Premiers.

Depending on how the weekend goes, I might have to give you a call to lay a bet, but then again, depending on how the weekend goes the odds will undoubtedly change!

acek00;403375 said:
Yes I wish I came down with Jason Hatton after the Hawks game cause even he said that it was an awesome innings and there where some nervous TV supporters on the sidelines...LOL

At 6/161 we were coasting and all was well. At 285 and Lavers sniffing 200, I was shitting myself. I guess Jason smelt it.

A soul lifting win, and the Coady Cup to us. Good preparation for the Tiger Den...

Cranmer and Brinsley are pretty much gone for the season. Rumour has it Nightcliff have also lost Kuru and Bracewell.

Current ladder;

Team - Played - Win - Loss - Draw - Points
Nightcliff - 9 - 6 - 3 - 0 - 55
Palmerston - 9 - 6- 3 - 0 - 46
Tracy Village - 8 - 6 - 2 - 0 - 40
Darwin - 9 - 4 - 5 - 0 - 38
Souther Districts - 9 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 35
PINT - 8 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 27
Waratah - 8 - 1 - 7 - 0 - 13

A bit of a farce at the tribunal during the week as Palmerston's quick Te Ahu Davis got off with a reprimand after damaging the pitch in the first day of their clash against Darwin. Play was abandon for the day (approximately an hour and 20 minutes) after being dismissed stumped he threw his bat into the pitch leaving a fair size dent on a length.

The ball before the actually incident he told the umpire to **** off as well and that wasn't even reported, yet in a B grade clash between the same teams a Darwin player was given a suspended sentence for giving a send off.

It is a beyond a joke that such incidents can happen (especially in this instance where play is actually lost due to the actions of a player) and the player isn't given a suspension let alone a suspended sentence. The D&DCA and NT Cricket are kidding themselves if they think it is in the best interests of the game and Darwin Cricket to let such actions go unpunished and without consequence.

Round 11 - Saturday 17th & 24th July
Southern Districts v BYE
Waratah 197 v Darwin 5 for 172 - Gardens Oval
Palmerston 3 for 65 v PINT 228 - Woodroffe Oval
Nightcliff 328 v Tracy Village 2 for 10 - Nightcliff Oval

Gardiner (Tahs), Calkin (Nightcliff) and Lavers (PINT) all knocked up tons, while Dolman (Darwin) took five.

OhMyGodTheChips;403651 said:
Nightcliff 328 v Tracy Village 2 for 10 - Nightcliff Oval

Must of been another dodgie deck at Nightcliff this weekend with a team score so low!

Bagman;403676 said:
Must of been another dodgie deck at Nightcliff this weekend with a team score so low!

I'm sure it'll be a Nightcliff special next week, so you can hold on to that chip on your shoulder.

Back